Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #41
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It seems to happen to a small number of people, and we've been able to get it working for most of them, but there are a few steps to go through to get the details we need. There's an explanation of what to do on our support site: Can't see facegen pictures/pictures are distorted or corrupted (and for some people, just switching the rendering modes as described there has fixed it.)
I needed to update my graphics card driver. When doing so it reminded me that I needed a fix for the Windows 10 upgrade that left me unable to adjust the brightness on my screen. So facegen shows up again, but my brightness can't be adjusted. Should I submit a ticket? Do you guys have a workaround?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #42
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
I needed to update my graphics card driver. When doing so it reminded me that I needed a fix for the Windows 10 upgrade that left me unable to adjust the brightness on my screen. So facegen shows up again, but my brightness can't be adjusted. Should I submit a ticket? Do you guys have a workaround?
It sounds like the driver for your monitor may need updating as well, in addition to the graphics card, but it'd probably be best to check the manufacturer's website to be suret; they'd presumably know about any issues regarding Windows 10 and the monitor's brightness controls.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:15 AM   #43
Mark42661
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmeingardner View Post
MAJOR slowdown in Clock Very Fast...slows down to what I guess to be normal. Makes me want to sim to end more often, taking away some enjoyment.

Just wondering if this issue will be fixed soon? I appreciate the update, but the penalty box clock slowdown issue is very annoying.

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #44
Andrisk123
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark42661 View Post
Just wondering if this issue will be fixed soon? I appreciate the update, but the penalty box clock slowdown issue is very annoying.

Thanks!
This change is horrible and makes the game utterly un-enjoyable. I used to watch all games but use "sim to period end" (except for very important ones) since otherwise the immersion aspect is gone and the game gets boring very fast, but now I cannot do this - if there is only one penalty, it is berable, but add a major penalty to each time coupled with a minor penalty for one of the teams and the sim speed slows to a crawl.

Please give us at least an option to not see the penalty box. Before this change the sim speed was just fine (I am used to playing Football Manager, compared to this game FHM2 is fast...)
Andrisk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #45
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I didn't think it'd be a big deal myself and thought the penalty box might be a cool idea, but now that I've seen it as well, it does slow the game down a lot. Is there no way to fix that so it doesn't bring the action to a crawl, or at least give the option to show the player info like before?
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:57 AM   #46
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
I didn't think it'd be a big deal myself and thought the penalty box might be a cool idea, but now that I've seen it as well, it does slow the game down a lot. Is there no way to fix that so it doesn't bring the action to a crawl, or at least give the option to show the player info like before?
Working on it, something's definitely gone wrong there that should be fixable.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #47
jrexi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Award Images no Longer Appear

After updating to the latest version, the award images no longer appear. On the player profile screen, it just has the box with the number of times the award was won, but there is no award image.

Not sure if this is a bug or its just happening to me.
jrexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #48
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrexi View Post
After updating to the latest version, the award images no longer appear. On the player profile screen, it just has the box with the number of times the award was won, but there is no award image.

I just noticed this as well.
JPL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:57 PM   #49
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL86 View Post
I just noticed this as well.
Is this happening to you guys with older saves, new games, or both?
Old 11-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #50
JeffR
FHM Producer

Update on the Penalty Box slowdown problem: Malte's found it and has a tentative fix, we'll be testing it soon. Assuming it tests out OK, It'll be in the next update, but no definite date for that yet.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #51
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I am seeing this with an older save. Fictional setup 24 teams - 2 conferences - 2 divisions in each.

This was OK before the latest patch (ver 2.3.19).

Last edited by JPL86; 11-03-2015 at 02:03 PM.
JPL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #52
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:

I had this too. I copied the award images from the quickstart award_pics folder to my saved game award_pics folder to fix that.
Pwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #53
jrexi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Its happening to me with an older save. I'm 2 seasons into a game and dont want to start over with each new update.

Actually, looking at Pwal's post it helped me to figure out the problem. Apparently, in older versions, the award photos were taken from the skin folder. Now, in the new version, the award photos are taken from an awards_pics folder within the graphics folder of your saved game folder. So all I did was add an awards_pics folder (with the awards pics in it) in my graphics folder of my saved game folder and everything is working fine now.

Last edited by jrexi; 11-03-2015 at 03:45 PM.
jrexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #54
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
happening in new games as well.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:53 AM   #55
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Its happening to me with an older save. I'm 2 seasons into a game and dont want to start over with each new update.

Actually, looking at Pwal's post it helped me to figure out the problem. Apparently, in older versions, the award photos were taken from the skin folder. Now, in the new version, the award photos are taken from an awards_pics folder within the graphics folder of your saved game folder. So all I did was add an awards_pics folder (with the awards pics in it) in my graphics folder of my saved game folder and everything is working fine now.
Aha. Looks like we need to add a step in the loading procedure for old saves that does that automatically if it isn't there.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:39 AM   #56
seven
All Star Reserve

Updating Boxscores

In previous posts it's been mentioned that in the boxscore, the scoring summary lists a player's total number of goals (or assists) on the season when that player is involved in a goal. The problem is that if a player scores multiple goals in a game, the total that is shown on each goal is the player's total as of the end of the game, rather than the total up to that point. The first screenshot below shows an example of this with P.K. Subban and also for John Tavares.

The consensus seemed to be that the totals should reflect the total up to the point at which the goal was scored. I have finally noticed that once one leaves the game, then goes back and looks at the report, the boxscore is revised such that on each scoring line, the player's total now shows his total up to that point, unlike what is shown in the boxscore during or at the end of a game. The second screenshot below, taken from the same game as the first screenshot, shows this for Subban and Tavares.

So now all that's needed is to use the same rule on updating these values in-game as the rule used in returning to a boxscore after leaving the game.
Attached Images
Image Image 
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:26 AM   #57
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
It sounds like the driver for your monitor may need updating as well, in addition to the graphics card, but it'd probably be best to check the manufacturer's website to be suret; they'd presumably know about any issues regarding Windows 10 and the monitor's brightness controls.
Unfortunately there isn't a driver update available. I'll have to live with no facegen and jerseys for now.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #58
jwr38
Minors (Single A)

Is roster management going to be fixed in the next patch?Right now this game is no where near enjoyable for me as you can't play more than a season as it is pretty bloody pointless. Teams still can't develop players. One year a player wins an award and then .... you might see them in the minors the next. No one develops so you basically only trade for players that haven't been generated by the draft. teams still have too many players on their roster ... and still love to have those 18 and 19 year olds with ability of 2 or 2.5 .... not playing.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:11 PM   #59
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwr38 View Post
Is roster management going to be fixed in the next patch?Right now this game is no where near enjoyable for me as you can't play more than a season as it is pretty bloody pointless. Teams still can't develop players. One year a player wins an award and then .... you might see them in the minors the next. No one develops so you basically only trade for players that haven't been generated by the draft. teams still have too many players on their roster ... and still love to have those 18 and 19 year olds with ability of 2 or 2.5 .... not playing.
As I recall, you were seeing those types of problems in fictional leagues. We're continuing to work on improving the roster handling in those.