Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:53 PM   #1
threesportgeek
Minors (Double A)

Message to any Newbie wanting play Online

I have been playing in OOTP online leagues since OOTP 13. I will never be confused with being a frequent poster of this site, but do enjoy reading the posts and threads. I really like the concept of Online and Dynasty Leagues. After numerous leagues I have played in the ratio of good to bad are more in the bad ratios favor. One day I will pursue doing a Dynasty, but like the Online environment overall too much for the challenge factor. Everyone is a beginning online player at one time so I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions to others to prepare for.

Things I have learned by playing and reading.

· Well constructed invitations on this board

· Some websites and forums for the leagues are very well done. You can see the blood and sweat put into it. Very nice web design.

· Some commishes will advertise an export time on here, but don’t expect it to be met much of the time. I understand life gets in the way; however, a notification ahead of time or a having a backup simmer would be great in the meanwhile to keep the flow and your fellow owners happy who thrive for a completed sim.

· Some commishes will not respond to your registration form and/or message. This is a big WARNING sign. Might want to look elsewhere.

· Beware of Board Members they are just as dangerous as the Commish their self. Be cautious.

· Conspiracy theories do and will happen (see comments above explained below).

· THERE WILL BE DRAMA

· Overall, there are so many really good people in the forums of their respective leagues. They are the meat and potatoes of the enjoyment of the league. You will learn a great deal from them. Utilize them and ask lots of questions.

Unfortunately, when I speak of conspiracy theories it is across the board (commish, board members, and owners). It is an online game so sticky fingers who have “geeky” skills will get in the way just as they do Madden or any other online gaming.

Accusations vary from to the commish and/or board members rigging the system to their advantages to owners having multiple teams trying to gain an unfair advantage to win. Drama will happen when owners allegedly have exported for an uploading the new sim only to find out their transactions have not been taken. Never find yourself to be a part of the drama enjoy the game as it is. Things are and will happen besides it is a free game with lots of expectations. If you don’t find that the league you are in to be your liking there are plenty of other leagues available. Here is to hoping that you find a league to your liking that is completely fair and run as advertised. For me, I am still searching for that one.

Last edited by threesportgeek; 12-02-2015 at 10:22 PM.
threesportgeek is offline   Reply With Quote