Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #1
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Signing Draft Prospects

In my 2nd season as the Redwings, I signed a couple of my draft prospects to ECHL/AHL/NHL contracts. After signing they were all on my NHL active roster so I started sending down to the AHL or ECHL. A couple players I was able to, but a couple only allowed to send down to OHL. I was confused by this, but did it anyway with Choloski (LD) and now it doesn't appear I can send him back up. Can anyone clarify why this is? Why is he only able to send down to OHL & when can I call back up?

Also, I sent qualifying offers to a couple of my free agents. They denied the offer to test free agency. If no other team offers a contract, what happens next? Do they accept my qualifying offer? Arbitration? Sit out the season?
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #2
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

When it comes to prospects, any 18 or 19 year old that plays juniors needs to either play on the NHL team or go back to juniors. You can't send them to the AHL or ECHL.

That mirrors the NHL / CHL agreement in place in the real world.

If you return an underage player to Juniors before he plays his 10th NHL game, his contract slides back another year. If you send him back after 10 games, his contract is still active. Once returned to Juniors, the player must remain there through the end of his Juniors season (playoffs included).

In the real world, there is an emergency exception, but that isn't available in FHM yet. If a team doesn't have enough players (the situation is defined in the CBA), it can use an emergency recall on a junior player. The player must be returned as soon as the emergency condition is over.

Also not in FHM is that after their junior season is over, the signed prospects can go to the NHL, or the AHL on a PTO (Professional Try Out - also not in the game yet).

Last edited by Torgonius; 11-10-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #3
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks Torgonius, that really helps!!! Bummed I will miss out on a couple guys for another season but a little more seasoning wouldn't hurt.

Any info on the restricted free agents? I'm just curious if they get no other offers, if they end up settling on the qualifying offer, or they just hold out??
Old 11-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

If you submit a qualifying offer, you retain the players rights. He doesn't have to sign the offer, and can then sit out holding out for more money.

I have seen a player drastically reduce their demands after a couple weeks of not playing. They still wanted more than the QO, but not as much as they wanted initially. That will all be dependent on the player, though. There will be some who won't budge from their stance.

I've also had a case where another team submitted an offer sheet, that the player accepted, for much less than the offer I had made. Of course, I matched the offer sheet and saved a boatload of money.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:46 AM   #5
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Yah that's what I figured, I'm in July so its still early yet to see how this will pan out. I think I read for NHL rules, that if he doesn't sign by December, he is out for the rest of the season.

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #6
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Pretty much what Torgonius said. One thing about free agents to know is if they are restricted or unrestricted.

Restricted free agents essentially have the option of accepting your offer or sitting out the season. They cannot go to another team unless they accept an offer from another team, which results in you receiving draft pick compensation.

Unrestricted free agents can accept an offer from any other team when free agency starts on July 1. You will not receive any compensation for them signing elsewhere, which is why it's a good idea to trade them if you don't plan on re-signing them and you are not a contender.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote