Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thumbs down Totally confused!!!???!!!

I just got this game yesterday and I am about to throw my computer out of my window. This game is so confusing with vague instructions and no customer support so that is why I am here now.

Here is one question I would like to know how do you save a game in progress and then load it so you could continue playing?

I have repeatedly tried to do this but to no avail in fact the closest I got was having my game simulated and ruined.

This is suppose to be fun not frustrating!!!

Last edited by rmilin11; 01-11-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Why didn't you stay gone?
Old 01-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
smithtm
Minors (Double A)

When I am playing a game, I have a SAVE AND LEAVE button at the bottom of the game screen.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
le receveur
All Star Starter

actually one of the feature of this game, is you cannot Not save your game.

on your start screen, you will be able to LOAD GAME and this gives you list of existing onesName:  strat.JPG
Views: 796
Size:  159.0 KB

now breathe
Old 01-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

if you close the game it does save it automatically, but

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-11-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

All you have to do is exit the game and it auto saves. There's also a save game button on the menu.

Then hit load game to restart.

This is so obvious I really feel like the op may just be trolling here...

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-11-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #7
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You would think they would tell you how to reload a saved game in progress in the instruction manual...
Old 01-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilin11 View Post
I just got this game yesterday and I am about to throw my computer out of my window. This game is so confusing with vague instructions and no customer support so that is why I am here now.

Here is one question I would like to know how do you save a game in progress and then load it so you could continue playing?

I have repeatedly tried to do this but to no avail in fact the closest I got was having my game simulated and ruined.

This is suppose to be fun not frustrating!!!
Hang in there. It's a complicated game, more so the more you get into it. If you have the interest, the dedication, and the time, though, it will be quite rewarding.

- Bru

Old 01-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #9
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
You would think they would tell you how to reload a saved game in progress in the instruction manual...

Out of the Park Baseball Manual
Old 01-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #10
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When I did that it just took me to the managers screen there was no game in progress. I am not joking I really dont know how to reload a game in progress The closest I got was the game was ruined for me because it was completed by the simulator.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #11
le receveur
All Star Starter

and people around here are really helpful with the help...
Old 01-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #12
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK I see that I am not going to get any help here just made fun of thanks for nothing.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
When I did that it just took me to the managers screen there was no game in progress. I am not joking I really dont know how to reload a game in progress The closest I got was the game was ruined for me because it was completed by the simulator.
You can't reload an in progress game from an earlier point as the game auto saves when you exit.

The only thing you can do is Ctr+Alt+Del and then end the OOTP process (force crash), then re start the game and load your game. This can cause some issues so don't do it unless it's absolutely necessary.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #14
le receveur
All Star Starter

wasn't making fun. i think i misunderstood what you meant by game... for me my league is my game. i was just trying to help, based on the provided info, and was really worried that you had ruined a whole game like 20 years of baseball
Old 01-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #15
endgame
Hall Of Famer

If you've saved it through the Save and Leave button, find the tab as pictured for Live! and locate your game. There should be a Resume button, Play or Manage button on it. I think it says Resume. Be aware though, if you made any changes to who is responsible for what, e.g. pitching, substitutions, etc... you'll need to make them again going back in this way.
Attached Images
Old 01-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #16
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
wasn't making fun. i think i misunderstood what you meant by game... for me my league is my game. i was just trying to help, based on the provided info, and was really worried that you had ruined a whole game like 20 years of baseball
Ah, me too. It wasn't till I read your post that I realized I was also misunderstanding
Old 01-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #17
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

The first screen print shows the button that is available at any time during a game. Click that and the game is saved and you are taken to control screens.

If you go to the Play menu and IF YOU CHOOSE TO SIMULATE (FINISH TODAY OR FINISH SIMULATION) AT THIS TIME, you will END your game in progress. See second screen print; you want to Continue Simulation.

Now, if you exit OOTPB, it will save the unfinished game in suspension. When you start OOTPB again, look for your game in the top right corner and click it (third screen print). It will resume where you left off.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 01-11-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #18
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the thanks guys but it's too late; he's already gone. He asks a question at 3:28pm, gets frustrated by confusion over his question, and gives up by 4:11pm.

I don't get it. I am tempted to say something unpleasant here but instead I will assert my desire to be helpful when I can to the 99% of newbies who come here to ask legitimate questions, have proper manners when they do so, have patience of more than 45 minutes waiting for an answer, and are thankful for getting it.

- Bru

Old 01-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #19
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
seriously? you really can't figure out how to use this game? You need 1. to sober up 2. Put the syringe down 3. Quit being a complete a$$ 4. spend your next welfare check/crack deal profit and spend it on getting a GED 5. Quit trolling these boards (last known count this is your 4th different account you have used in the last 6 months)
Old 01-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #20
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
seriously? you really can't figure out how to use this game? You need 1. to sober up 2. Put the syringe down 3. Quit being a complete a$$ 4. spend your next welfare check/crack deal profit and spend it on getting a GED 5. Quit trolling these boards (last known count this is your 4th different account you have used in the last 6 months)
This kind of reply is absolutely unnecessary. If you don't like the OP, that's your prerogative, but there's no need to made ignorant comments like those.
Closed Thread