Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-04-2015, 02:47 AM   #21
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Now we just need to fix training camp roster limit and the game will be perfect for me
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:06 AM   #22
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Now we just need to fix training camp roster limit and the game will be perfect for me
We'll probably have to come at it from a different direction, like allowing promotions/demotions with no negative effects during preseason, so you can experiment with lineups that way. Making roster size changes in mid-game would do nasty things to the AI the way it stands at the moment.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:07 AM   #23
harmonica
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We'll probably have to come at it from a different direction, like allowing promotions/demotions with no negative effects during preseason, so you can experiment with lineups that way. Making roster size changes in mid-game would do nasty things to the AI the way it stands at the moment.
Thanks for the insight. It is these sort of things that I am really interested in.
harmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #24
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonica View Post
Thanks for the insight. It is these sort of things that I am really interested in.
The positive thing is at least there is preseason so we can test some line combos or new things before the season starts
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #25
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Either way, would definitely be a nice feature, however it has to be implemented. That said, great job on this game so far. Much improved.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #26
Bisbo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
1. NHL Expansion is now possible at the beginning of the game. To expand immediately, start a new game, do not choose a team (i.e., start unemployed), have Commissioner mode on, and then once the game starts immediately (or after responding to your emails) go to Team + League Controls >> League Edit, hit the Expand League button and create your expansion teams; there's an option to take over either of them in the setup. Save once you've finished expanding, and you can then advance to the next day, when the current teams submit their protected lists, and then the expansion draft the following day.
Trying this - I've set up the expansion, made it to the draft, made my first pick, but I can't seem to get the computer-controlled team to make its 1st and 2d picks. I've clicked on the 'pick until next human pick' but nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #27
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisbo View Post
Trying this - I've set up the expansion, made it to the draft, made my first pick, but I can't seem to get the computer-controlled team to make its 1st and 2d picks. I've clicked on the 'pick until next human pick' but nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Try "next pick" a couple times to see if it will kick start things and then try pick until human again...
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:23 PM   #28
Bisbo
Minors (Single A)

Tried that, as well as let CPU finish the draft - nothing seems to work.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #29
Bisbo
Minors (Single A)

OK, I saved the game and reloaded it, and now the 'next pick' works.

Another note - I am not able to load a different game going to the "start screen' from within the existing game (after 'loading' the new game, it stays on the start screen). I have to close the game and reopen it - I have the Steam version, if that makes a difference.

Last edited by Bisbo; 10-04-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #30
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The problem with Preseason would be using up Options on a Player but if we eliminate Options/Waviers and can send Players to Minors the Player can reject the assignment and become a Free-Agent.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #31
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Another note - I am not able to load a different game going to the "start screen' from within the existing game (after 'loading' the new game, it stays on the start screen). I have to close the game and reopen it - I have the Steam version, if that makes a difference.
Same issue here, but i purchased from eseller, not steam.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #32
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I've had this issue for a few versions now, including the beta's. I'm on the direct version from this site though, not steam. I'm on Mac OS too.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #33
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
I've had this issue for a few versions now, including the beta's. I'm on the direct version from this site though, not steam. I'm on Mac OS too.
Yeah, something's definitely wrong there, irrespective of version (Mac/PC, Steam/eSellerate, it seems to do it in all of them). There's an active bug report near the top of the priority list right now.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #34
Nuk
Minors (Triple A)

I have noticed an error in the new version that if a player gets a 5-minute major penalty (for checking to the head) - the team does not go short handed. I've attached a screenshot - that shows Alex Burrows taking a 5 -minute penalty at the 9:12 mark of the 2nd period - but Henrik Sedin scoring an ES goal at 13:16 of the period.

Loving the game and playability - lots of fun.
Nuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:42 AM   #35
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk View Post
I have noticed an error in the new version that if a player gets a 5-minute major penalty (for checking to the head) - the team does not go short handed. I've attached a screenshot - that shows Alex Burrows taking a 5 -minute penalty at the 9:12 mark of the 2nd period - but Henrik Sedin scoring an ES goal at 13:16 of the period.

Loving the game and playability - lots of fun.
Did you notice if the Canucks actually had 5 guys on the ice at this point? Just want to narrow it down to a penalty-handling error or a stat-counting one (i.e., thinking it's an ES goal when it's not.)
Old 10-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #36
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Great to hear Jeff.
Ideally, it'd be great to have extended rosters during pre-season, but I understand now that it's not so easy to implement in mid-stream.

Hopefully this is something that can be added in a later full release.

All in all, I'm having a blast with this game and the sim engine is dynamite.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #37
Nuk
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Did you notice if the Canucks actually had 5 guys on the ice at this point? Just want to narrow it down to a penalty-handling error or a stat-counting one (i.e., thinking it's an ES goal when it's not.)
I was watching it live - and yes - the Canucks did have five players on the ice when this happened. I've seen it before with five-minute majors (it's like the sim is treating it like coincidental fighting majors) - but this was the first chance for me to get a screenshot to prove it.
Nuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #38
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk View Post
I was watching it live - and yes - the Canucks did have five players on the ice when this happened. I've seen it before with five-minute majors (it's like the sim is treating it like coincidental fighting majors) - but this was the first chance for me to get a screenshot to prove it.
Great, that narrows it down a bunch, we'll check it out.