Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 12-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #21
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

How do you do that? I am looking at making a league that just sims games based on the players' historical stats/ratings from each year.
Crazyjoe0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #22
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjoe0813 View Post
How do you do that? I am looking at making a league that just sims games based on the players' historical stats/ratings from each year.
There is a checkbox in the league setup for enabling/disabling financials. You might have to go to the Advanced Setup (i.e. not in the wizard) to perform. Off the top of my head, I don't remember which tab, but it should be easy to find.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #23
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
There is a checkbox in the league setup for enabling/disabling financials. You might have to go to the Advanced Setup (i.e. not in the wizard) to perform. Off the top of my head, I don't remember which tab, but it should be easy to find.

The financials can be disabled at any time although once the files are created you must be in the pre-season. So he can worry about getting the league set up the way he wants it and disable the financials before he actually starts playing games if it's easier for him.

BTW: it's in the "Financials tab" of setup
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
The financials can be disabled at any time although once the files are created you must be in the pre-season. So he can worry about getting the league set up the way he wants it and disable the financials before he actually starts playing games if it's easier for him.

BTW: it's in the "Financials tab" of setup
That sentence contradicts itself.

Financials can only be enabled/disabled during preseason.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #25
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
That sentence contradicts itself.

Financials can only be enabled/disabled during preseason.

What can I say, I got a "C" in English
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #26
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

So I think I've figured everything out about setting the game up except how do you manually assign players to a team as commish. We would start our league with a fantasy draft but have a few guys as Team Icons that would be assigned to the teams before the draft. Can this be done before the draft and pull them out of the pool?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #27
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

Also is there any way to edit players so that they are only available to certain teams? I was going to make a historical league where you could only draft/trade for players who played for your franchise at some point in their career.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I think I've figured everything out about setting the game up except how do you manually assign players to a team as commish. We would start our league with a fantasy draft but have a few guys as Team Icons that would be assigned to the teams before the draft. Can this be done before the draft and pull them out of the pool?
I did this after using a HS Feeder league. While in Commish mode assign them to the team you want to and give them a ML or minor league contract. As far as your last question no unless you have them to go their original teams but that would be all players not a certain few. You would have to turn your draft off.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #29
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

Don't bother with the demo. Just buy it. If you like baseball sims, you're going to buy it eventually, might as well now. I've never heard of someone trying the game out and not liking it.

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #30
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

I already bought it. Trying things out to get them how I want it. I was going to make the premise of the league that the 1981 strike was not resolved in season and forced the cancellation of the rest of the season. Then the teams contracted and did a complete redraft of all the players. In that case is it possible to import the real games up to June 11, 1981 and then wipe out the rest of the schedule, or do I have to start at the beginning of 1981 and then sim to that date, then delete the rest?
Old 12-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #31
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

Also I went in and deleted the rest of the 1981 schedule and then when I told it to Sim until the start of 1982 it auto generated the playoffs. Is there a way to tell it to not have the playoffs in 1981? I tried deleting the games from the schedule after they had been played but they still show up in the team history and such. Do I have to delete them as soon as they are scheduled?
Old 12-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #32
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also I went in and deleted the rest of the 1981 schedule and then when I told it to Sim until the start of 1982 it auto generated the playoffs. Is there a way to tell it to not have the playoffs in 1981? I tried deleting the games from the schedule after they had been played but they still show up in the team history and such. Do I have to delete them as soon as they are scheduled?
Uncheck playoffs. I think this has to be done in Preseason but not entirely sure.

"Stay Strong"

Old 12-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #33
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

How do I manually assign a player to a specific team?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #34
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
How do I manually assign a player to a specific team?
You have to be in Commish mode. Click on the button with you or the GM's name, then click Manager Options. You'll see a checkbox to click on that says "Commissioner Mode". Once you've done that, click on the player you want to assign and go to the Editor tab. Where it says "Team Information, Select New Team", click on the dropdown window that says "No League Selected" and select the league where you want him to play and then select the team in the second dropdown window. Make sure you hit Enter after you select a team or edit anything on a player's page. Otherwise, you run the risk of the changes not updating.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #35
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

Awesome!! Thanks.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #36
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

So since the draft pool will be limited because of the rules I will be using (only being able to draft players who played for your team) I would like to add in some fictitious players to round out everyone's rosters. Is there a way to set the quality of those players before adding them or would I have to manually edit them all? For instance, can I say that I want the fictitious players to be all at very low MLB quality so that players can use them as filler (if they were only able to draft one catcher for instance) but they won't be stars on the team.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #37
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So since the draft pool will be limited because of the rules I will be using (only being able to draft players who played for your team) I would like to add in some fictitious players to round out everyone's rosters. Is there a way to set the quality of those players before adding them or would I have to manually edit them all? For instance, can I say that I want the fictitious players to be all at very low MLB quality so that players can use them as filler (if they were only able to draft one catcher for instance) but they won't be stars on the team.
In the FA screen and I believe the Ammy draft screen you can create fictional players and set them pretty much any way you want. You can do as many as you need at a time.

"Stay Strong"

Old 12-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #38
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You could add a minor league (probably AA or AAA level), fill that league with fictional players and then immediately delete it. The generated players will get dumped to the free agent pool, so there will be a bunch of "filler" players that teams can sign as needed.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #39
Isryion
Major Leagues

Quote:
If you create them individually yes. Just give it a shot on the FA screen and you'll see you can set the age, position, and skill level, or leave whatever you want random. You can also make them part of the draft pool or not. It's up to you.

Last edited by Isryion; 12-20-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #40
bobellis75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Whatifsports.com. The site used to be independent but several years ago it was bought by Fox Sports and has gone downhill ever since. We have several openings in leagues and can't seem to find any interested players. Several people there have said to check out this site/program so here I am. I really don't want the league to die and hope this might be a good way to continue.
I used to play at WIS very heavily myself. I gave it up. Was much better way back when.
bobellis75 is offline   Reply With Quote