Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #21
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Great job marcus and team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #22
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacR View Post
Finally I can play with playoff roster rules! Thanks!
What was the difference before?
Old 07-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #23
IsaacR
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
What was the difference before?
Before the player had to be on your 25-man or DL on August 31 to be eligible. With those rules, sometimes a team would have a 24 man roster for a series. Any injury during a playoff series also could not be dealt with until the series is over.
Now, your eligible players just have to be on the 40 before September 1st to be eligible, and you can make DL moves during the series, which is what happens in real-life MLB.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #24
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Before the player had to be on your 25-man or DL on August 31 to be eligible. With those rules, sometimes a team would have a 24 man roster for a series. Any injury during a playoff series also could not be dealt with until the series is over.
Now, your eligible players just have to be on the 40 before September 1st to be eligible, and you can make DL moves during the series, which is what happens in real-life MLB.
Thanks.. I guess you can only set this in the off-season? I don't see it anywhere.

Edit: Ok I found it.. Post-Season Roster Eligibility -> Secondary Roster (40-man roster)

Last edited by MizzouRah; 07-01-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #25
Lou Gehrig
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks Markus. Great work team on 16.
Now on to improvements in 17! Looking forward to it.
July 4, 1939

www.alsa.org
Old 07-01-2015, 09:25 PM   #26
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks.. I guess you can only set this in the off-season? I don't see it anywhere.
See this. I'm in the playoffs and it is active.
Attached Images

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 07-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #27
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Anyone know exactly what this means? "Emphasized leaders for batting & pitching stats in player screen"

Ah I see - it was throwing me since it doesn't seem to do it for the current season, only past seasons. Very nice, Baseball-Referencey.
I'm not seeing anything highlighted except for my team in the standings screen using ootp 16 default skin?
Old 07-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #28
IsaacR
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm not seeing anything highlighted except for my team in the standings screen using ootp 16 default skin?
This is Chris Davis' player page. He led the league in homers and RBIs in 2013, so it's highlighted.
Attached Images
Old 07-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #29
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

I think I found a bug with this patch. The little player info things that popup when you mouse over a player is enabled every time I open up the game. So, I turn it off (which does work) but when I reopen OOTP it is back on. It's just a slight annoyance to have to turn it off every time I open OOTP but a bug is a bug. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'll also post this in the bug forum.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #30
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is Chris Davis' player page. He led the league in homers and RBIs in 2013, so it's highlighted.
All my players have empty Leaderboard Appearances.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:19 PM   #31
TomVeal
All Star Starter

In online leagues, can players export if they haven't yet upgraded but the commissioner has? In the past, that wasn't a problem (at least, not so far as I can recall). Now, in a league that I'm in, the commish upgraded right away and reports that all of the exports are failing.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #32
IsaacR
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVeal View Post
In online leagues, can players export if they haven't yet upgraded but the commissioner has? In the past, that wasn't a problem (at least, not so far as I can recall). Now, in a league that I'm in, the commish upgraded right away and reports that all of the exports are failing.
Just ran a test with the commish in one of my leagues - you need to all be on the same patch.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #33
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
I think I found a bug with this patch. The little player info things that popup when you mouse over a player is enabled every time I open up the game. So, I turn it off (which does work) but when I reopen OOTP it is back on. It's just a slight annoyance to have to turn it off every time I open OOTP but a bug is a bug. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'll also post this in the bug forum.
I'll confirm that. Not good. I don't use this feature so I'd like it to stay off.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 07-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #34
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

It is a very frustrating issue, because if a player is in more than one league, then he basically has to choose a league to be good for unless both leagues all patch at the same time. Which is not very realistic.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
Old 07-01-2015, 11:14 PM   #35
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Nm
Old 07-02-2015, 12:18 AM   #36
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
It is a very frustrating issue, because if a player is in more than one league, then he basically has to choose a league to be good for unless both leagues all patch at the same time. Which is not very realistic.
i'm not saying you shouldn't be frustrated or belittling your problem.

you can't rationally expect the developer to aquiesce to to the requirements of every single online league. comissioners should help disseminate information that each person must now update ASAP for the good of the league, instead of being slackers (that last part is a joke).

maybe this will work for you:
make 2 installations. one update, one older for existing leagues that are being slow? assuming there are no licensing problems - i doubt it's a problem, if on the same machine. copy the folder first if you have to, then update new folder name.

be creative, find a fix. it's usually possible.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-02-2015 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:31 AM   #37
james17
All Star Starter

Can someone tell me what the 'double counting of draft offers' bug was?? I don't understand what's meant by that.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:07 AM   #38
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
i'm not saying you shouldn't be frustrated or belittling your problem.

you can't rationally expect the developer to aquiesce to to the requirements of every single online league. comissioners should help disseminate information that each person must now update ASAP for the good of the league, instead of being slackers (that last part is a joke).

maybe this will work for you:
make 2 installations. one update, one older for existing leagues that are being slow? assuming there are no licensing problems - i doubt it's a problem, if on the same machine. copy the folder first if you have to, then update new folder name.

be creative, find a fix. it's usually possible.
Unless my memory is misleading me, until this patch no problem arose unless a player was using a later patch than the commissioner. Hence, if the commissioner updated right away, slower players could still export. That's important for players who use Steam, since its updates are delayed by a couple of days, and for others who for whatever reason are unable to upgrade quickly.

As it happens, I'm in two on-line leagues. In one, the commissioner upgraded today. The other hasn't yet. That wouldn't be a problem - I have two computers with OOTP - except for the fact that I'll be traveling over the holiday weekend and will have only one of the computers with me. I'd thought that I could just keep the old version on my laptop and be able to export to both leagues. Now I'll have to rely on the AI in one of them. That's not the worst problem I've ever encountered in my life, of course.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:11 AM   #39
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Actually I found an issue with the feature I was mentioning above. When I installed the patch it highlighted the leader stats correctly, in red. However, once I erased the skin.bin file in OOTP16/data/skins/ootp 16 classic (to restore my custom icons as we have been having to do each patch) I see this. If I switch to a different skin the red highlights come back, but when I re-load to this one the highlights stay an annoying black. This is true regardless of which save I load.
Well, your custom skin file does not include the highlighted font style set. Sorry, nothing I can do about it. Need to rebuild your custom skin using the skin files from the add-ons central.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 07-02-2015 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:13 AM   #40
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I'll confirm that. Not good. I don't use this feature so I'd like it to stay off.
Then set it to the highest delay time. Sorry for this, will be fixed in the next maintenance patch.
Closed Thread