Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Facegen improves again

Since our last postings about it, improvements have continued to be made to Facegen in Franchise Hockey Manager 2. A new character model is now used, which I think you will all agree looks quite a lot better!

As well, some of our modders have also been hard at work creating jerseys.. Here's a little preview of what you can expect (credit for jerseys to Pwal):
Attached Images

Last edited by Cole; 09-14-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Peter-
Minors (Single A)

Looking really good! Great work as always guys!
Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Love how the jerseys are looking! Thanks for the update Cole. I can't wait to start modding my own jerseys for my custom league. I finally have all the logos and names set the way I want. Any word on when we may get a template to start messing around with or if it'll even be given before the 28th?
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:50 AM   #4
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Love how the jerseys are looking! Thanks for the update Cole. I can't wait to start modding my own jerseys for my custom league. I finally have all the logos and names set the way I want. Any word on when we may get a template to start messing around with or if it'll even be given before the 28th?

Jerseys are credited to the wonderfully talented Pwal, by the way!

And I am not sure if the template will be released before launch, I can check on that. I know it has gone through a few different iterations and some of our modders have been making changes to them, etc.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #5
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Jerseys are credited to the wonderfully talented Pwal, by the way!

And I am not sure if the template will be released before launch, I can check on that. I know it has gone through a few different iterations and some of our modders have been making changes to them, etc.
Sounds good. I kind of hope they are, even if it's just a couple days, so I can start playing around with them. Either way, I love how these look and the detail that can be seen. Great job to everyone involved.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #6
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

This looks great! Is there a way to get more logo from the jersey in the facegen?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #7
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:19 PM   #8
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
This looks great! Is there a way to get more logo from the jersey in the facegen?
There actually is an option of zoomed in or zoomed out... I believe the ones shown above are actually zoomed out, as the closer one is mostly just shoulders up... I know some of the modders would no doubt like to see an even farther zoom back to show off more of their work, so certainly the options available could change in the next two weeks before release (there wasn't even the zoomed out angle originally as it was added only a week or two ago too)
Old 09-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #9
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
This is still a WIP. I already tweaked some of these jerseys to see a little more of the logo, but if the views stay the same, I don't think we will see a lot more in this version. Still, I think Facegen is a huge step forward regarding the immersion factor of the game.
Pwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #10
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

The facegens look great and the jerseys are hot!!! Great work!!!
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #11
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

WWWOWWW

Hate to be the puchy type ... but will we get to have a jersey builder before the game is released so we can work on those that we would want for our teams??

Those template, weren't they to make a builder, or were they not for a creator, but just for a template for art work??
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:54 PM   #12
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Those are great! Facegen for this game has come a long way since I saw it the first time, and it's great to see.

I'd be very happy to get a chance to play around with the jersey templates if they're out before the game too. Even though I can't see all of the logos, there looks to be variety with them which is great. Good job, Pwal!
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #13
EJ
Minors (Double A)

I don't know much about FaceGen, but is facial hair possible? And if so, can one vary the amount?
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:07 PM   #14
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
I don't know much about FaceGen, but is facial hair possible? And if so, can one vary the amount?
Yes, there are a variety of different facial hair styles. You can vary what per cent of players in your league will have facial hair.

There are beards and such too if you desire to give all your players playoff beards
Old 09-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #15
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Very impressive. The faces look great and the Jerseys look even better, i'm shocked at how good it looks. 2 weeks can't come soon enough.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:19 PM   #16
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Oh and also, not shown here but there is also the option to have your players wear hats instead of helmets!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #17
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

The only thing i would would like to see as discussed earlier in the thread is a little more the actual logo being shown. Doesn't have to be the whole logo but 1/2 would be great.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:41 PM   #18
HopefulCubsFan9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Jerseys look amazing!
HopefulCubsFan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:09 AM   #19
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Facegen is just one of the significant changes to the UI and look of FHM2. Improved playability and immersion in the game show the strides the game has made since FHM 2014. Everybody is in for a treat and probably quite a surprise on the 28th.

The work that has been done on the jerseys is awesome as well

Mario Lemieux - "Every day is a great day for hockey."
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:46 AM   #20
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

If Cole sees this and agrees, I'll post a sample of all the AHL teams I've got completed thus far. Agree with what Penfold said also! ^^
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote