Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 05-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Financial question

This has been explained to me by a friend who has played OOTP for many years but I still do not understand the following:

I have an extension pending, not sure why, for a player who told me he would not talk to me any more. I tried to withdraw the offer but it never withdrew.

Game says I have 7-9 million available for FA
20-30 million available for extensions
Starting cash balance 28 million in cash
Currently have 41 million in cash
Currently 18 million over budget

Owner is a penny pincher
Owner is Furious, team was 4-20 when I took them over, and currently am 27-54 or something like that. He wants 500 record or winning record not sure which

The problem I am having is I am getting a no money available message, not an over budget message when I try to offer 1 year contracts to FA, claim players, or even try to offer International FA.

I was told by someone, not my friend, that the contract offer to Garza was the problem. That does not make sense since Garza's offer did not involve this season.

My friend told me that the no money error message, should have been the budget message. I would agree with that if the game said I had no money for FA.

I feel like there is a disconnect in the logic, whether it is what I see, or whether it's in the game. Since I currently have cash and money available for FA, I would think I would be able to sign FA to one year deals, or International FA.

Can someone explain to me what I am not seeing, to help with my disconnect?
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

It is because you are over budget. My guess is you are receiving the "money" message because if you continue with your current payroll for the season you will be in the red at the end. I would need to see some financial screen shots to be sure but I am 90% confident in this answer.

Having available $$$ for FA is pretty weird though.

Can you post screen shot of..
Front Office ->Finances and ->Advanced info screen
and Salaries screen?
Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

In some future variation, we should be given an option (via the accounting office or whatever) to move monies from one category to another to accomodate particular ambitions with, of course, the appropriate benefits and penalties. The existing system, too often allows for these types of inquiries. Why, if there's money HERE, can't I spend it THERE? I would think the option should exist, for specific types of owners, to exercise some flexibility or willingness to discuss such options.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
It is because you are over budget. My guess is you are receiving the "money" message because if you continue with your current payroll for the season you will be in the red at the end. I would need to see some financial screen shots to be sure but I am 90% confident in this answer.

Having available $$$ for FA is pretty weird though.

Can you post screen shot of..
Front Office ->Finances and ->Advanced info screen
and Salaries screen?
Pictures as requested. They are of same week, not sure if both came out though
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by bcduggan; 05-29-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Clearly there is some editing that has gone on. $1B from the owner?

Also, the starting available cash doesn't balance.

The final thing I would like to see is last year's revenue and are you playing with owner controlled budget or all revenue available?

A couple of things which could be at play here.

The over budget observation from TGH is probably the trigger here. I have seen this before where it says FA money is available but the budget has been exceeded. The no money available is the same as over budget. Not sure I've seen separate messages.

The other possibility is that you are really going to lose $10M more before the end of the season and the game knows this (although it doesn't show it - one of the changes I'm trying to get into the financials).

Also, your total expenses show $152M, but the total expenses expected is looks to be around $135M. That could be because you traded for a player during the season which increased your payroll. But if your expenses really will be $152M, then it would create a loss greater than your cash could cover.

My guess is between your current record and owner mood, he is blocking you spending any more of his money. Thus the out of money response. Even if you use the all revenue option, the owner still comes into play on all player transactions.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
Clearly there is some editing that has gone on. $1B from the owner?

Also, the starting available cash doesn't balance.

The final thing I would like to see is last year's revenue and are you playing with owner controlled budget or all revenue available?

A couple of things which could be at play here.

The over budget observation from TGH is probably the trigger here. I have seen this before where it says FA money is available but the budget has been exceeded. The no money available is the same as over budget. Not sure I've seen separate messages.

The other possibility is that you are really going to lose $10M more before the end of the season and the game knows this (although it doesn't show it - one of the changes I'm trying to get into the financials).

Also, your total expenses show $152M, but the total expenses expected is looks to be around $135M. That could be because you traded for a player during the season which increased your payroll. But if your expenses really will be $152M, then it would create a loss greater than your cash could cover.

My guess is between your current record and owner mood, he is blocking you spending any more of his money. Thus the out of money response. Even if you use the all revenue option, the owner still comes into play on all player transactions.
This is year one in the league. I am not sure where the numbers came from. Since I joined the league I did make a few trades and increased payroll this season by 30 million I believe.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Is that Windows 98 in the real life screenshots? Wow.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan View Post
This is year one in the league. I am not sure where the numbers came from. Since I joined the league I did make a few trades and increased payroll this season by 30 million I believe.

There are still values in the "show last" season which will be used by OOTP in computing balances.

They will help you understand what is going on.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 05-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Is that Windows 98 in the real life screenshots? Wow.
The pictures were taken with a Galaxy S3. The computer is windows XP
Old 05-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
There are still values in the "show last" season which will be used by OOTP in computing balances.

They will help you understand what is going on.
Ok, not sure how they would help me understand though. The screen I took a picture of reminds me of the majors quickplay finance screen, the high dollar amount taken away was in that as well. So I am guessing that is where this league started from.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #11
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

I looked at the previous year numbers and they all balance. However, the previous year was the year before the league started. The final balance carried over fine from previous year to starting balance of current year. I looked at the current year numbers and from revenue sharing to starting balance do not make sense.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #12
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I agree the current year makes no sense. Could be a bug since you indicated that it was also in a quickplay screen. What last year will help with is what is the revenue the game is thinking you will make. It uses last years gate and merchandise revenue as projections for current year. It will help you understand projected balance, which in turn is the basis of the projected budget, which in turn determines money for extensions. All of these change during a season, so if you can kind of figure out where they are headed, it gives you some planning guidance.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 06-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan View Post
I looked at the previous year numbers and they all balance. However, the previous year was the year before the league started. The final balance carried over fine from previous year to starting balance of current year. I looked at the current year numbers and from revenue sharing to starting balance do not make sense.
Quote:
I agree the current year makes no sense. Could be a bug since you indicated that it was also in a quickplay screen. What last year will help with is what is the revenue the game is thinking you will make. It uses last years gate and merchandise revenue as projections for current year. It will help you understand projected balance, which in turn is the basis of the projected budget, which in turn determines money for extensions. All of these change during a season, so if you can kind of figure out where they are headed, it gives you some planning guidance.
I know I have seen it before. I checked 2 solo leagues I started and I do not see it there. Is it possible that this was fixed with last patch, however it did not carry over? This league started before the patch and I joined before the patch.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #14
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Not that I'm aware of. Finances haven't changed since 12.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 06-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #15
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Not that I'm aware of. Finances haven't changed since 12.
What I mean by seeing is before is I know I saw it this season before the current patch in 14.