Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

Add-ons Central help?

Can someone give me the address(es) or link(s) that need to be entered in add-ons central to bring up the servers? The previous web page address I had for OOTP Mods is apparently unavailable now? Anyway, not having any luck looking through the various forums in search of what needs to be entered.

Would really appreciate the help so I can further enjoy XX.

Thanks!
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:19 PM   #2
BleedBlue
Minors (Single A)

http://ootpmods.com/mods/ootpmods18.xml

Haven't tried it and it's from OOTP18 so hope it works for you
BleedBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:28 PM   #3
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

That did bring up a long list. Thanks much!

Now, does anyone know if this 2018 list is the most recent or updated? And is the 2016 All-in-One that is showing on this list the most recent All-in-One?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #4
Chomps
Major Leagues

Why is Add-Ons Central always an issue every year?

Why can't OOTP provide a proper Server URL, and populate it with accurate Mods for release day? I am so tired of having to deal with this crap every year.

Finding, downloading, and installing Mods should be an easy and pain-free experience for your customers.

And the annual question....will there be an All-In-One-Mod?
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:58 PM   #5
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post

Why can't OOTP provide a proper Server URL, and populate it with accurate Mods for release day? I am so tired of having to deal with this crap every year.

Finding, downloading, and installing Mods should be an easy and pain-free experience for your customers.

This'll surely sound pretty selfish, but I do hope the modding community comes back together soon. After picking up OOTP 19 after a bit of a break, it wasn't the community I remembered. Add-Ons Central seems to require some fiddling... us Steam users can't use Add-Ons Central at all... its substitute, the Steam Workshop, is a barren wasteland... and I haven't seen a working All-in-One mod in years. For the second year in a row, I'm having to scavenge for any somewhat up-to-date logos, jerseys, caps, etc. I can find laying around

Last edited by Stinson; 03-22-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:04 PM   #6
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

As someone who occasionally paces in front of the microwave even at my late age, I do recall vividly that those motions, those now-perceived as inconveniences, are what built OOTP "back in the day." Securing your personal namesets, updating the Catobase, oh the list was long, but we did it every year and watched the steps one-by-one disappear. But here I go ruminating about histories. Yes, I agree. The central housing mod area has been lacking for some time. It is a void of sorts, but many of the files we used to go looking for are now out-of-the-box and for a lot of us, it's been too easy to take for granted.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #7
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
As someone who occasionally paces in front of the microwave even at my late age, I do recall vividly that those motions, those now-perceived as inconveniences, are what built OOTP "back in the day." Securing your personal namesets, updating the Catobase, oh the list was long, but we did it every year and watched the steps one-by-one disappear. But here I go ruminating about histories. Yes, I agree. The central housing mod area has been lacking for some time. It is a void of sorts, but many of the files we used to go looking for are now out-of-the-box and for a lot of us, it's been too easy to take for granted.
That’s right. Back in the day with OOTP we had to make the effort ourselves to find and install custom mods. Many of us did not see this as inconvenience, but an opportunity to make a great game even greater.

Many of those customs mods from back in the day, have been implemented into the game by the developers and are available right out of the box. I for one, certainly appreciate this myself.

I think my age is starting to show around here on these boards.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson

Last edited by ashantewarrier; 03-23-2019 at 12:07 AM.
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #8
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
That’s right. Back in the day with OOTP we had to make the effort ourselves to find and install custom mods. Many of us did not see this as inconvenience, but an opportunity to make a great game even greater.

Many of those customs mods from back in the day, have been implemented into the game by the developers and are available right out of the box. I for one, certainly appreciate this myself.

I think my age is starting to show around here on these boards.
Likewise on all of this. And, I can't understate how much I learned about getting around a CPU just from learning to install mods and "fiddling" with a lot of OOTP things. Really a testament to the community, because of the various instructions, direction and creativity. The early days were a great experience.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:26 PM   #9
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone shuffle View Post
Likewise on all of this. And, I can't understate how much I learned about getting around a CPU just from learning to install mods and "fiddling" with a lot of OOTP things. Really a testament to the community, because of the various instructions, direction and creativity. The early days were a great experience.
That's actually part of my problem, however, and one I believe other OOTP users face - I'm just not particularly tech savvy. As a 60+ guy who has rudimentary knowledge and skills with computers and the like, I sometimes try to follow instructions of some of the mods to implement some really cool stuff they have - and find myself thoroughly confused and frustrated.

It would just be so nice if all the mods and their stuff could be centralized and the processes to implement things could be simplified and standardized so basically anyone could use them. Right now there are just a lot of really terrific mods who have put in a lot of time to create really cool additions to OOTP, and a whole lot of users who don't understand where things are located or how to implement many of them.

It's a damn shame.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #10
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsusedtorule View Post
That's actually part of my problem, however, and one I believe other OOTP users face - I'm just not particularly tech savvy. As a 60+ guy who has rudimentary knowledge and skills with computers and the like, I sometimes try to follow instructions of some of the mods to implement some really cool stuff they have - and find myself thoroughly confused and frustrated.

It would just be so nice if all the mods and their stuff could be centralized and the processes to implement things could be simplified and standardized so basically anyone could use them. Right now there are just a lot of really terrific mods who have put in a lot of time to create really cool additions to OOTP, and a whole lot of users who don't understand where things are located or how to implement many of them.

It's a damn shame.
I'm with this guy. There are so many cool mods. I use a MacBook Pro and I have trouble getting mods like player photos and historic stadiums to load in the game.

I did it successfully for version 17 or 18, with plenty of guidance from the community. But I've since forgotten how. Somebody needs to write some clear step-by-step instructions and then pin it on the forums so we can find it more easily.

Please?
webrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:08 PM   #11
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

As someone who actually saw Hank Aaron and Willie Mays play, I'm up there in years too, and not very computer savy. I remember a few years ago I was able to go to the mods page, click on the mod I wanted (usually oldtime ballparks), click run and it would load into the game and be there when I wanted it. It was simple. The last few years it took several steps. If I do download something I can't find it on my computer, or if I do find I have no idea how to get into the game. Above all else I don't want to screw up my computer.
Before people start telling how dumb I am, most of my life we didn't have computers, so I actually played baseball on a field (not a video game) and I know how to talk to a woman. Although looking back maybe that's not such a good thing. (I'm referring to talking to women, playing baseball was great).
Greenbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:50 PM   #12
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank God I already have the MOD I need: logo/ jersey/ ballcap (beginning in 1871 major league and most minor), the real schedules (pre 1901), baseball card (1871 to 2014) and the FG I did through the years that I move from version to version.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:55 PM   #13
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
That’s right. Back in the day with OOTP we had to make the effort ourselves to find and install custom mods
This is why the Padresfan (if I remember correctly) website was so usefull, I always used MODs I got from his website many years ago

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote