Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 02:15 AM   #41
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVeal View Post
Unless my memory is misleading me, until this patch no problem arose unless a player was using a later patch than the commissioner. Hence, if the commissioner updated right away, slower players could still export. That's important for players who use Steam, since its updates are delayed by a couple of days, and for others who for whatever reason are unable to upgrade quickly.

As it happens, I'm in two on-line leagues. In one, the commissioner upgraded today. The other hasn't yet. That wouldn't be a problem - I have two computers with OOTP - except for the fact that I'll be traveling over the holiday weekend and will have only one of the computers with me. I'd thought that I could just keep the old version on my laptop and be able to export to both leagues. Now I'll have to rely on the AI in one of them. That's not the worst problem I've ever encountered in my life, of course.
We did change the file format for this patch for the added options, so users on 16.5 will probably not be able to open files which have been saved with 16.6. So, the commish should stay with 16.5 until folks have all updated I guess.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 07-02-2015 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:48 AM   #42
kehowey
Major Leagues

I have the secondary (40-man) roster size disabled. Now with this patch, the expanded roster size is also disabled. Wasn't like this before.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:10 AM   #43
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Here are the improvements / fixes compared to version 16.5.23:

- Added pitcher WAR to team register history
Thank you lord (and Matt) for getting this added!!
Old 07-02-2015, 06:12 AM   #44
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehowey View Post
I have the secondary (40-man) roster size disabled. Now with this patch, the expanded roster size is also disabled. Wasn't like this before.
If you don't have a secondary roster than you can't have an expanded roster.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:31 AM   #45
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

The update is now available on Steam as well!
Old 07-02-2015, 06:57 AM   #46
ScottM816
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The update is now available on Steam as well!
Is there any way to move a player from DSL back to the international complex?
Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 AM   #47
towerbooks3192
Minors (Single A)

But...but.. Simulation module not displaying top batters/pitchers plus unable to open the box score and game log of the simulation module games :'(
Old 07-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #48
adamj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerbooks3192 View Post
But...but.. Simulation module not displaying top batters/pitchers ...
File menu, Settings.
Interface tab, second item from the bottom: Auto-play Display.
Make sure it says "Standings/Leaderboards"

Personally, I like to keep it on the fast sim option. Standings/Leaderboards was always the default setting, but maybe the patch has the fast sim as the default setting.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #49
towerbooks3192
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj View Post
File menu, Settings.
Interface tab, second item from the bottom: Auto-play Display.
Make sure it says "Standings/Leaderboards"

Personally, I like to keep it on the fast sim option. Standings/Leaderboards was always the default setting, but maybe the patch has the fast sim as the default setting.
Just to see if we are on the same page. I am referring to the simulation module beside the play exhibition option where you can simulate x number of games between 2 teams and it will generate results and not just simming the game
Old 07-02-2015, 08:32 AM   #50
adamj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerbooks3192 View Post
Just to see if we are on the same page. I am referring to the simulation module beside the play exhibition option where you can simulate x number of games between 2 teams and it will generate results and not just simming the game
Sorry. It sounds like we are talking about two different things. I thought you were asking about the display when you sim a certain period of time to advance the league date.

I've never used the Simulation Module that you were talking about. I just tried, to see what it does, but it is grayed out. I can't select it for some reason.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #51
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

With the roster update a lot of players seem to have disappeared in the MLB quickstart. Before the patch all Minor league teams (AAA, AA, A+, A- & SA) had 25 (healthy) players on their roster. At the same time there were numerous Minor League players on the DL.

After the patch the DL has no Minor League players on it. All Minor League teams still have 25 players on their rosters but this includes injured players. This means there are no longer enough healthy players to fill the rosters.

Last edited by Dutch Alexander; 07-02-2015 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #52
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I'm not a fan of the DL notifications at the end of the season. I kept getting notifications that a player on my Single-A DL was eligible to be activated while I was playing out the MLB playoffs, which confused me at first. Then I realized it was because the offseason had started in the minors and players can't be on the DL.

Maybe if there is a future maintenance patch, that message can be re-worded. Or consider re-wording it for 17. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #53
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
If you don't have a secondary roster than you can't have an expanded roster.
There should be an option to be able to do that.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #54
hefalumps
All Star Starter

OK - so with regards to the playoff eligibility thing - switching from 25-man to 40-man just lets you use anyone on your 40-man regardless of September injuries - is that right? So this is NOT how MLB currently handles it - MLB locks you to 25-man and only lets you add someone from your 40-man or organization if someone gets hurt after playoff rosters lock. Right?

I'm assuming September injuries still work the same - if someone gets hurt in September, leave them on the active roster until the postseason, then put them on the DL on the first day of the postseason and you'll be able to add someone from your organization to the "playoff eligible" roster to replace him. Is that also right?

And now it looks like Markus and company have added the ability to DL someone and replace him *in the middle* of a postseason series, which we weren't previously able to do. Will that follow the same rules as injury moves before and in between postseason series?

I guess I could just sim out a test season and find out for myself, but if anyone's already had some experience with how exactly all this stuff works, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #55
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Before the update, this option could be set to X players. Does this change mean that there cannot be an expanded roster with reserve rosters?

Name:  roster_rules.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  44.7 KB
Old 07-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #56
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
OK - so with regards to the playoff eligibility thing - switching from 25-man to 40-man just lets you use anyone on your 40-man regardless of September injuries - is that right? So this is NOT how MLB currently handles it - MLB locks you to 25-man and only lets you add someone from your 40-man or organization if someone gets hurt after playoff rosters lock. Right?

I'm assuming September injuries still work the same - if someone gets hurt in September, leave them on the active roster until the postseason, then put them on the DL on the first day of the postseason and you'll be able to add someone from your organization to the "playoff eligible" roster to replace him. Is that also right?

And now it looks like Markus and company have added the ability to DL someone and replace him *in the middle* of a postseason series, which we weren't previously able to do. Will that follow the same rules as injury moves before and in between postseason series?

I guess I could just sim out a test season and find out for myself, but if anyone's already had some experience with how exactly all this stuff works, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!
There were 2 changes done for playoff rosters:
1. MLB made a change a few years ago that anyone on the 40-man (or DL) on August 31 is eligible for the post-season. OOTP used to only use the 25-man or DL. This is optional - if you prefer to limit it to people on the 25-man, you can always adjust that in the settings. No matter which you do, if a player is hurt and placed on the DL, then you can replace them on your playoff roster with someone who was in your organization as of Aug 31.
2. During a playoff series, you can now place a player on the DL. They must miss the remainder of the current series and the following series. You can then replace them with someone else. This should follow the MLB rules, which I know people have requested for pretty much as long as we've had playoff roster rules.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #57
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Before the update, this option could be set to X players. Does this change mean that there cannot be an expanded roster with reserve rosters?

Attachment 407887
Oops
Old 07-02-2015, 10:47 AM   #58
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

This Patch saves me hours of mouse clicks BUT.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottM816 View Post
With players playing out of position....i had a CF with no experience at SS
The Game Logs being written now saves me HOURS of key clicks now! YEAH!!!

But the AI making lineups putting players in positions they are not rated for is still here...

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #59
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
The Game Logs being written now saves me HOURS of key clicks now! YEAH!!!

But the AI making lineups putting players in positions they are not rated for is still here...
Throw me your league file and I can have a look, but Shugart did play OF 1895 in real life. Could be other options that are letting him play there. The changes I did should only place a guy where he can't play if there's nobody else rated there on the roster.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #60
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Throw me your league file and I can have a look, but Shugart did play OF 1895 in real life. Could be other options that are letting him play there. The changes I did should only place a guy where he can't play if there's nobody else rated there on the roster.
Thanks Matt! Problems we are having seems to be two problems:

1) AI playing players at positions they are not rated for.

2) Game seems to not be giving players ratings for positions they did play in 'real life'.

I posted my league on your FTP site a few 'years' ago in league life. TVA.lg

I posted examples in thread on 'next release' ....

Matt, I have asked Markus for years for an option to 'not allow players to play positions they are not rated for'.