Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #21
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

This issue keeps re-appearing because some folks want their original investment to last forever. OOTP has always been a "planned obsolescence" game with new versions coming out each year. If longevity was part of the plan, we'd all still be playing OOTP 3.

Each version brings forth new detail and better performance. Would anyone care to defend still using OOTP 18 even?

Each new version always has, and will continue to move players to the new features. I was in online leagues for years, and moving on with new versions was usually required.

The only new variable currently is there is more money left behind. It use to be the $40 a year - now it will also include whatever is spent in points.

Expecting people to stay behind to protect your past investment simply isn't realistic.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #22
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Hence with much fewer buyers I would assume prices drop. I know cards would be more rare which should push prices up but if nobody spending money then you won't be selling your card and you won't be getting ANY PP for it.

At that point the seller either keeps the card and uses it or drops his price to get some cash for buying what he actually wants.
I'm expecting prices to either remain the same or for there to be a rise in price. Yes there are fewer buyers, but I think there will be at least the same amount or larger drop in cards available. If the whales are not opening 100's of packs, the only players there will be the few packs the remaining people open or the players they no longer want or the players they sell to fund the purchase of another player. So it's possible that the non-2018 cards go up in price due to the rarity of them being sold.

There are others who agree with you, so it will be interesting to see what happens. In the end, the two competing theories may wash each other out and the prices remain the same.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #23
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
Actually your body absorbed all kinds of nutrients and depending on what you ate, contributed to either good health or addition of cholesterol. So that 30$ did leave you with something to show for.
… and the money spent on PT19 leaves those who did with the fun and memories of enjoying the game the way they chose to enjoy it. So they got something as well.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #24
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

TBH, I've spent a few hundred on 19 PT. I've essentially made the cost of OOTP 19 ~$400-$500. I'm not spending that every year for OOTP. I think at best, I'll skip 20 and maybe pick up 21 and make 19 ftp once 20 rolls out and people migrate out.

At least for me, that kind of expenditure isn't sustainable year over year. I don't think I'm alone in that boat.

But that's me recognizing my situation and setting restrictions on myself. It doesn't really matter to me how others spend, when they spend, where they play, or how OOTP runs its business.
taz20075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #25
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I really think part of it is thinking "buying" your team is the only way to be successful in PT. It's not - unless your hell-bent on winning the Perfect Level leagues.

Personal experience; I've got about $60 in my team I started 6 weeks ago. I'm currently in Gold with a chance to get into Diamond next week. Sure; I've pulled a couple fantastic cards and if not for them, I might still be in Silver - but I am positive there are a number of folks here who have made it to Perfect with little more than I have spent or even less.

I don't disagree with you, certainly. I couldn't sustain (or wouldn't want to) $500 a year in this game either. But as I said in another post, winning at Perfect Level isn't the only way to enjoy this game.

If the past version actually does run for 12 months beyond the new version's release, then I suspect many players will skip every other version in order to get 2 years out of their investment.

Me; I'd rather move up each version and limit my budget.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:53 PM   #26
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

The logical fallacy here as it applies specifically to OOTP 20 is that PT will include WAY more features than 19. If people skip 20, they miss the introduction of tournaments, collections, and a ton more. I intend to purchase 20, but based on my histories with other periodic and annual games, it is unlikely I will purchase 21.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return to my French colonies on the northern coast of South America in Sid Meier's Colonization. Thank God for DOS emulators, since the Windows 3.1 release of this game from 1994 was SUPER buggy.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #27
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

success can be whatever you want it to be. it's just a video game and there is more than one way to have fun with it. I started very late, but why should I even care whats happening in perfect leagues? Im not trying to prove anything to anyone

the 40 bucks or whatever for the base game every year is a no brainer and probably the best entertainment value per dollar I get. extra money put into PT all depends

Last edited by dkgo; 03-08-2019 at 12:56 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #28
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz20075 View Post
TBH, I've spent a few hundred on 19 PT. I've essentially made the cost of OOTP 19 ~$400-$500. I'm not spending that every year for OOTP. I think at best, I'll skip 20 and maybe pick up 21 and make 19 ftp once 20 rolls out and people migrate out.

At least for me, that kind of expenditure isn't sustainable year over year. I don't think I'm alone in that boat.

But that's me recognizing my situation and setting restrictions on myself. It doesn't really matter to me how others spend, when they spend, where they play, or how OOTP runs its business.

That's EXACTLY what I did and while I probably wouldn't go broke I'm going to try and cut back on 20 and see where it leads me. I'll probably throw in $50 though for sure.

Knowing me, alot more as the year goes on - lol....
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote