Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #1
Stick50
Minors (Single A)

All-Star Game Time

I know the game has players all over the world but it has always struck me as odd that the game chooses to have the All-Star game on a TH night (8pm eastern). Basically you have 2 hours without a sim (other then the AS game, if you care).

I would love to see the AS game happen during a "9am-5pm... worktime" time, so i dont miss out on any sims when i am at home.

I say this as someone on the east coast but i would think it could be set up to happen at early enough that all coasts could have it happen during "work time".

Just a thought.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #2
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I wish they didn't play out the All-Star game at all. Just drop those 4 days from the schedule and keep things moving.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:49 AM   #3
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I think it's perfect having it after I get home from work because it gives a window to evaluate where the team stands and maybe make changes without always being in the middle of a series.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
Mammoth_Mayhem
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I think it's perfect having it after I get home from work because it gives a window to evaluate where the team stands and maybe make changes without always being in the middle of a series.
Could not agree more!
Mammoth_Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #5
Stick50
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Do you find yourself tinkering with lineups game by game or series by series?

I tend to only make changes in 2 situations...

1- I get a new player/upgrade and make a move

2- I finally have had enough of a guy hitting .190 and bench him.

In either case though its a move that will last for a while... Not... game by game or series by series.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

The OP should probably try being asleep by necessity for half of each sim day before he gets so worked up over the timing of the All Star Game...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #7
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
The OP should probably try being asleep by necessity for half of each sim day before he gets so worked up over the timing of the All Star Game...
Unnecessarily brutal comment.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #8
Stick50
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I started by saying I know there are players all over the world. Unfortunately, most times decisions are made based off the majority... as unfair as it may be. I would certainly hate to be in your shoes.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #9
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
There´s no need to be so ugly Westheim just because someone voices an opinion you disagree with.
I live in Europe too but I don´t bitch about missing half the sims. I knew it would be like that when I signed up, and besides, it´s nice to have the last two sims with my morning coffee and then have the whole day to get guys off the AH while everyone in the US is sleeping.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #10
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I'm so sorry for getting bitchy when someone who has the entire sim cycle tailored to his sleep cycle complains about two hours without a sim, once a week. That's a pretty tall mountain to cry down from.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #11
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm so sorry for getting bitchy when someone who has the entire sim cycle tailored to his sleep cycle complains about two hours without a sim, once a week. That's a pretty tall mountain to cry down from.
Believe me, I feel your pain. But we still get those AH steals from time to time.

Old 08-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
There´s no need to be so ugly Westheim just because someone voices an opinion you disagree with.
I live in Europe too but I don´t bitch about missing half the sims. I knew it would be like that when I signed up, and besides, it´s nice to have the last two sims with my morning coffee and then have the whole day to get guys off the AH while everyone in the US is sleeping.
Yeah, when I'm in Europe there's some nice bits. You wake up in the morning and get all your results from the day before. You have most of the day to troll the auction house and set up your team for the day. Yeah, you can't watch your team during the day, and the stretch run/playoffs are really annoying that you can't tweak things at the last minute.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #13
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Exactly, and I´m a school teacher so I have all summer to search out those good deals on the AH.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:27 PM   #14
Stick50
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Hey Raccoon guy.. lighten up, its a game.

And for the record... I miss half the sim cycle also (as i am at work) So i get about 8 sims a day (from 6pm to 10pm)...

It was merely a suggestion.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:47 AM   #15
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
Exactly, and I´m a school teacher so I have all summer to search out those good deals on the AH.
Same as me. During the summer I spent an ungodly number of hours on the game. I even installed it on my school laptop for an out of state teacher conference. I have since deleted it. Hah. I will never get the app because I don’t trust myself to have the discipline to avoid checking it repeatedly during recess and lunch.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:49 AM   #16
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Same as me. During the summer I spent an ungodly number of hours on the game. I even installed it on my school laptop for an out of state teacher conference. I have since deleted it. Hah. I will never get the app because I don’t trust myself to have the discipline to avoid checking it repeatedly during recess and lunch.
Holy smokes, yes, the app will be forbidden to me for sure as well. I can just imagine in school, "so kids, what do you think, does this 94 Plank have enough movement to offset the fact he´s lefthanded?" No, that is definitely the road to ruin.