Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

View Poll Results: Do you play fantasy MLB with Draft Kings or FanDuel?
Draft Kings 12 23.53%
FanDuel 3 5.88%
Both 0 0%
Neither 36 70.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #81
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYANKS98 View Post
No. Although I disagree with making them illegal when we have the lottery peddling tons of money, their commercials piss me off to no end so good riddance.

Where is the no option in this poll?
^

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:36 PM   #82
kevrock
Minors (Double A)

As a yearly buyer and evangelist for OOTP (just recruited a friend to our online league and he loves it!), this is maybe the one direction for the franchise that would seriously seriously concern me.
kevrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:07 PM   #83
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

I am surprised by the very strong opinions offered on the subject.

I do not like telling people what they can and cannot do with their money. I do not like telling a capitalist that they may or may not a particular business. I do not like telling Americans that they may not indulge in practices that are extremely common in most every other part of the world. I do not like like imposing a code of morality on other people's conduct.

Just because I do not like it doesn't mean that I will flinch from doing so. There are certain things that I find beyond the pale. Some of these bad things are silly, like the DH and astroturf. Others are bedrock principles of civilization, like child sacrifice and cannibalism. Between these extremes are a few things that I find reprehensible. One thing that I find reprehensible is for a professional sport to allow any association with gambling.

I think it is unethical to bet on baseball games if a person is a player, manager, or member of a professional club. I think it is unethical to bet on the statistical output of baseball games, if a person is involved in baseball. I think it is unethical to accept marketing dollars in exchange for goods and services if you are a player, coach, owner, or league. I believe that punishment for these actions must be savage, complete, unyielding, and eternal.

I am confident these actions are wrong and I am willing to write my ethical beliefs into Law. I am ready to impose my ethics on other people using the law enforcement powers of the State.

Last edited by Raidergoo; 11-21-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #84
glenmere14
Minors (Triple A)

No.

Zero interest
glenmere14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:38 PM   #85
RchW
Hall Of Famer

This thread confirms something I've felt for a long time. Fantasy sports players and sports management sim players are very different groups for the most part. I remember years ago trying to get some people I know who are in to fantasy sports interested in OOTP. They were mostly not interested with some being outright hostile to the idea. The hostility bewildered me.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:39 PM   #86
swoboda
All Star Starter

Still no

PS Given that there are limited resources to improve OOTPBB, I would vote for those resources to be used on improving other things

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:14 PM   #87
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

incase you guys haven't heard that both those organizations are being sued. Well I should say the organizations that are promoting them and sponsoring the online stuff like that. From an attorney friend of mine said that based on their filing it seems to have some merit to their claim. Based on other class action court cases. I wouldn't expect these sites to last much longer
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:12 PM   #88
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys,

do you play Draft Kings and / or FanDuel? It seems to be extremely popular and only growing, so we are thinking if we could add some features in OOTP which could act as a tool for users of those services.

Is there anything you could see as useful in OOTP? Would you take advantage of it in order to optimize your daily picks?

Thanks!
Markus
No interest.
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #89
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
This thread confirms something I've felt for a long time. Fantasy sports players and sports management sim players are very different groups for the most part. I remember years ago trying to get some people I know who are in to fantasy sports interested in OOTP. They were mostly not interested with some being outright hostile to the idea. The hostility bewildered me.
Very good point. It's obviously a small sample size, but my friends who play fantasy sports regularly are generally not that knowledgeable about sports beyond fanboy status. My friends who know sports extremely well and would understand the intricacies of OOTP are not interested in or rarely play fantasy sports.

I don't mean this to say all fantasy sports players don't understand sports. My point is that, in my experience, fans who understand the game on a deeper level (roster and transaction rules, game strategy, etc.) are more interested in those things than who has the most yards or who went 3-for-4.

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 11-21-2015 at 07:19 PM.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:55 PM   #90
kq76
Global Moderator

I just added a "neither" option as I think it's important to see the % of us that would never use it.

I don't mind OOTP spending some time on this if these sites throw a million dollars OOTP's way as they seem to love to spend their money on advertising, but I'd hope OOTP would reinvest that money into features more of us would want.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:35 PM   #91
kevrock
Minors (Double A)

Neither already has 35% of the vote after an hour and a half.
kevrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #92
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I've never really enjoyed "fantasy" because it lacks the simulation-depth of games such as this (random people stuck together for stats accumulation? pass) and also lacks the analytical aspect of gambling on actual games. It's a worthless concept for people whose idea of "sports" is throwing a dollar on the random-number Super Bowl pool at the office.

The sites in question are bold-faced gambling, offering the worst payoffs this side of a slot machine, and their omnipresent ads are a disgrace. The last thing OOTP needs to do is get into bed with them. JMO.

ETA: I like the guy in the FanDuel football ad who says "Sundays are a lot more interesting for me now".

A) So…you don't actually like football, is that it?

B) You've won a whopping $349. Settle down, bro.

Last edited by Amazin69; 11-22-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #93
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

As a gambler...

No.

But maybe yes.

Go for it.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:40 PM   #94
Honorable_Pawn