Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #1
ericnease84
Minors (Double A)

United Baseball League

This is a fictional baseball league called the United Baseball League. It begins in 1900 with 20 original teams in the eastern part of the United States. Each team has a AAA farm team located somewhere in the same state as the parent team. No lower levels of minor leagues exist (yet...they will later).

Teams are all fictional, but can be based off real life teams (for example, one of my Chicago teams is named the Bears and shares colors and logo with the real life NFL team and the AAA league is named the "Eastern League," after the real life minor league). Logos and uniforms are a combination of ones I have designed, and ones I have downloaded off of these forums (for example, my original AAA teams are all using logos and uniforms from the "Top 10 Cities Per State Project." I am willing to share logos and uniforms on here if you all wish; I do not take credit for any of them unless specifically noted.

The league begins in 1900 with a fantasy draft. I will attempt to keep it as realistic with the times as I can, in terms of expenses, free agency, and so on (except for one thing: there will be no "color barrier"; all teams will include black players for the duration of this league's history).
Most stadiums, therefore, will be generically named at the start. I will take requests for stadium names, but won't worry about naming them like they are today until much later in this league's history.

This league is using OOTP20, as that is the latest version of the game that I own.

This league begins with two leagues (conferences, in this case). There are two divisions in each conference, with five teams each. Right now, there are no wild cards: the division winners play in a best-of-five League Championship Series to move on to the World Series, which will be a best of seven. The original teams in this league are as follows:

AMERICAN BASEBALL CONFERENCE

East Division

1. Baltimore Browns: They play in the Ballpark of Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland. Their AAA team is the Columbia Firefighters, who play in Columbia, Maryland.

2. Boston Pilgrims: They play in the Ballpark of Boston in Boston, Massachusetts. Their AAA team is the New Bedford Norse, who play in New Bedford, Massachusetts.

3. Brooklyn Muskies: They play in Muskies Ballpark in Brooklyn, New York. Their AAA team is the Yonkers Orangemen, who play in Yonkers, New York.

4. Maine Lobsters: They play in the Ballpark of Maine in Portland, Maine. Their AAA team is the South Portland Lobsters in South Portland, Maine.

5. Philadelphia Blackhawks: They play in Blackhawk Ballpark in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Their AAA team is the Harrisburg Braves in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

West Division

1. Chicago Renegades: They play in the Chicago Fields in Chicago, Illinois. Their AAA team is the Rockford Renegades in Rockford, Illinois.

2. Kentucky Kings: They play in Louisville Palace in Louisville, Kentucky. Their AAA team is the Lexington Dukes in Lexington, Kentucky.

3. Louisiana Black Bears: They play in the Ballpark of New Orleans in New Orleans, Louisiana. Their AAA team is the Baton Rouge Red Sox in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

4. Mobile Mallards: They play in Arnold Field (named after team owner Chris Arnold) in Mobile, Alabama. Their AAA team is the Montgomery Ducks in Montgomery, Alabama.

5. Nashville Stars: They play in Nashville Field in Nashville, Tennessee. Their AAA team is the Memphis Blue Sox in Memphis, Tennessee.

NATIONAL BASEBALL CONFERENCE

East Division

1. Buffalo Black Knights: They play in Black Knights Ballpark in Buffalo, New York. Their AAA team is the Rochester Tigers in Rochester, New York.

2. New York Giants: They play in Giants Field in New York, New York. Their AAA team is the Syracuse Gems in Syracuse, New York.

3. Pittsburgh Piranhas: They play in Piranhas Ballpark in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Their AAA team is the Scranton Pirates in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

4. Virginia Beach Captains: They play in Captains Ballpark in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Their AAA team is the Roanoke Cougars in Roanoke, Virginia.

5. Washington Grays: They play in Grays Stadium in Washington DC. Their AAA team is the Silver Spring Grays in Silver Spring, Maryland.

West Division

1. Chicago Bears: They play in Bears Ballpark in Chicago, Illinois. Their AAA team is the Springfield Cubs in Springfield, Illinois.

2. Cleveland Bobcats: They play in the Cleveland Grounds in Cleveland, Ohio. Their AAA team is the Cincinnati Wildcats in Cincinnati, Ohio.

3. Detroit Chargers: They play in Chargers Park in Detroit, Michigan. Their AAA team is the Flint Wolverines in Flint, Michigan.

4. Minnesota North Stars: They play in the Northstar Grounds in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Their AAA team is the St. Paul Saints in St. Paul, Minnesota.

5. St. Louis Rams: They play in Rams Ballpark in St. Louis, Missouri. Their AAA team is the Kansas City Trains in Kansas City, Missouri.

First step is the inaugural fantasy draft. The Mobile Mallards have the first pick.

Last edited by ericnease84; 04-09-2021 at 10:44 PM.
ericnease84 is offline   Reply With Quote