Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

Just Curious What Is The Biggest Complaint with TBCB 2013?

With TBCB 2.5 no longer working on my computer. Considering diving into the PISD version TBCB 2013 and give it a try. I know that many are not big fans of it. What seems to be the biggest complaints?
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #2
PacMan1819
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just find it to be far too buggy. Boxers go missing, change weight classes, have their ratings vanish/erase. About three times in a row I spent hours setting up and planning a universe only to have a glitch completely ruin my save. Just found it to be a huge waste of time.

I know a small minority seem to be running it fine though, so might be good for some of those people to chime in as well.
PacMan1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #3
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

After I'd updated my PC to Windows 10 I started having problems with it. Scheduler got screwed up and would not work and during other places in the game, it would lock up. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, TWICE, once on the PC and once on my Mac Air with parallels running Win 10. After trying that both times, both times I was having all kinds of problems getting my fighters reloaded into it.

Problem I saw also even pre Win 10 was importing fighters, things would get messed up with the fighters. Especially noticeable was the Fighters Nationality would get screwed up posting some other nationality in the file after importing.
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #4
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

It runs fine for me... BUT.. I don't really "do anything" taxing at all. I don't import fighters, make schedules, etc. I just take the fighters that are there and set up fights that I want individually. I actually like the fights themselves much better on 2013 than 2.5 (seems to get me closer to that "feel" I had playing the board version I loved so much, which by the way I still prefer as far as the fight themselves LOL)

The one problem I did encounter (only once so far but who knows?) after a fight once a fighter magically disappeared (or so I thought). I found him later in a different weight class. Don't know how that happened LOL. Haven't seen it since though.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:04 AM   #5
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
It runs fine for me... BUT.. I don't really "do anything" taxing at all. I don't import fighters, make schedules, etc. I just take the fighters that are there and set up fights that I want individually. I actually like the fights themselves much better on 2013 than 2.5 (seems to get me closer to that "feel" I had playing the board version I loved so much, which by the way I still prefer as far as the fight themselves LOL)

The one problem I did encounter (only once so far but who knows?) after a fight once a fighter magically disappeared (or so I thought). I found him later in a different weight class. Don't know how that happened LOL. Haven't seen it since though.
Have to agree, that's been my experience too.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:58 PM   #6
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I had 2013 working on my machine and was happily running my universe until I obviously did something the game did not like and so decided to crash on me repeatedly. Then I couldn't even get it to run at all. I reinstalled a half dozen times and did everything everyone recommended and some no one did. Then I gave up and went back to 2.5

I fully expect this to crash too eventually. It did it before 2013 and drove me to switch over. I'm of the opinion that games really need a device designated solely for playing games. The guts of PCs are too varied for stability.

Cap

P.S. Also I don't think anyone designs a game and expects people to still be playing it 15 or 20 years later.

Last edited by Cap; 04-15-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #7
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
I had 2013 working on my machine and was happily running my universe until I obviously did something the game did not like and so decided to crash on me repeatedly. Then I couldn't even get it to run at all. I reinstalled a half dozen times and did everything everyone recommended and some no one did. Then I gave up and went back to 2.5

I fully expect this to crash too eventually. It did it before 2013 and drove me to switch over. I'm of the opinion that games really need a device designated solely for playing games. The guts of PCs are too varied for stability.

Cap

P.S. Also I don't think anyone designs a game and expects people to still be playing it 15 or 20 years later.
Except when they had something really good and is still good and nothing better to replace it with.........
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #8
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Del Sesto View Post
Except when they had something really good and is still good and nothing better to replace it with.........
Yeah, but I doubt Andreas thought we'd still be playing 2.5 this many years later when he first put it out and had no plans to improve it like with OOTP.

The demand for an update doesn't seem to be there. No real profit in niche games.

Cap
Old 04-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #9
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

I am finding TBCB 13 totally unplayable. I spend hours to set up a universe only to have fighters mysteriously change weight classes or drop from a "8" rating down to a "0" when I turn the game off and re open. I find it absolutely ridiculous that there is a half witted attempt to create a new version of the game (5 years later it's still not out) when this version was never stable. It's a sad joke. We should not be talking about how they just need money to get the new version off the ground. The only money discussed should be why there are no refunds for those who bought TBCB 13.
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #10
PacMan1819
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato Can View Post
I am finding TBCB 13 totally unplayable. I spend hours to set up a universe only to have fighters mysteriously change weight classes or drop from a "8" rating down to a "0" when I turn the game off and re open. I find it absolutely ridiculous that there is a half witted attempt to create a new version of the game (5 years later it's still not out) when this version was never stable. It's a sad joke. We should not be talking about how they just need money to get the new version off the ground. The only money discussed should be why there are no refunds for those who bought TBCB 13.
I wholeheartedly agree. I actually find it criminal that ANY developers (whether its one man or a team) would expect people to pay money for a new game that has been delayed for half a decade when the last iteration was literally money spent that I might has well have just thrown in the garbage can. Its insulting and embarrassing.
PacMan1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:48 PM   #11
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

As someone who usually just runs one small division in fictional universes my biggest complaint was the random fighter generator. Fighters were created so similarly to each other the fights weren't interesting for the most part, as KOs were extremely rare. I was having a lot of fun with a yearly 16 man tournament fictional game with 2.5 until it stopped working on Windows 10. Bummer. :\
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote