Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Roster updates

I'm just wondering bc this is much the case every year when game comes out so here goes. I'm a White Sox so when I create a season I choose them. The issue I have as little as some think it is, it's time consuming. It not it seems like but I know for sure that not as much time & care are giving to the lower end team rosters in updates. The Yankees, Red Sox, Dodges...etc roster updates are pretty good, but if you choose a lower end team like White Sox, Royals, teams that are not really good the roster updates are really none exsistant or just terrible. To have a teams #2 & #3 IRL starters in Triple A is really uncalled for. To have players on active roster that has been released or sent down weeks ago is also uncalled for. I just wish the roster team tat woeks on rosters would take more time with all teams not just the POPULAR teams. Moving them from minors to active or from active to minors usually takes an option away. I use the editor to move them around so as not to show on transactions. To start a league and start a proper league with just my teams rosters correct & start playing games takes hours at times just to make things right with roster. Thanks for listening & maybe caring. It's maybe a minor thing to some but it's old hat everytime you start a league

BB
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:41 PM   #2
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
I'm just wondering bc this is much the case every year when game comes out so here goes. I'm a White Sox so when I create a season I choose them. The issue I have as little as some think it is, it's time consuming. It not it seems like but I know for sure that not as much time & care are giving to the lower end team rosters in updates. The Yankees, Red Sox, Dodges...etc roster updates are pretty good, but if you choose a lower end team like White Sox, Royals, teams that are not really good the roster updates are really none exsistant or just terrible. To have a teams #2 & #3 IRL starters in Triple A is really uncalled for. To have players on active roster that has been released or sent down weeks ago is also uncalled for. I just wish the roster team tat woeks on rosters would take more time with all teams not just the POPULAR teams. Moving them from minors to active or from active to minors usually takes an option away. I use the editor to move them around so as not to show on transactions. To start a league and start a proper league with just my teams rosters correct & start playing games takes hours at times just to make things right with roster. Thanks for listening & maybe caring. It's maybe a minor thing to some but it's old hat everytime you start a league

BB
I am managing the Yankees and I also had to make a number of changes so that the opening day roster represented the real Yankees opening day roster. So these issues are not limited to the lower level teams.
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:46 PM   #3
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

The problem is that no matter how the guys set up the initial rosters, as soon as you start a save the AI takes over and makes its own decisions. This is the main reason why you see guys in the minors who made the team in real life and vice versa.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:29 PM   #4
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
The problem is that no matter how the guys set up the initial rosters, as soon as you start a save the AI takes over and makes its own decisions. This is the main reason why you see guys in the minors who made the team in real life and vice versa.

Nah, Don't believe that much. I manage everything as GM. I make all moves including setting up minors. Hey I'm a FANBOY Maximus. Not trying to stir things up. But obvious roster moves are not always made.I had players who didn't even make it out of spring training with teams as they were released & 2 were in my 25 man active roster while 2 starters from last 2 years were in minors. LOL
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:45 PM   #5
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Nah, Don't believe that much. I manage everything as GM. I make all moves including setting up minors. Hey I'm a FANBOY Maximus. Not trying to stir things up. But obvious roster moves are not always made.I had players who didn't even make it out of spring training with teams as they were released & 2 were in my 25 man active roster while 2 starters from last 2 years were in minors. LOL
The only thing you mentioned that can't be attributed to the AI is the guys who had not made the team and were released still being on the roster. Guys who were starters for two years aren't guaranteed to even make the MLB team once the AI takes over.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:30 PM   #6
mpatt75
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
The only thing you mentioned that can't be attributed to the AI is the guys who had not made the team and were released still being on the roster. Guys who were starters for two years aren't guaranteed to even make the MLB team once the AI takes over.
Yes.

Eloy is in AAA, bring him up and he's the 4 hitter.
Reynaldo Lopez is in AAA, he went 7-10 with a 3.91 ERA last season in the Majors
and a few other things.
mpatt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:00 PM   #7
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatt75 View Post
Yes.

Eloy is in AAA, bring him up and he's the 4 hitter.
Reynaldo Lopez is in AAA, he went 7-10 with a 3.91 ERA last season in the Majors
and a few other things.
Those have nothing to do with updated rosters. The AI is deciding to put those guys in the minors, not Markus and the development team.