Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 PM   #41
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoMarco View Post
Hi Cole,

Just making sure you do not forget my query.

How did Quebec do against their traditional rivals - Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo & Boston.

Cheers
Versus Toronto:
6-5 W
4-3 W

Versus Montreal:
3-0 L
7-1 L

Versus Buffalo:
4-1 L
6-2 L
2-1 W

Versus Boston:
1-1 (preseason)
3-0 L
5-4 L

And just for fun, their biggest losses of the season:
7-3 against Minnesota, 6-1 against Nashville, the aforementioned Montreal blowout, 7-2 against Calgary, 5-0 against San Jose and 6-0 against Colorado (consecutive games).

They also failed to score a goal in four consecutive games - 5-0, 5-0, 4-0 and 3-0 losses in January.

Yep, this was a pretty bad team!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #42
PortoMarco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Seems pretty realistic; the Leafs can't even beat an expansion team!
PortoMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:30 PM   #43
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushamiBoy View Post
Hey Cole!

I may be blind and missed it but I how did the goaltenders do?
For Quebec:

Jack Campbell:
47 games played, 11-34-1 record. 2 shutouts. 3.50 GAA and .904 save percentage. Average game rating: 82

Cedric Desjardins:
18 games played, 1-14-2, 3.11 GAA, .913 save percentage. Average game rating: 84

Niklas Backstrom:
10 GP, 4-5 record, 3.87 GAA, .899 save percentage. Average game rating: 81

Cameron Talbot:
2 games played, 0-2, 3.05 GAA, .902 save percentage. Average game rating: 79

Campbell was acquired in a trade for Quebec from Dallas, as they sent Backstrom and Tom Gilbert to the Stars.

For Las Vegas:

Ray Emery:
61 GP, 22-33-5, 2.85 GAA, 5 shutouts. 9.15 save percentage. Average game rating: 81

Ben Scrivens:
24 GP, 6-13-2, 2.94 GAA, 1 shutout, .913 save percentage. Average game rating: 81
Old 07-23-2015, 09:55 PM   #44
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Also, thank you all for the kind words.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #45
PortoMarco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is that Cameron Talbot playing for Quebec the currently very hyped Cam Talbot?
PortoMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #46
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
More like overhyped
Old 07-23-2015, 10:57 PM   #47
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep, that's the one. Although he wouldn't have had the same hype behind him in this sim... Keep in mind I actually simmed this past season before expanding ... no long-term injury to Lundqvist in the sim
Old 07-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #48
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Right, but the way the question was phrased I thought he meant these things (and others) happening at random as is how it works in OOTP.

Wait... OOTP features random expansion into the future? Damn... just damn.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:50 PM   #49
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

That looks great Cole. Can't wait for this. On another note add me in for praise to you for being a solid liaison and buffer between the customers and dev team. I have stated my issues with the game and communication in the past. Your consistent updates and screenshots have contributed to my interest in this game being raised again. I really want you all to be successful and things like this are a step in the right direction.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:49 PM   #50
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Quick question Cole: At what point in the season does expansion occur after the first year? Will a new expansion after the first year get to draft junior players along with the other teams? Will they get to draft first, like with previous real life expansions? Thanks bud! Have you simmed future seasons you could share with us? Kinda like you did with the McDavid & Eichel sims it would be nice to see how many seasons before the teams become respectably competitive. Was it because of clever trading, free agents or great drafting?
SushamiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #51
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quick question Cole: At what point in the season does expansion occur after the first year? Will a new expansion after the first year get to draft junior players along with the other teams? Will they get to draft first, like with previous real life expansions? Thanks bud! Have you simmed future seasons you could share with us? Kinda like you did with the McDavid & Eichel sims it would be nice to see how many seasons before the teams become respectably competitive. Was it because of clever trading, free agents or great drafting?
Expansion needs to be triggered July 1 every year, it's something to do with the inner workings of the game that that is the date things "turn over" and it's on that day. The expansion draft is July 2.

The expansion teams don't get to draft before their first year, but after their first year they will draft, it will be based on position the same way as normal.

I haven't actually simmed multiple seasons but I may give that a shot, it would be kind of neat to see how they turn out.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #52
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Can you have expansion without a expansion draft?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #53
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Can you have expansion without a expansion draft?
There's no way to officially abolish it.. but... you can 'forfeit pick' and if you had human control of both teams I suppose you could just forfeit every single pick and essentially do the same thing as no draft.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:39 PM   #54
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
The expansion teams don't get to draft before their first year, but after their first year they will draft, it will be based on position the same way as normal.
While a little disappointing to hear that, all it means is just more work to take the expansion team to the top! If you're taking on an expansion project then you should be ready for the long road out of the cellar.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:18 PM   #55
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
While a little disappointing to hear that, all it means is just more work to take the expansion team to the top! If you're taking on an expansion project then you should be ready for the long road out of the cellar.
to me not having selections in the that draft makes it's that much more exciting and difficult. As we know, most likely if the NHL expands the new teams will have picks in the draft prior to playing a season - although that is typically a huge fight amongst the league where exactly - but so far it's not something I've missed in the this at all in FHM2. It still allows you to sign some top free agents in that Free Agency if you choose to spend the dough...just know, that will be costly.

Quote:
Seems pretty realistic; the Leafs can't even beat an expansion team!
I don't like the direction this thread is going...

Last edited by dave1927p; 07-28-2015 at 11:20 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:16 AM   #56
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
More like overhyped
Possible, though that's an area worthy of real debate.

Still, it feels like his ratings are even lower than they should be even if he is overhyped.

My thought is that he's certainly not the 4th best GK on an expansion team, given that hes a sure-fire 1st keeper in a non-expanded NHL this coming year.

Does that seem reasonable?

Additionally, if you think he's overhyped, the corollary to that is that the Rangers must have darn close to the best defensive corps in the whole NHL. I can't see any way he could do what he did last year otherwise, if he is actually overhyped unless the Rangers D is beyond lockdown levels.

Though I am on the beta team, I haven't had the chance to play the game much due to my OOTP work. So I'm wondering if the Rangers D is actually rated very highly in game? I know that's your area, so figured it was worth asking here, in case you wanted to provide an insight into the ratings system

No worries if not, given that I do many of the OOTP ratings, and all of them for all the international leagues, I know how hard it can be to explain the ratings matrix

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-29-2015 at 03:25 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:10 AM   #57
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I checked the Hockeydb for the NHL 1970 Amateur Draft and Buffalo and Vancouver drafted No. 1 and No. 2 and selected Gilbert Perreault and Dale Tallon who probably were the teams best players during the teams first year of play.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:32 AM   #58
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Possible, though that's an area worthy of real debate.

Still, it feels like his ratings are even lower than they should be even if he is overhyped.

My thought is that he's certainly not the 4th best GK on an expansion team, given that hes a sure-fire 1st keeper in a non-expanded NHL this coming year.

Does that seem reasonable?

Additionally, if you think he's overhyped, the corollary to that is that the Rangers must have darn close to the best defensive corps in the whole NHL. I can't see any way he could do what he did last year otherwise, if he is actually overhyped unless the Rangers D is beyond lockdown levels.

Though I am on the beta team, I haven't had the chance to play the game much due to my OOTP work. So I'm wondering if the Rangers D is actually rated very highly in game? I know that's your area, so figured it was worth asking here, in case you wanted to provide an insight into the ratings system

No worries if not, given that I do many of the OOTP ratings, and all of them for all the international leagues, I know how hard it can be to explain the ratings matrix
I'm at work, so I can't see the actual ratings, but I can say Talbot is rated in the database in the neighborhood of 20-30th best amongst NHL netminders. That would put him in a category as a top-flight backup, with the ability to be a starter and not look out of place, or as a 1B type. He's got a little bit of potential to grow into as well, as I recall. His performance this coming season could merit a ratings bump--but I'm not huge on large adjustments for small sample sizes.

As far as being considered 4th best on an expansion team--at least pure ratings-wise--I wouldn't think that would happen. Who were the three above him (or direct me to the post that mentioned this)?

The Rangers do indeed have a highly-rated defense. McDonagh and Girardi of course are among the top in the league in terms of defensive skill, and they're both minute eaters. Add in Staal and Klein, who are strong defensive players. So, that helps the goalies out a lot. We'll see how Talbot does this season.

EDIT: And, keep in mind, I'm in the process of re-examining every player in the league, making subtle (or not so subtle) adjustments where needed. Talbot will get looked at in the coming weeks, along with every other guy under NHL contract.

Last edited by Smetana; 07-29-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:04 AM   #59
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
I'm at work, so I can't see the actual ratings, but I can say Talbot is rated in the database in the neighborhood of 20-30th best amongst NHL netminders. That would put him in a category as a top-flight backup, with the ability to be a starter and not look out of place, or as a 1B type. He's got a little bit of potential to grow into as well, as I recall. His performance this coming season could merit a ratings bump--but I'm not huge on large adjustments for small sample sizes.

As far as being considered 4th best on an expansion team--at least pure ratings-wise--I wouldn't think that would happen. Who were the three above him (or direct me to the post that mentioned this)?

The Rangers do indeed have a highly-rated defense. McDonagh and Girardi of course are among the top in the league in terms of defensive skill, and they're both minute eaters. Add in Staal and Klein, who are strong defensive players. So, that helps the goalies out a lot. We'll see how Talbot does this season.

EDIT: And, keep in mind, I'm in the process of re-examining every player in the league, making subtle (or not so subtle) adjustments where needed. Talbot will get looked at in the coming weeks, along with every other guy under NHL contract.
Cool!

Really appreciate the insights
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #60
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Now I'm curious about the draft. If we have a Fictional League is it possible to adjust the draft date after July 1st which would allow expansion teams to take part in the draft? Or is the draft locked in on a specific date before July 1st for the sake of the game's structure and coding to keep problems from arising?
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote