Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #201
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

Another point, in a currency system that has a theoretically unlimited supply of points, have you considered the problem of inflation? Seems to me that when I took Economics in college, I learned that an increase in the money supply leads directly to a reduction in one unit's value. Taken to its extreme, it could result in a player's being unable to buy so much as a replacement level player for all the points he's earned. At that point the game will be broken, unless you have a plan to deal with that.
Len1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #202
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifkiatry View Post
why are these teams still in my league?

they obviously paid to play. and the rosters they have now are virtually the same rosters they had when the entry pool league started. no s*h*i*t, before the first game

why am i, or anyone for that matter, in a league with this horses*h*i*t?
what is the purpose of the entry pool league?????????

i understand the promotion/relegation concept. its great. i understand the whole pay to play concept. its terrible. this is not a clever way to get customers to spend $ so they can compete with these idiots spending $

pretty simple solution. separate those who pay to play and those who do not. stick them all in the same league ffs. its not rocket science.

good luck.
There's another much easier solution. Just wait til next week and they'll be promoted and you'll be left in a much weaker league. My team is 1-11 with a diamond, 3 golds, and 8 silvers. Not crying about it. The good news is that you can enjoy improving your team for a lot longer than they will. I have to imagine that it's really boring when all that is left to upgrade is replacing a Mookie Betts with a Babe Ruth.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:43 PM   #203
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The purpose of the entry pool is to let teams play games before the league starts. Then with league play starting now, teams will naturally separate over time based on talent levels. Yes, it's unfortunate that it will take a few weeks to sort out, but soon you'll be matched up with teams of your talent level.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #204
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifkiatry View Post
why am i, or anyone for that matter, in a league with this horses*h*i*t?
what is the purpose of the entry pool league?????????
The purpose of the Entry Pool is to hold teams until a new season starts, because there's no way to put them into a league in the middle of a season. That's it.

Obviously the first week (and possibly 2 or 3) is going to be unbalanced. There was a suggestion a few days ago about immediately seeding players based on their Entry Pool standings, but that was shot down due to being implemented too late in the process. So we might see that in the future. Right now, though, chill. You'll only have to deal with that team for a season or two unless you're lucky enough to hang. Things will balance themselves out.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #205
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len1950 View Post
Another point, in a currency system that has a theoretically unlimited supply of points, have you considered the problem of inflation? Seems to me that when I took Economics in college, I learned that an increase in the money supply leads directly to a reduction in one unit's value. Taken to its extreme, it could result in a player's being unable to buy so much as a replacement level player for all the points he's earned. At that point the game will be broken, unless you have a plan to deal with that.
We've actually seen the opposite through the Beta period. Prices start high and then come down low. Reason being, while the currency is unlimited, so is the product (the cards, in this case). There isn't a set number of Mookie Betts cards out there; technically anyone has the same chance to pull one out of a pack. So as more and more of those cards enter the league, their value is going to decrease, not increase.

Either way, I'm sure the dev team's monitoring this kind of stuff, and if something gets too far out of whack, they'll look into potential fixes.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #206
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
So as more and more of those cards enter the league, the value is going to decrease, not increase.
I'm glad this is being thought about. Maybe it's not so important anyway. If I understand correctly, the ratings of the "live" players will start moving up or down when real-life baseball resumes, depending on how they play in 2019? (I hope this is true.) Then you have to think about what your cards will be worth in the future, which brings skill back into the game, figuring out which prospects to invest in, which aging superstars to sell high on.

The development crew have shown themselves to be bright guys, so I'm hopeful they'll keep this economy they've created in order. (Then they can go on and solve the world economy, which should seem by then a relatively simply task!)
Len1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:49 PM   #207
jda
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len1950 View Post
I'm glad this is being thought about. Maybe it's not so important anyway. If I understand correctly, the ratings of the "live" players will start moving up or down when real-life baseball resumes, depending on how they play in 2019? (I hope this is true.) Then you have to think about what your cards will be worth in the future, which brings skill back into the game, figuring out which prospects to invest in, which aging superstars to sell high on.

Unfortunately this is only true for the year in question. OOTP19 uses 2018 stats so all the Live cards are static from here forward. OOTP20 Live cards will (I think) be dynamic only through the end of the 2019 season. Someone will certainly correct me if I got it wrong.
jda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:11 AM   #208
Asov
Minors (Single A)

I have a suggestion for a future PT that in my eyes will improve the game and put to rest the number one critic/issue, whales, ptw, etc.

Limit the "basic" active roster to a number of players per type.

Example: 1 Perfect, 1 Diamond, 2 Golds, 3 Silvers and 6 Bronzes.

And implement a progressive system to improve this numbers, like a clubs reputation, just like PPs are being rewarded for actions on the field you can reward reputation for wins, playoffs, league titles, tournament titles, etc.

Once you level up your reputation you can incorporate more "big" players on your active roster.

I think a system like that or similar could improve the game for everybody, even whales.
Asov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #209
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asov View Post
I have a suggestion for a future PT that in my eyes will improve the game and put to rest the number one critic/issue, whales, ptw, etc.

And implement a progressive system to improve this numbers, like a clubs reputation, just like PPs are being rewarded for actions on the field you can reward reputation for wins, playoffs, league titles, tournament titles, etc.

Once you level up your reputation you can incorporate more "big" players on your active roster.

I think a system like that or similar could improve the game for everybody, even whales.

They said a million times something like that will not happen, so your best hope is that they do that in the form of a tournament starting in OOTP20.

Or maybe wait several years. Companies are always hard on their stances initially about game modes or certain concepts and all swear there will never be a change about the structure...until it's proven there is a better way or business model to do what they are trying to do and generate a bigger bottom line. Then they call it "evolving the game for better balance".
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #210
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
They said a million times something like that will not happen, so your best hope is that they do that in the form of a tournament starting in OOTP20.

Or maybe wait several years. Companies are always hard on their stances initially about game modes or certain concepts and all swear there will never be a change about the structure...until it's proven there is a better way or business model to do what they are trying to do and generate a bigger bottom line. Then they call it "evolving the game for better balance".
They said they never split between paid and free to play, wich i would agree, i didn't read a reply rejecting something like this...

Last edited by Asov; 12-04-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:46 AM   #211
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They said they never split between paid and free to play, wich i would agree, i didn't read a reply rejecting something like this...
This is limiting "pay", which they have also said they would never do. Nor should they, because that would restrict their own revenue thus shooting themselves in the wallet.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #212
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
This is limiting "pay", which they have also said they would never do. Nor should they, because that would restrict their own revenue thus shooting themselves in the wallet.
I dont think that this will reduce pack purchases, maybe this will extend the period in wich packs are purchased, but its debatable, and not my concern.

Also, you could still play tournaments with an unlimited roster, like its suggested to FTP players right now.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #213
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I could see the potential of a system similar to the EPL, where players have a 'relegation clause' in their contracts... so perfect/diamond players refuse to play in a bronze level league (and are stuck on the reserves until the team is promoted higher); but something like that would have to wait until all the levels were filled and the leagues balanced out a bit...

of course, that being said, I'd also find it annoying/frustrating if I managed to win the pack lottery and pulled a bunch of perfect/diamond players out for my bottom-feeder team and not be able to benefit from their talents just because my team has been the bronze level punching bag for years....

my 2 cents on it all... let it play out as designed... it's going to take a little time to see how things work... if there's a glaring problem with balance/etc, that can be addressed... otherwise no sense trying to re-invent the wheel before we've given it time to roll.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #214
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dont think that this will reduce pack purchases, maybe this will extend the period in wich packs are purchased, but its debatable, and not my concern.
People invest real money in points to buy diamonds and perfects in the AH.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #215
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I could see the potential of a system similar to the EPL, where players have a 'relegation clause' in their contracts... so perfect/diamond players refuse to play in a bronze level league (and are stuck on the reserves until the team is promoted higher); but something like that would have to wait until all the levels were filled and the leagues balanced out a bit...

of course, that being said, I'd also find it annoying/frustrating if I managed to win the pack lottery and pulled a bunch of perfect/diamond players out for my bottom-feeder team and not be able to benefit from their talents just because my team has been the bronze level punching bag for years....

my 2 cents on it all... let it play out as designed... it's going to take a little time to see how things work... if there's a glaring problem with balance/etc, that can be addressed... otherwise no sense trying to re-invent the wheel before we've given it time to roll.
The system that i proposed doesnt have this problems, and im sure you can find a better one.

Its a suggestions thread, let me say what i think, im not pointing a gun to anyone or bashing the game, wich i love.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #216
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
People invest real money in points to buy diamonds and perfects in the AH.
I dont love that you can buy players directly (without packs), but what about it? People will buy other type of players (bronze, silver, gold), incresing value of anything below platinum (a good thing). And will buy players when they have room in their roster for better players.

And with time and good results they could form the "perfect team". Seems like a fun game to me.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #217
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, the only faction that will profit from this are the hardcore free-to-play complainers, while OOTPD would easily see its revenue reduced by ... at least 50%. Which is the reason that this will NEVER, EVER happen, nor should it ever happen.

I am very understanding where people are not going to put down money because they can't, or because they won't on principle. But I am also a tax accountant dealing with companies making terrible decisions every single day. For OOTPD, artificially restricting the money flow would be the most terrible decision to make.

Like it or not. The increased income will help to make OOTP better in the future. Games like these are potential gold mines. Who ever blew up their own gold mine? The only thing separating OOTPD from suffocating in money now is an MLB Player tweeting out how he drew himself (Diamond or above, please) in Perfect Team.

Can you even IMAGINE the amount of money that would generate? And they should forfeit that? You can't be serious. But you might actually be one of my clients.....

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:51 AM   #218
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
The only thing separating OOTPD from suffocating in money now is an MLB Player tweeting out how he drew himself (Diamond or above, please) in Perfect Team.
We'll have something like this in the coming weeks, stay tuned
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #219
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
No, the only faction that will profit from this are the hardcore free-to-play complainers, while OOTPD would easily see its revenue reduced by ... at least 50%. Which is the reason that this will NEVER, EVER happen, nor should it ever happen.

I am very understanding where people are not going to put down money because they can't, or because they won't on principle. But I am also a tax accountant dealing with companies making terrible decisions every single day. For OOTPD, artificially restricting the money flow would be the most terrible decision to make.

Like it or not. The increased income will help to make OOTP better in the future. Games like these are potential gold mines. Who ever blew up their own gold mine? The only thing separating OOTPD from suffocating in money now is an MLB Player tweeting out how he drew himself (Diamond or above, please) in Perfect Team.

Can you even IMAGINE the amount of money that would generate? And they should forfeit that? You can't be serious. But you might actually be one of my clients.....
Thats debatable. People will still open packs/pay directly to get the better bronzes/silver/golds. And a week later when they have new spots for better players they will repeat the process. I see a game with a longer curve of life with this kind of system. But again, its debatable.

Last edited by Asov; 12-04-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:12 AM   #220
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

On the Auction Page, please consider adding a check box to only show players that i can buy now.

i've tried using the Only Show Player I Can Afford check box in conjunction to the sort by By Now value option. But, because a player can be listed with a starting bid of 500 PP and a buy now price of 50,000 PP, i still have to skip thru 16 pages to get to a player that i can actually buy with my 600 PP. That is sorting in descending order. When i try to sort in ascending order, i have to go thru all of the players that don't have a buy now price.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE

Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-04-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote