Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #141
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Woo! Finished Harvey's Wallbangers

Now, the two reward players were high 70s historical Brewers, one of which makes my team. I spent 9k on a Rollie Fingers (89) to complete, but then he'll be a huge part of my bullpen forever basically, so I'm satisfied
Old 07-17-2019, 05:56 AM   #142
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I think this end-around strategy is actually really important to the underlying economy in a marketplace where supply and demand often don't match up. It provides another outlet that sellers have to compete against and think about before putting up Chien-Ming Wang at 20K for the nth time when I can buy Hong-Chih Kuo for 8K..
I'm nearly at this point, been checking for Wang for like 2 weeks now. Unfortunately the Kuo price is gradually going up as sellers have started to realise
Old 07-17-2019, 06:14 AM   #143
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Finished 'Japan (The Batters)' for 2012 Brewers RF Norichika Aoki though (great OF utility actually)
Old 07-17-2019, 11:33 AM   #144
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I gave in and just bought the Nick Markakis SE card. It was less that 5,500 PP, he takes over for Clank Blefary in RF, and I don't have to fill up on useless Oriole live cards that I will never, EVER, use. Even if I somehow get relegated all the way down to Iron while I'm on vacation.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #145
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Yeah, I gave in and just bought the Nick Markakis SE card. It was less that 5,500 PP, he takes over for Clank Blefary in RF, and I don't have to fill up on useless Oriole live cards that I will never, EVER, use. Even if I somehow get relegated all the way down to Iron while I'm on vacation.
I already had the LIVE Orioles filled up before Collections started, as I was anticipating it. Also had the LIVE Rangers done. Little did I know that the reward for the Orioles would be better than the Rangers... despite the latter being a winning team with higher value cards! Got a couple seasons out of Markakis.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:23 AM   #146
HFBL
Minors (Double A)

When do we get new collection missions?

I have all the "Live" collection missions completed except for the Cubs (42/45), Astros (35/38), Angels (45/47), Brewers (38/40), Athletics (36/38), and Nationals (34/42). I finished all the foreign player missions except for Players from Taiwan (4/5). I've completed a total of 57 missions with 49 to go.

Field of Dreams Baseball League (FDBL)
Hall of Fame Baseball League (HFBL)
Century Baseball League (CBL)

My teams:

My wife's teams:

HFBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #147
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFBL View Post
When do we get new collection missions?
Monday... but we don't know how many.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #148
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Finished the Reds missions a couple days ago. Didn't have amazing luck with the diamond packs, but I pulled Nomar Garciaparra (91) and Dennis Eckersley (99). The latter sold for above 60k and has recouped most of my investment. Votto and Pinson both make my team as well. Votto as starting 1B, Pinson as my LF before I got Davis (4 WAR in his first season in Perfect), now he's my backup fielder and top bench bat vs RHP.

Thought about selling Eric Davis (seems to be going for about 60k as well), as that would have given me an actual profit for the collection, but I decided to use him because my team is trash and he's been pretty good so far.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  134.3 KB
Old 07-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #149
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

My first full season with ED (in Diamond Our League) he was a 30-30 man. If this keeps up, he'll recoup the investment I paid just in points he generates.

Along with him, I've got Votto as my starting 1B (replacing himself, the 80 OVR All-Star version) and Pinson manning RF (replacing 90 OVR Dave Parker). I also pulled 97 OVR Aroldis with the diamond pack that I got for Pinson, and 97 OVR Joe Morgan with another one of the diamond packs. Oh, and 96 OVR Roger Clemens with the OTHER diamond pack. He's not a Red, but he was born in Dayton, so he gets to play.

So yeah, I had pretty good luck with my diamond packs. All four diamonds that I pulled (yeah, you read that right - four - one of the packs was a double diamond) were historical, and three of the four went straight into my team. Not to mention that the Chapman that I got for completing the Pinson collection was the last card I needed to complete the last collection, thus immediately earning me Eric Davis.

And I got promoted to Diamond three days later.

Sorry if this seems like bragging. It's just that rarely does things like this fall into place for me.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #150
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I find myself increasingly concerned about how the trade deadline will affect certain Live collections.

For example, the Blue Jays have a very nice reward which is in line with their 5 Star difficulty. However, will this reward still be warranted if and when they trade Ken Giles and Marcus Stroman? Or will this reward be adjusted down as such players are traded away?

Similarly, some buyers may make their collections more difficult to complete. If the Twins land some additional talent, their lackluster reward may be further diminished.

Can collection rewards change?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #151
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I find myself increasingly concerned about how the trade deadline will affect certain Live collections.

For example, the Blue Jays have a very nice reward which is in line with their 5 Star difficulty. However, will this reward still be warranted if and when they trade Ken Giles and Marcus Stroman? Or will this reward be adjusted down as such players are traded away?

Similarly, some buyers may make their collections more difficult to complete. If the Twins land some additional talent, their lackluster reward may be further diminished.

Can collection rewards change?
Yeah that's why next year the Opening Day rosters should be the fixed LIVE Collections. Any new players called-up can be grouped into an MLB-wide Collection monthly or something like that.

I bought most of the Blue Jays before Collections started. When it launched I figured the reward wasn't worth getting Giles and Vlad Jr. Hopefully Giles gets traded and Vlad Jr. drops to Gold, then I'll complete it.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:30 PM   #152
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Twins Live are ALL the guys with the Twins, no matter whether they started their season in Texas, Tucson, or Tahiti.

Then again, I have always been a fan of the concept of words actually meaning something…

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #153
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Twins Live are ALL the guys with the Twins, no matter whether they started their season in Texas, Tucson, or Tahiti.

Then again, I have always been a fan of the concept of words actually meaning something…
If this principle were true, Edwin Encarnacion would still be required to complete the Live Mariners mission.

Primary Team

Old 07-18-2019, 05:57 PM   #154
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
If this principle were true, Edwin Encarnacion would still be required to complete the Live Mariners mission.
There is a Yankees logo on his card, so he should count toward the Live Yankees mission.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #155
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
There is a Yankees logo on his card, so he should count toward the Live Yankees mission.
I agree, but he still started the season as a Mariner. His picture still features him in a Mariners uniform.

If you prefer a more recent example, I know for a fact that Homer Bailey was an active component of the Royals Live mission prior to his trade. I completed this mission last night, and my Homer Bailey is not locked as it was no longer required. He is now part of the Oakland Live mission, which is appropriate as this is now his team. It does, however, increase the requirements of the Live Oakland mission.

For lower rated cards, this isn't necessarily a significant issue. As we see higher rated cards change teams, it will become significant.

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 07-18-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:30 PM   #156
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Finished out the LIVE A's collection to get the 94 Eddie Plank. I think I'm done with the missions again for a little while because the only other obtainable SE card that I might actually use is probably the Vada Pinson. Problem is that mission appears to be pretty rough with a bunch of overpriced, historical Reds players needed. And the Pinson only goes for 13-14K so it would be better to buy him outright.

I ended up shelling out 21,777 PP for the entire LIVE A's collection (16K for Matt Chapman and ~2K for Brian Schlitter...and yes I hate myself for paying that much for Brian Schlitter). The Eddie Plank card has been going for 22-23K in the AH so overall, it seems like a pretty neutral move. Or that I basically paid 22K to get an unused version of the Plank card. I can live with that. I'm not sure whether Plank will go into the rotation or the bullpen, but he'll get some use for sure.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 07-19-2019 at 04:31 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:28 PM   #157
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I need Scott Erickson and Marty Cordova...anyone selling?

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:46 PM   #158
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Finished out the LIVE A's collection to get the 94 Eddie Plank. I think I'm done with the missions again for a little while because the only other obtainable SE card that I might actually use is probably the Vada Pinson. Problem is that mission appears to be pretty rough with a bunch of overpriced, historical Reds players needed. And the Pinson only goes for 13-14K so it would be better to buy him outright.
Unless you are a sucker for the journey of competing a mission, I highly recommend you just buy the SE out right. I shelled out 6.8k(AVG price is 8K) for SE Hideki Matsui this week. Certainly not a competitive card by any mean, I just want to give it a chance for fun. Anyway, I looked at the missions to get it and I estimated I would need to shell out above 15K to complete the two missions and that is for my team that already have some Japanese players before collection mission.

Same could be said for Taiwan mission. Wang regularly goes for 7-9K BIN when the SE is hovering at a consistent 8.8k. I really appreciate the SE being auction-able.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:52 AM   #159
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
I need Scott Erickson and Marty Cordova...anyone selling?
If you bid on the Scott Erickson that was selling today, I was the one that went over the top to get it. And Johan is great!! Though my Diamond pack was trash, but that's the way the world works

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:09 AM   #160
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
If you bid on the Scott Erickson that was selling today, I was the one that went over the top to get it. And Johan is great!! Though my Diamond pack was trash, but that's the way the world works
No, I didn't get it down to those two until later. Neither one was up for auction at the time. I did get the Cordova this morning though. Can't wait to get my hands on that Johan!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote