Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:22 AM   #1
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Hack Wilson Throwing Arm?

1930 Hack Wilson OF - CF
19 arm 91 DEF 38
20 arm 45 DEF 18

Actual field stats 9 assists, 2 DP
That is pretty good
I dont get the new rating.

It tanks Hank Wilson from overall 88 in 19 to 80 in 20
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:33 AM   #2
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I have an idea - instead of creating a new thread every time you find a player with different ratings in 19 than 20, how about you just create one thread and put them all in there?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:48 AM   #3
justpatrick
Major Leagues

I agree, it would be much better to have everything centrally located in one thread, and that way no one would bitch to you about starting new threads so much. If you really want people to focus on your message then that would be the easy way to do it.

To the topic at hand, yeah, the ratings are different and aside from acknowledging that, what can you do? There have been many adjustments between the two versions and I imagine 21 will bring another round of them.

And regarding arm ratings, they are one of the most, if not the most, difficult defensive attributes to rate. Guys who have great arms get fewer assists because no one runs on them, while a guy who leads the league in DPs may have a popgun rather than a rifle. And then there´s the case of Chuck Klein, who threw out a lot of runners because of the short porch in RF at Baker Bowl and the fact the Phillies of that era always had lousy pitching, so lot´s more baserunners to throw out. I think his rating (somewhere in the upper 50s I believe) is a bit low, but not too much.

I think the best way to rate historical outfielders is to do research beyond the stats. There are many players who were renown for their arms that have had their cannons replaced by wet noodles in PT. As for Wilson, I have never read anything that suggested 91 was an accurate rating for him, so perhaps the 45 is a correction. I do think he wasn´t quite so awful in CF as the game suggests though.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #4
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
I have an idea - instead of creating a new thread every time you find a player with different ratings in 19 than 20, how about you just create one thread and put them all in there?
No. I have done analytics in this field and people 85% of the time will NOT pour through pages of a thread.

I guess you can put me on ignore.

Or there can be a folder with ratings where each post can be quickly scanned instead of a hodge podge of posts to wade through

Thanks for your input though!
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #5
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
No. I have done analytics in this field and people 85% of the time will NOT pour through pages of a thread.

I guess you can put me on ignore.

Or there can be a folder with ratings where each post can be quickly scanned instead of a hodge podge of posts to wade through

Thanks for your input though!
If they are interested in the topic, they will read. Even a dev was thankful of the idea you keep it in one thread.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:52 PM   #6
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Clicking on the button that takes you to the most recent post within the thread makes it easy to keep up with.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #7
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

They are correct though that most people will ignore it if its in one thread.

Not everyone understands how to utilize forums correctly, and of those that do, it is not necessarily the same understanding shared by others.

A lot of people complaining about fredbeene just want to yell at something. These forums are not so busy that this thread breaks it. It isn't a big deal. If you don't like it, ignore it or ignore them.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:02 PM   #8
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post

A lot of people complaining about fredbeene just want to yell at something. .
That is very true and very human. Like the changes in ratings, what can you do?

Old 08-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #9
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They are correct though that most people will ignore it if its in one thread.

Not everyone understands how to utilize forums correctly, and of those that do, it is not necessarily the same understanding shared by others.

A lot of people complaining about fredbeene just want to yell at something. These forums are not so busy that this thread breaks it. It isn't a big deal. If you don't like it, ignore it or ignore them.
Thing is, I’m not the first person to have told him to consolidate. Far from it. And I hope I’m the last, but I sadly doubt it.

There’s a point where it goes beyond ignorance of how the boards work and ventures into blatant attention seeking. The fact that the OP knows that most people will ignore his repetitive posts if they’re all in the same thread and all but admitted that is why he starts new topics pretty much confirms it.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #10
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Thing is, I’m not the first person to have told him to consolidate. Far from it. And I hope I’m the last, but I sadly doubt it.

There’s a point where it goes beyond ignorance of how the boards work and ventures into blatant attention seeking. The fact that the OP knows that most people will ignore his repetitive posts if they’re all in the same thread and all but admitted that is why he starts new topics pretty much confirms it.
So? Why do you care so much? If you don't like how he chooses to utilize the forums, then ignore him. Or continue to give him attention and keep his useless threads alive with your complaints, that works too.

If the devs and mods have an issue with how someone uses the forums, I trust them to take the necessary corrective actions. Why can't you trust them?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #11
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
If the devs and mods have an issue with how someone uses the forums, I trust them to take the necessary corrective actions. Why can't you trust them?
Not something that warrants corrective actions, but thanking a post where it is suggested gives insight into what they support.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It's better to keep things together to prevent cluttering the board. In this case, it's not like the previous questions about ratings are all that high up on the page, so it's a bit more excusable (previously when it was literally like 2-3 threads in a row that was a problem).

As for the original topic, as mentioned we revisited the historical arm and error ratings for players - previously too many historical players had super arms and horrible arm ratings. Things are more balanced overall now.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote