Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 06-04-2018, 11:52 PM   #1
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

How to Download and Install 3D stadiums: A Short Video Tutorial

I just made a video to maybe help with all of the questions and issues with people downloading and installing the 3D stadiums.

Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/38wQBURA4t8

Can this be stickied?
Old 07-07-2018, 08:51 AM   #2
Bengal57
Minors (Rookie Ball)

not working for me? Help!

I am sorry to be a pain but I have been trying to get the crowd in the seats and it has been very frustrating, why I can't just download one already full I dunno but I am appreciative of what I do have, however I know once I figure this out it will be much more rewarding. I have done like the video says and it will not let me save anything to that file, it was I do not have permission to do that, any ideas? Thank you for taking the time to do this, I know it is my fault but how can I get around this?
Old 07-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #3
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

3D Stadium issue

I have the exact opposite problem. When I choose one of the 3D Models for some of the stadiums, I get a black screen, except for the crowd in the stands.
Then, I have installed several stadiums that display perfectly in 3D.

joeswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:01 AM   #4
John McGraw
Minors (Single A)

Hey Mike: Your directions only work so far for me.

I get as far as clicking Actions, Manually import data, but then I do NOT get OOTP Ballpark Models file... with a list of ballparks.

I get: C:\Users\Bill\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\saved_games\New Game

I cannot figure out a way to get to the ballparks model folder. I try using the Up, Previous, Next Favorites, Open, Drives and Filter buttons and nothing will get me to the proper folder.

What am I doing wrong?

I see the ballpark I downloaded in the proper ballparks/models file... but there's no default to it when I hit Manually Import data.

Last edited by John McGraw; 07-10-2018 at 12:03 AM.
John McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

3D Stadiums Not displaying Correctly

I have the Mac version of OOTP19.

I viewed the tutorial.

I download the folder and install it in the "Models" folder that is found inside the "ballparks" folder.

I've attached a file of how the 3D Park displays. I must be doing something wrong.

Any advice or guidance will be most appreciated.

Attached Images
Old 07-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

The black areas are usually textures that aren't being found. Double-check that inside the ballparks/models/<park in question> folder there is also a .mtl file and a folder called <park in question>_Textures, and that there are actually files inside that Textures folder. You can see what files the model is looking for by opening up the .mtl file in a text editor. But if everything is there, then I'm not sure what's going on.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 07-13-2018 at 10:26 AM.
eriqjaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:50 PM   #7
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

Still not getting 3D Stadiums to display correctly Part 2

Thanks very much to anyone who views this post.

I am still not getting all 3D Stadiums to display correctly.

I have viewed the Video tutorial several times. I do not believe I'm missing any steps.

Some Stadiums display perfectly. Some do not.

What exactly should be in the stadium folder? Some downloaded stadiums have a textures folder. Some do not. Several have 20-30 .jpg and .png files, besides the .prk file. Some do not.

Is something is not allowing the .rar download file to expand correctly?

The 3D aspect of play makes the game more entertaining to play. I must be messing something up somewhere.
Attached Images
Old 07-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #8
abooth
Bat Boy

I've been getting this issue where I follow the tutorial exactly, but I am having issues where the crowd doesn't appear in the stands. This seems to be happening when the 3-D model doesn't automatically load when I import the PRK file. When I manually import the the 3D model, it loads everything but the crowd. Anyone have any ideas?
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by abooth; 07-29-2018 at 10:32 PM.
abooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:36 PM   #9
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

3D Parks - Issues

I had the same problem except only the crowds would show up. Everything else was black or like a shadow.

When I downloaded the 3D Stadium files, the expander didn't arrange all the files in their proper places. One of the experts, "majoch," diagnosed and solved the problem for me. All the credit goes to him.

For example, here is the folder for League Park in Cleveland in 1910

Once I arranged all the folders correctly, it "worked."
Attached Images

Last edited by joeswell; 07-30-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:16 AM   #10
Dogzilla
Major Leagues

For people having the problem where the crowd textures wouldn't show (like I was), I think I figured it out.
The .prk file, along with the pictures (day/night) and diagram, should be in the /ballparks folder. The .obj file and the textures folder should be in the /ballparks/model/<stadium_name> folder.
Then it should look correct.

Last edited by Dogzilla; 11-01-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Dogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:04 PM   #11
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

I started a new game and I can’t get the 3D stadiums to load. I followed the video but my stadiums do not show, it returns to the default 3D stadiums. I upgraded video card drivers.

John
Mt Fire Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:13 PM   #12
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

The files in each of the 3D Stadium folders have to be arranged in a certain way. I figured to out by looking at the folders of the Individual stadiums that did display properly. There are some files that must be in each Stadium Folder and some that must be in a sub folder in the Stadium Folder. Watch the video carefully and move the flies between the Stadium Folder and Stadium Subfolders until they match the ones in a working 3D Stadium.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:13 AM   #13
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

Still can’t get them to load. The default 3D is the only one that shows up on the game screen. In setting screen , all lols good.
Mt Fire Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:52 PM   #14
Augie Ojeda
Bat Boy

I am having troubles loading custom stadium folders and files into OOTP 21.

I tried this with both files downloaded last year, as well as some stadiums uploaded this year.

I took the full stadium folders (with all files) and put them in the "ballparks" folder in my OOTP 21 folder.

When I put the whole folder "Raley Field" into the "ballpark" folder, you can see it shows up on my desktop, but not when I try to find it in OOTP.

I also tried with just the .prk and .obj files, and again, as you can see, they are shown in the desktop but not in OOTP.

Also, this year I notice .pod files, didn't recall seeing those last year, are they new?

Thank you all for any help.
Augie Ojeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:31 PM   #15
apaul
Bat Boy

Macbook Air

I am having a hard time finding the OOTP files that came with the game download on my Macbook Air. I can't use your great stadiums until I can find them. Do you have any suggestions?
apaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #16
Rockeo
Major Leagues

I see that your fine tuning some current stadiums. Is Citi Field on that list at all? They've moved in the fences and the outfield wall is all blue. I love just going through your stadiums. I seem to always find one that I never saw before. Thank you for your amazing work.
Rockeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:16 AM   #17
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockeo View Post
I see that your fine tuning some current stadiums. Is Citi Field on that list at all? They've moved in the fences and the outfield wall is all blue. I love just going through your stadiums. I seem to always find one that I never saw before. Thank you for your amazing work.
I am going to be going through all of them again (my work is never finished, haha)

I think I will update Citi Field. I believe they moved the fences in two different times since the original configuration. I may make both of those versions. Probably won't update much of the signage, but the walls and park factors will change a bit.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:01 PM   #18
jg2977
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I am going to be going through all of them again (my work is never finished, haha)

I think I will update Citi Field. I believe they moved the fences in two different times since the original configuration. I may make both of those versions. Probably won't update much of the signage, but the walls and park factors will change a bit.
Glad to hear. I'm looking forward to your work!
jg2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:36 AM   #19
fredbeene
All Star Starter

so what i am getting is there no easy way to load the actual ballparks for historical leagues.....so i don't just have the genric pictures showing
i seem to recall in 1995 being able to easily install all the pics of stadiums for strat

hmmmm
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #20
Markenge
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I just made a video to maybe help with all of the questions and issues with people downloading and installing the 3D stadiums.

Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/38wQBURA4t8

Can this be stickied?
I was able to figure out how to do this with OOTP21 and my 2017 iMac. Thanks for all of your work in putting together this great historic ballparks.
Markenge is offline   Reply With Quote