Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-08-2018, 05:05 AM   #41
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
A legitimate concern. However, with the volatility of baseball in general, not to mention the clear effect management has on PT just from what we've seen in the Beta, the chance that the talent level will be such an enormous gap that you're going to get promoted and be immediately smacked back down is slim to none. I'm sure it will happen from time to time, but it shouldn't be a pressing issue. If you're good enough to get that high, you should be good enough to hang.
This In fact, I expect some folks who spend tons of money end up in AA or AAA and complaining their team sucks or the engine is rigged or some other BS...

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-08-2018 at 05:06 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:43 AM   #42
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This In fact, I expect some folks who spend tons of money end up in AA or AAA and complaining their team sucks or the engine is rigged or some other BS...
This.

As someone who has lots of experience playing card collecting modes, there is always the human element. Stacking your team doesn't help much if you don't have proper strategies set, a good line-up, balance, etc. While having top-tier cards certainly gives a user a good starting base, its not everything. At the end of the day, you still need to be able to manage to succeed

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #43
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
That's only half of it. Wait til you get the elaborate conspiracy theories saying you guys have "programmed different levels of pack luck" onto accounts for a bunch of different reasons. Or my favourite - the theory that its useless to open packs at xx.xx - yy.yy because at yy.yy the "perfect from packs counter reset" so only open packs during yy.yy - zz.zz or wait til next day

Edit: And then it of course gets "confirmed" since 5 users got their perfects only opening packs during those hours, completely disregarding the fact that it wasnt possible for them to get perfects at any other times since they only open the packs at their specific time in the first place.

Last edited by Ile; 11-08-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #44
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post
That's only half of it. Wait til you get the elaborate conspiracy theories saying you guys have "programmed different levels of pack luck" onto accounts for a bunch of different reasons. Or my favourite - the theory that its useless to open packs at xx.xx - yy.yy because at yy.yy the "perfect from packs counter reset" so only open packs during yy.yy - zz.zz or wait til next day

Edit: And then it of course gets "confirmed" since 5 users got their perfects only opening packs during those hours, completely disregarding the fact that it wasnt possible for them to get perfects at any other times since they only open the packs at their specific time in the first place.
Oh boy... I'll have to open a subforum called "Conspiracy Theories". That should be a fun read.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #45
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh boy... I'll have to open a subforum called "Conspiracy Theories". That should be a fun read.
Well now you've promised and I will be disappointed if this doesn't happen. You could also lump all the "the AI cheats" and "simming gives different results than playing the games out" people into there too.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:22 AM   #46
mondokoko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Suggestion: how about setting up financial tiers of leagues with financial caps for buying PP. That way, those who want to spend megabucks on PP can compete with others who want to do the same. Other "budget" tiers can limit how many PP one can buy in a season -- allowing those of us with less deep pockets to still be competitive.
mondokoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:03 AM   #47
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondokoko View Post
Suggestion: how about setting up financial tiers of leagues with financial caps for buying PP. That way, those who want to spend megabucks on PP can compete with others who want to do the same. Other "budget" tiers can limit how many PP one can buy in a season -- allowing those of us with less deep pockets to still be competitive.
No, Perfect Team will always remain one single baseball universe without restrictions. Like mentioned a few times already, our promotion & relegation system will automatically make sure you are competing against teams of similar strength & skill.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:44 AM   #48
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, Perfect Team will always remain one single baseball universe without restrictions. Like mentioned a few times already, our promotion & relegation system will automatically make sure you are competing against teams of similar strength & skill.

It might just be me but once I reached the top I want to stay there, going to a lower level will make me lose interest.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #49
Galeg
Major Leagues

Quote:

That's disappointing. Within a few seasons I think most everyone will have great cards. I think challenge leagues of some kind would add some spice to the mode. Not to mention that half of the cards in the game will be pointless shortly after release.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:59 AM   #50
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
That's disappointing. Within a few seasons I think most everyone will have great cards. I think challenge leagues of some kind would add some spice to the mode. Not to mention that half of the cards in the game will be pointless shortly after release.
They've already talked about themed tournaments, though it wouldn't be until OOTP20.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #51
Galeg
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
They've already talked about themed tournaments, though it wouldn't be until OOTP20.

Good to know. Probably a good idea to perfect your original mode first. I haven't read up on future plans, I was just going by the quote.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #52
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Not everyone. I still only have one gold as my highest card. My team is leading the division by one game but they do not generate a lot of Perfect Points.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #53
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Good to know. Probably a good idea to perfect your original mode first. I haven't read up on future plans, I was just going by the quote.
We definitely have plans to add different ways to enjoy the mode (challenges, events, tournaments, head-2-head against friends), but we need to make sure PT works the way it needs to before adding this stuff.

This is literally just the beginning, there are so many ideas

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #54
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Not everyone. I still only have one gold as my highest card. My team is leading the division by one game but they do not generate a lot of Perfect Points.
I have two golds myself, my team is clawing desperately at the .500 mark that appears just out of our reach, and yet I'm earning PP at a decent rate.

Continuing to prove that the results in this game are unpredictable and do not hinge on what you've spent/acquired.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #55
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I had a diamond player, well pitcher and my team sucked. I sold him and bought wisely and was rewarded with a team that is playing great. Loads of silvers and just pulled a 86 Cain for the outfield though he is off to a rocky start
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:45 AM   #56
DTFinch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For what it's worth, I don't think I'll be playing Perfect Team as I just think allowing players to purchase points defeats any incentive to try to win on a level playing field and allows players to buy their way out of poor management decisions. I am sure it will be a fine money maker for OOTP, and there is nothing wrong with that.
DTFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #57
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFinch View Post
For what it's worth, I don't think I'll be playing Perfect Team as I just think allowing players to purchase points defeats any incentive to try to win on a level playing field and allows players to buy their way out of poor management decisions. I am sure it will be a fine money maker for OOTP, and there is nothing wrong with that.
I have a very good Perfect Level team that has some money invested. But...

With a whole year you could get to Perfect Level and compete without ever spending a dime. I have 2 getting good FTP teams in Diamond Level. Every week I sweat them getting promoted before I am ready because they make the playoffs in Diamond. They are this far in a couple months. Worrying about what other teams spend is self defeating. But do what you want, just have fun.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #58
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

I can tell you that just because someone has spent money doesn't mean they will win. There are plenty of players with clear money spent that are terrible managers. Its actually highly amusing.

Also like Kushiel I have one team where i spend and one where I don't and it isn't hard to get close to perfect level without spending money. My dad has his own free team and he's looking likely to be promoted to diamond this season after only like 4-5 weeks. If you get OOTP 20 when it comes out, you'll easily have months and months of time to get to the level you want. Ultimately it comes down to your ability, not money spent except perhaps at the absolute best handful of teams. Chances are you won't be in a league with them except once in a great while.

Last edited by CrazyWR; 03-06-2019 at 12:19 PM.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:25 PM   #59
DTFinch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I have a very good Perfect Level team that has some money invested. But...

With a whole year you could get to Perfect Level and compete without ever spending a dime. I have 2 getting good FTP teams in Diamond Level. Every week I sweat them getting promoted before I am ready because they make the playoffs in Diamond. They are this far in a couple months. Worrying about what other teams spend is self defeating. But do what you want, just have fun.
Is it fair to say that teams that don't spend money will have to work harder than teams that do for the same level of success? Again, I am not knocking people who spend money, whatever someone wants to spend on their hobby is none of my concern. But if I play I want a level playing field without having to invest real money to keep up with those who do.
DTFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #60
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
I can tell you that just because someone has spent money doesn't mean they will win. There are plenty of players with clear money spent that are terrible managers. Its actually highly amusing.

Also like Kushiel I have one team where i spend and one where I don't and it isn't hard to get close to perfect level without spending money. My dad has his own free team and he's looking likely to be promoted to diamond this season after only like 4-5 weeks. If you get OOTP 20 when it comes out, you'll easily have months and months of time to get to the level you want. Ultimately it comes down to your ability, not money spent except perhaps at the absolute best handful of teams. Chances are you won't be in a league with them except once in a great while.
This conversation has gotten really old, but I just find myself having to say that money is by far the biggest advantage you can get in this game every time someone brings up the point that you can beat dumb whales with FTP teams. Luck is 2nd most important and ability is 3rd.

If you have a team that spent $50 going up against a team that spent $1000 in the same division, you'll be lucky to go more than 3-16 against them. And that doesn't mean you can't beat them in the playoffs either, but you're relying solely on luck to do it. When you only spend $50, you don't have a ton of options on reserve to change your team to match up better. There also are not many innovative strategies that you can use to beat a perfect Pedro.

Also, there is no difference whatsoever in spending $1000 and getting super lucky with packs and getting $1000 worth of cards for $50.

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-06-2019 at 12:32 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote