Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 02-23-2016, 11:51 PM   #21
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Blazing fast load time for online league, thanks!
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:51 PM   #22
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

The video walk through of all the new features is now live!

Give it a watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAS7zqWW7B4
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:44 AM   #23
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
The AI should try to create the lienup with the existing players and don't do any transactions if it's not necessary.
This displays a lack of understanding of what a General Manager of a professional hockey team does and what a Coach of a professional hockey team does.

It is the GM that does roster changes (hires, fires, demotes, promotes, put on IR etc.) NO ONE but the GM has ANYTHING to do here.

It is the COACH that decides the line up using the roster that the GM decides.

If the developers of this game fails to understand how things work in real life then no wonder the game has these kind of problems.

If I as the GM decide to have a roster of 20 or 23 players is of NO concern to the Coach whatsoever! He has to play the players that his GM has given him. If he doesn't like it he can talk to the GM and ask him to add more or different players to the roster but he can NOT make roster changes himself. If he doesn't like what the GM does he has one option only and that is to resign his job.

The game should reflect this job division otherwise it becomes impossible to play as a GM because the AI countermands your decisions. The name of the game is Franchise Hockey MANAGER - That alone should make you think.

Last edited by IvanIvanovich; 02-24-2016 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:40 AM   #24
Skeletonfish
Bat Boy

Still no proper Fantasy Draft in New Game mode though. That's disappointing as it's one of the most fun this about commish games. I realize you can do it in custom games, but then you don't get the full world leagues
Skeletonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #25
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanIvanovich View Post
It is the GM that does roster changes (hires, fires, demotes, promotes, put on IR etc.) NO ONE but the GM has ANYTHING to do here.
You´re seriously thinking this is how it´s happening in the real world?

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:23 AM   #26
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
You´re seriously thinking this is how it´s happening in the real world?
Are you saying that it's the assistant coaches that are hiring and firing and sending players to and from the farm team?

That is the issue here and that is what I was commenting on.

I'm sorry if I couldn't make myself clear enough for you to understand that.
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #27
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

We're finding in our online league with the latest build (2.6.46) when we conduct trades thru (commissioner trade offer button) sometimes players & picks are not being added to the teams they should be, or in some cases... not moving at all.

Manually editing the rights / picks takes care of this but this is something worth addressing with this latest build.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanIvanovich View Post
This displays a lack of understanding of what a General Manager of a professional hockey team does and what a Coach of a professional hockey team does.

It is the COACH that decides the line up using the roster that the GM decides.

If the developers of this game fails to understand how things work in real life then no wonder the game has these kind of problems.

If I as the GM decide to have a roster of 20 or 23 players is of NO concern to the Coach whatsoever! He has to play the players that his GM has given him. If he doesn't like it he can talk to the GM and ask him to add more or different players to the roster but he can NOT make roster changes himself. If he doesn't like what the GM does he has one option only and that is to resign his job.

The game should reflect this job division otherwise it becomes impossible to play as a GM because the AI countermands your decisions. The name of the game is Franchise Hockey MANAGER - That alone should make you think.
Of course we understand the role of the GM, but what we're talking about here is the game mechanic that allows the GM to delegate some of his lineup changes to an assistant - that doesn't mean the coach is making the roster decisions. Mechanically, it needs to have the ability to recall players if necessary - if it didn't, the human GM would get interrupted whenever the number of able-bodied players wasn't enough to fill a lineup. We've tried it that way, and the feedback was very clear that people found it annoying. So, the AI assistant will make moves to get the lines filled properly if he has no other option. At the moment, it's not doing that in a very efficient or sensible way, so we're going to make some changes.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:17 PM   #29
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I will say that the number of bugs that have been in this game in the behind closed doors alpha before release that was discovered and fixed has been huge. Even bugs that were fixed and reappeared again. That's understandable for a game like this. The devs (and testers) have documented and corrected these bugs and their reaction time in diagnosing and fixing them have been amazing. Could items be forgotten or missed that are posted on the forums? Speaking generally, It would be quite rare but I'm sure it's not impossible - we are all human. That is why people are asked to post any bugs in the bugs section. It is through that way they are properly documented every time.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html
I know that there's a lot of small stuff that needs work and it's tough to do. It may be too easy to pick a single thing here, but you mean something like this one (the first part of the post)?
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...6-post624.html

I would bet that there's dozens of other things that have been reported and have not been worked on.
The sorting issues alone make me cringe. They are as old as the first beta of FHM1.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #30
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Is this patch (excluding any quickfix) expected to be the last one for this game?
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:14 PM   #31
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Is this patch (excluding any quickfix) expected to be the last one for this game?
Nope, there's still one more expected post-trade deadline to update the database for rosters again, and then they'll move on to work on FHM 3. This is basically just to fix some of the more game-breaking problems people have been having like the dual-GM issue and facegen bug, among other problems. So I'd expect we'll see another update in March still.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #32
Skeletonfish
Bat Boy

Is there somewhere to follow the progress/offer suggestions for the FHM3 work?
Skeletonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #33
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletonfish View Post
Is there somewhere to follow the progress/offer suggestions for the FHM3 work?
We're watching the suggestions forum, but there won't be a lot of news on FHM3 development (other than what gets mentioned in the course of discussions on the forum) for a little while yet. We've still got one more FHM2 update to do, then we'll be getting into FHM3 at full speed, so it'll probably be late spring/early summer before we have a solid idea about what's definitely going to be ready for the release and can talk about it in a lot of detail.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:23 AM   #34
Peter-
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We're watching the suggestions forum, but there won't be a lot of news on FHM3 development (other than what gets mentioned in the course of discussions on the forum) for a little while yet. We've still got one more FHM2 update to do, then we'll be getting into FHM3 at full speed, so it'll probably be late spring/early summer before we have a solid idea about what's definitely going to be ready for the release and can talk about it in a lot of detail.
Jeff, I have a question about the Swedish leagues in FHM2. You guys will not update and correct the Swedish player attributes, player position, numbers, wages, value, potential, financial and stuff like this in the Swedish Hockey League and Hockeyallsvenskan or does it come an update for this soon? I have waited for so long to have all this fixed because I only want to play with my Luleå Hockey in the Swedish Hockey League and it would be much more fun to have it all like in the real life..much more realistic.
Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #35
Evok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
New Additions:

8. Added real NHL/AHL/CHL league structures and data as an option in custom mode.

I'm late to the party, but you guys did it ! **** yeah time to go play with that !

Thanks a lot for this new update <3
Evok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #36
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter- View Post
Jeff, I have a question about the Swedish leagues in FHM2. You guys will not update and correct the Swedish player attributes, player position, numbers, wages, value, potential, financial and stuff like this in the Swedish Hockey League and Hockeyallsvenskan or does it come an update for this soon? I have waited for so long to have all this fixed because I only want to play with my Luleå Hockey in the Swedish Hockey League and it would be much more fun to have it all like in the real life..much more realistic.
We used to have a Swedish researcher (Merla). You should check with him.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #37
algon3
Bat Boy

There seem to be a lot of cool fixes and improvements on this (and the previous) update however none of them seem to be affecting my currently saved game. For example, uniforms still aren't updating for players when they change teams, all of the players who changed teams still have their old jerseys, historical stats aren't included, etc... Basically I don't see any of the improvements referenced in this update.

However, I'm guessing if I started a new game I would probably see these changes take affect. Therefore, my question is: Is there any way to start a new game and then upload my current save game data into the new game so I don't lose the 5+ seasons I've already completed? Or, is there any other way to make these improvements to my currently saved game?
algon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #38
Elvis965
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Help!

I've got a major issue here....

I was in the forums last night looking for help with a couple bits of game play, and noticed this update to the game.

I downloaded the Mac update and ran it, and now it's asking me for a license key.

I purchased my copy through the App Store, not from the web site. I went through the eSellerate process to get my license key, and it's only giving me my license for OOTP 16?

I have my app store receipt for FHM2 and it doesn't have any kind of license code on it....

Now I can't run the game, and I also have a sneaking suspicion that both of the games I have running are gone.....

How do I get this working again?
Elvis965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:20 PM   #39
Elvis965
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis965 View Post
I've got a major issue here....

I was in the forums last night looking for help with a couple bits of game play, and noticed this update to the game.

I downloaded the Mac update and ran it, and now it's asking me for a license key.

I purchased my copy through the App Store, not from the web site. I went through the eSellerate process to get my license key, and it's only giving me my license for OOTP 16?

I have my app store receipt for FHM2 and it doesn't have any kind of license code on it....

Now I can't run the game, and I also have a sneaking suspicion that both of the games I have running are gone.....

How do I get this working again?
I ended up having to trash the downloaded update from the web site, and reinstall the app from the Purchased page in the app store.

The good news is both my saved games are still there!

The bad news is that I guess I don't get to upgrade to the latest version until the app store app is updated. Oh well.
Elvis965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:38 PM   #40
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis965 View Post
I ended up having to trash the downloaded update from the web site, and reinstall the app from the Purchased page in the app store.

The good news is both my saved games are still there!

The bad news is that I guess I don't get to upgrade to the latest version until the app store app is updated. Oh well.
The App store didn't/doesn't auto update? I did not know that.

I'm glad that you got your game working again at least.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote