Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:26 AM   #1
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Season 19 (2037) General Discussion

And after last week's serial disappointments, here's a new season… with new disappointments!

All my teams remain in their league. The Raccoons tore about 25 packs last week after I actually managed to (for once) get lucky and pulled a couple of Corbins that then went do diamond for a bushel of PP. I opened nothing but garbage. No exceptions. Not one.

This week, the forum member to get first digs on the Coons' intestines will be mcdog. Same division. I think we'll go about 3-16. The first actual encounter won't be until tomorrow, though, and we play only six in the first half. I also see a Charlatan team in the other subleague, but I don't think we'll play.

Made a few subtle changes, most importantly dumping J.D. Martinez to bring back by PEAK Mel Ott, who will now platoon with Judge, with some overflow into LF (Soto) and DH (Wright). The pen remains crap, but it is crap for all my teams, so...

Nothing special about the Rebels. The Accountants however got into a rump league of only 22 teams and play in a 6-team division. That's gonna enhance their chances for sure. Ah, I'm sure they'll manage another wild card and a swift Sunday exit… The Accountants feature an almost entirely new infield compared to last week. Baez, Tony Fernandez, Ozzie Albies are all gone, replaced by Gregorius (who I think was on last week's Opening Roster but I moved stuff almost daily…), Crosby, and most notably, the second Red Schoendienst I picked up. This one wouldn't sell for 8k profit like the last one, so I kept it.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:48 AM   #2
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes crashed out of the playoffs in the first round, despite a strong division winning season. So not a huge amount of changes to make, frisch replaces grich at 2b, Furillo replaces Blackmon at DH, Freese comes in to platoon with Brett. Soroka won best pitcher with 25 wins and got better with todays update, no other changes to the pitching staff

Over at the Bad News Bulldogs we got promoted to Bronze but lost the championship series 4-2 despite being the best team by far all year, in comes Keith Hernandez for the other Keith Hernandez, Dave Concepcion for a full season at SS and Lloyd Moseby to platoon with Dave Henderson at CF. Giolito replaces Aaron Sele at SP

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

The Bees lost the semifinal and got promoted to Perfect League. I just acquired the gold Suzuki card. Teams look pretty evenly matched in new division - just one whale - so it will be interesting to see how the Bees do.

SenaTwins lost in the divisional round, so they stay in diamond.

Barnstormers finished above .500 in Perfect League last season but it looks like they are in a tough division...
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:20 AM   #4
Magus978
All Star Starter

The Brooklyn Dynasty's first Perfect League season has them in P425. Having reached this point without ever having a losing season, I think it might be safe to say that the streak of no losing seasons is going to end here.

I think we'll do well to avoid relegation and finish with around 75 wins.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:09 AM   #5
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Poor Verlander can't catch a break in PT. Pitched a gem in real life with no homers allowed in his only start last week and his movement ratings are falling even further

Preparing for my first season back in gold. I think I should be good enough to make a serious run at the playoffs but we'll see.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:42 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I should have been expected yesterday's quick playoff loss after all of the changes and shuffling that I did during the week. The dust has settled now with only a few real changes. Most of the regulars have returned to their familiar spots for another run at that PL title.

The primary change was to improve the 2B/SS defense in order to better support my mostly GB pitching staff. Honus Wagner moved from SS (where he is rated 95) to 2B (where he has now trained up to a max rating of 110). Lou Boudreau (rating 112) takes over for Wagner at SS with Joe Cronin (rating 113) also available there if Lou doesn't start hitting soon. Peak Jackie Robinson is gone, one of several bench players to be sold over the week in an effort to raise funds for another elite pitcher. The result of that effort was a weaker bench and no elite pitcher, but I am sitting on a boatload of points. I will be patient and hopefully the right deal will come along.

I still want to land an elite pitcher, add bullpen depth, improve the team speed, trade some power for contact, rebuild the bench, and improve my defense at the corners. Life would be boring without goals.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #7
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I had a perfect March with 3 walk-off wins, 2 in extras against a team I expect to be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:22 PM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I had a perfect March with 3 walk-off wins, 2 in extras against a team I expect to be in the hunt for a playoff spot.
It is always good to start like this. It's only three games but it just makes you feel like you are on the right track.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #9
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Rolling with some changes to my ballpark this year but keeping it very hitter friendly: .981 BA / 1.092 2B / 1.024 3B / 1.100 HR. Slightly dipped the BA and Triples but boosted Doubles a bit so we'll see how it goes.

Biggest changes are switching Mike Clevinger into the rotation for the #5 Spot while shuttling Noah Syndergaard into the bullpen in a middle relief role.

On the hitting side, I swapped out Bill Mazeroski into the reserve list for Robin Ventura at SS and have a platoon between Ronald Acuna Jr. vs RHP and Kris Bryant vs. LHP in LF.

Last edited by DawnBTVS; 07-29-2019 at 12:45 PM.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #10
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I should have been expected yesterday's quick playoff loss after all of the changes and shuffling that I did during the week. The dust has settled now with only a few real changes. Most of the regulars have returned to their familiar spots for another run at that PL title.

The primary change was to improve the 2B/SS defense in order to better support my mostly GB pitching staff. Honus Wagner moved from SS (where he is rated 95) to 2B (where he has now trained up to a max rating of 110). Lou Boudreau (rating 112) takes over for Wagner at SS with Joe Cronin (rating 113) also available there if Lou doesn't start hitting soon. Peak Jackie Robinson is gone, one of several bench players to be sold over the week in an effort to raise funds for another elite pitcher. The result of that effort was a weaker bench and no elite pitcher, but I am sitting on a boatload of points. I will be patient and hopefully the right deal will come along.

I still want to land an elite pitcher, add bullpen depth, improve the team speed, trade some power for contact, rebuild the bench, and improve my defense at the corners. Life would be boring without goals.
I like your changes... I also use Wagner as a 2B and 99 Jackie as SS... I'm going to try Collins at 3B over 99 Brett George and if it comes down to defense, I'll probably go full time Brook Robinson.

I highly recommend 99 Jackie, he will provide 100+ on 2B, 3B or SS.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:29 PM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
I like your changes... I also use Wagner as a 2B and 99 Jackie as SS... I'm going to try Collins at 3B over 99 Brett George and if it comes down to defense, I'll probably go full time Brook Robinson.

I highly recommend 99 Jackie, he will provide 100+ on 2B, 3B or SS.
I have 100 DiMaggio still on my wish list and I am adding 99 Jackie. Thanks and good luck to the Bombers this week.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:01 PM   #12
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are getting a taste of P403 this week.

Looking around the NC Central division, we have a pair of good teams (Perugia Warriors, Bad Boyz Black Panthers) and a couple of teams fresh out of diamond level (Gatineau Lynx, Niagara Thunder) where it's anyone's guess as to how they'll fare. But, no whales. It looks like Gatineau was already relegated from Perfect level once and made it back. I'd have to rate my Frogs as a cut above both Gatineau and Niagara, but a bit lower than Perugia and the Bad Boyz. It figures to be a pretty competitive 3-horse race when the dust settles (maybe only 2.5 horses if I'm unable to make another upgrade this week).

The odds-on favorite in the NC has started off slow at 7-7, but it would be a grave mistake to count out the ten-time PL champ Meuthen Silver Sox. Thankfully, this whale of a team isn't in my division because they'll likely win a minimum of 125 games considering the relatively weak division they're in.

The Kansas City Aces look to be the class of the AC, but after that there's no apparent pecking order. Unfortunately (and for the 2nd straight week), the best team in the opposite league is in the Central division so my Frogs will have to cross over and play them interleague style.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:08 PM   #13
neugey
All Star Reserve

I'm 14-2 to start the season in Diamond! This is the season I'd love my NFL Saints to have!!! I know they'll come back down to Earth at some point; I'm a $50 team not a whale. But it's good to be building come cushion now for those struggle periods during the season.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:53 PM   #14
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Mud Hens finally made it to perfect where they'll be lucky to survive one season. Currently they're 4-12 and I don't see much hope for them to do much better.

I did make 3 upgrades after the previous season ended. I added Hebner in CF to replace Dom DiMaggio. I also added Pesky to play SS for now (replacing Belanger), but he'll move over to 2B (replacing Mayo) after I get Boudreau. So I'll end up with elite defense still, but better hitters.

On the pitching side of things, I added 89 Eckersley replacing a pretty awful silver RP, so the bullpen is at least decent now, but the starting staff is very weak. 96 Gibson is my ace and it drops off a bit after him and he's not really perfect material. Last season in diamond, my pitchers allowed the fewest R, but that was largely due to having the #1 defense. Right now our ZR is 12th (after being #1 for most seasons) so that's not helping out our weak pitching any.

It also doesn't help that they're in a division with 3 pretty good teams, including my Raccoons. But I thought it would be fun to see them play each other and with some luck, maybe they'll even give the Raccoons a hard time. When they do play each other, I'll leave the rosters alone so as to not try and give either team an advantage (not that there's much I could do to give the Mud Hens an advantage).

As to the Raccoons, they're off to a good start in a league that has no whales in it. That's a 1st for them. In fact, the Raccoons are the team with the best all time win pct (another 1st), at .655, with no other team topping .600. However, the USC Trojans (in the other conference) are at least as strong if not stronger and there are others who've clearly improved in recent seasons so there will still be some good competition.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 07-29-2019 at 07:55 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:11 AM   #15
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

1st month done, been a mixed one.

Paragon City Heroes fresh off a playoff appearance have struggled to 14-13 start, the hitters have been great, the pitching has been terrible, specifically the starters, i know they are better than their current stats so I hope they start performing like I know they can

The newly promoted Bad News Bulldogs have kept up the pace of last season where they just missed out on a championship, The cream of the crop so far has been Reggie Sanders 8HR 29RBI, but I know how streaky he is and expect him to go through some slumps. the pitching has generally been solid, I ended up moving Giolito to closer due to his stamina being an issue in his first few starts and he is doing great there. Roy Oswalt fills his rotation spot

and over in the Iron League we have the newly created Grimleigh Fandangoes being powered by the bats of Sosa, Goldschmidt and Beltre, currently 19-8 top of the division but it looks like it will be a tough fight

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:56 AM   #16
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Apparently the schedule was regenerated between me going through my stuff yesterday and the actual start of the season, because now the Coons have already been whooped five outta six by the Fighting Saints.

Oh well, not that it makes a difference with anything…

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:42 AM   #17
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Apparently the schedule was regenerated between me going through my stuff yesterday and the actual start of the season, because now the Coons have already been whooped five outta six by the Fighting Saints.

Oh well, not that it makes a difference with anything…

Sorry, Saints are playing pretty well. The Cubbies in our division are pretty tough too but I did sweep them in some close games.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:47 AM   #18
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Where have all the relievers gone? Checked the AH all day yesterday and there were never more than 5ish diamonds available! I sold a 99 Eckersley for 100K and he's a 50-60K card
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #19
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Starting off the day with a no-hitter and making more PP in one game than all of yesterday!

Name:  young.PNG
Views: 186
Size:  38.7 KB

Old 07-30-2019, 10:32 AM   #20
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Not sure what's wrong with W. Johnson (100) after 6 starts 1-3 8.38 ERA. The team bailed him out after falling behind 8-0 in the last start.