Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #141
Crosscheck
Bat Boy

Still learning and diving-in after a few hours of gameplay, but I have to say I am pleased with what you have turned out. I am a big EHM fan, in spite of their interface challenges, and I see the basis here for a real competition.

Given that I refused to play/buy the previous FHM version, you have done a hell of a job in sucking money out of my wallet! I play OOTP obsessively, in spite of not actually being a baseball fan, and have even given FM a whack (without understanding Thing #1 about "soccer"), so if you can win my hockey-obsessed heart, that is saying something!
Crosscheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:43 AM   #142
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I think it should actually be listing the record going into the game - what's happening now, though, is that the team's current record is being shown regardless of how old the box score is, when it should really be the record at the time of the game.
Jeff,

I agree that the team records shown in the boxscore at the start of a game or during a game should be the records going into the game. Once the game is over, though, I think the records should be updated. Indeed, the updated records are shown when a boxscore is reviewed after exiting the game.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:59 AM   #143
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Edit...typed this in the wrong place

Last edited by beezer2434; 10-17-2015 at 08:05 AM.
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #144
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

I've been simming modern games, and I've noticed that we still have a bit of an issue with Defensemen and the goals / assist ratio. It's much less pronounced, but it is still there and it also impacts forwards goal-assist ratio.

I tried this simple fix for the NHL, I took the researched Pass/Shoot tendency, added 8 and divided by two (round up) and the results I'm seeing are much better. I'm even seeing the odd defensemen scoring as many goals as assists.

It would be nice if we had a pre-game editor we could use to do these kinds of things...
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:40 PM   #145
Renegade11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronV View Post
Your in the wrong forum, this is the FHM2 forum, different game.
I was asking if there was a crash bug in FHM 2 like the one in FHM 1
Renegade11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:29 AM   #146
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins86 View Post
For what its worth I have played NHL sims since I first discovered Freeware EHM around 2000. I'm not going to say this is the best one or anything cause I have only played it for about an hr or so, but what I can say is it is a vast improvement over FHM14 and so far I am enjoying it
agreed. I have played a lot of sims, from EHM to the previous version of FHM. Just downloaded tonight, so will have to play more to see......
Old 10-24-2015, 01:34 AM   #147
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifabing View Post
I didn't buy FHM14 due to reviews, etc. I will buy FHM2 as the reviews so far are that it's a lot better than previous version, plus I want to support the developer. OOTP has grown into a must buy game every year, and I want to see FHM do the same.
Agreed, Markus has had to put up with me for over 10 years now over on the OOTP side, and for me it's not baseball season without the latest version. Hopefully the FHM team will force me to fork over my $$$ every year as well.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:39 AM   #148
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I'm hoping to see in an up coming patch something that fixes big names players always going to free agency or at the very least not having big names sit out all season and not being picked up by teams. Vanek had over 130 points over two seasons and can't get a team to sign him. Hedman the same thing. Stud defencemen sitting out the whole season averaging a 84 game rating over two seasons. Kopitar never gets re-signed by the Kings and often sits out the next season. I'm hoping this is something that is being looked into and being fixed but it's been an issue in my games and takes away from the realism.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:30 AM   #149
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

I know exactly what krownroyal83 is referring to - it just seems like a very minute (but integral) part of the negotiation system is lacking.

Certain young players always seem to sign the team friendly medium term (3-4 years) bridge contracts, while other young players always seem to sign more expensive one year bridge contracts. After running several different seasons, with different teams - it's pretty easy to notice which players to go after via trade.

Look at the Blackhawks, who recently extended Seabrook to about 7 million per season. Between Keith, Toews, Kane and Seabrook - that amounts to a whopping $35million per season, or - almost half of the salary cap that is locked up in only four players. What (real life) GM Bowman has realized is that cap space is more important than star players. Star players (ie Sharp) can be traded - to free up much needed cap space. This is the reality of today's NHL.

As FHM2 contract negotiations currently play out - I feel like when I'm talking contract extensions, I have zero chance of negotiating against a pre-determined (scripted) outcome. Sending out two different offers to one of my players, and managing to shave off a meagre 20k in salary - and then realizing that his negotiating mood had already soured, I realize that the negotiating is already done.

Please don't mistake my opinion as being negative towards the game. It's actually the opposite. The game, even in a dynasty mode, is fully playable AND enjoyable. I'm just seeking perfection

Having said that, I fully expect FHM to get this sorted out (and perfected!) in future patches/versions of the game, as it really is a daunting task. I'm very happy to sit by and play the 'coolest game on earth' in annual releases - very similar to having gone through the evolution of Out of the Park Baseball.

@ Jeff, Sebastien, Malte and Cole - keep on kickin ass!
Bigby Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:01 AM   #150
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

It seems like every young player no matter how amazingly he performs always gets a bridge contract. The only guy that i noticed that didn't was McDavid. I'm fine with this. While this is a issue it's pretty far down the list of issues the game has when dealing with money and contacts. Like Bigby said above some of the stuff in the game feels scripted and pre-determined. Kopitar never resigning in LA. Eric Staal never resigning in Carolina no matter if they make a deep play off run or not. I'd even be ok with this if it happened once in awhile because big stars do leave teams sometimes but every season it happens so it's clear with their current line up it's pre-determined. I really wish i could start the 2015 NHL season and no have a salary cap. I would be curious if Kopitar gets re-signed.

I don't want people to think i'm ragging on the game because i really like the game. I just want the best game possible and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in this. The better the game the more successful it will be, obviously

Last edited by krownroyal83; 10-27-2015 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:22 AM   #151
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Edit: Wrong thread.

Last edited by krownroyal83; 10-27-2015 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #152
Nuk
Minors (Triple A)

I'm very pleased with the game so far - the numbers seem to be decent. The main issue I'm noticing (and I know it's logged and being worked on) - are 5 minute major penalties (for headshots, etc) to one player not resulting in a powerplay - and the minor glitches in how 3 v 3 OT is handled (powerplays going to 5 v 4 - and no option for 2 forwards 1 d playing 3 v 3)

Thanks for the continued work on the game.
Nuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:09 AM   #153
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

So it would appear that the reason why Kopitar would never re-sign in LA was because of their financial situation and not because he was unhappy/wanted to test the market. I took Doughty and Carter off the team and moved them elsewhere which freed up more than 12 million in cap space. And low and behold Kopitar resigned with them. That being said even though the cap plays a major role in today's NHL, players like Kopitar should not be let go and pretty much should always be resigned. Hope to see this kind issue addressed in a later patch.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:27 AM   #154
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

This game makes some weird moves sometimes. For example the Flames get Eddie Lack via trade. Doesn't make too much sense but they are struggling so Flames decide to bring in some help. Flames send Ramo to the AHL and i'm assuming he has to go through waivers. Lack comes in and plays very well. Goes 9-2 with a 2.68 gaa, 911 save% 76 game rating. Hiller gets hurt. Flames call up Ramo. Hiller comes back from Injury. The intelligent move here is to send Ramo back to the minors for a lot of reasons. He's already cleared before, plus Lack is playing great. Flames decide to put Lack on waivers and he of course gets picked up.

Flames are 19-23-6 this season. 10-21-8 without Lack,

Hiller is 8-19-2 , 2.74 gaa, 914 save%
Ramo is 2-2-4 , 3.11 gaa , 904 save%

So frustrating to see things like that.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #155
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

I am really starting to appreciate the basic set-up ... opposed to OOTP's full options...

You get in, you get out....

But ootp is good... but I am liking this FHM!
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #156
stokes_8383
Bat Boy

Although I've only played a few hours, the game overall seems to be pretty good, but has a few major issues.

The biggest for me is the crashes. I constantly see the game crash and close, which in a long term sim typ of video game is a cardinal sin. Like really, who likes re-simming games they've already played. Nobody.

The other big issue I have is with player contract renewals and negotiations. It is just far too easy to re-sign players. I started with the Jets because I thought it would be fun to deal with the Byfuglien and Ladd situations, but was surprised to see them both willing to re-sign for 4 years at just slightly above their current salary. I was hoping this game would be more like Football Manager when it comes to contracts and team building. In FM the players have extremely high demands and negotiate down, which makes it a challenge to build a team and keep them together. This game is not tough.

Aside from that, there are alot of good things about this game. The interface is excellent, much like OOTP which is a great thing. I see a lot of promise with this game and this is a great improvement for the series. If they stick with the OOTP mentaility of gradually improvements and interface enhancements, this game will be great in a few years.
stokes_8383 is offline   Reply With Quote