Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-26-2015, 07:21 AM   #61
Craig Scarborough
All Star Reserve

Hey, how do you change your fonts like this?

Edit: Ugh, the post is directed to pstrickert (quick reply fail)
Craig Scarborough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #62
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I'm using the fonts from Questdog's antique skin (available through Add-Ons Central).
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #63
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
Matt was the issue fixed where pitchers war wasn't shown in the team history for team leaders and team pitching registry where vorp used to be in previous versions
Sorry missed your other reply in the other thread before.No, this didn't make it in the patch, but it will be in the next one.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #64
tward13
All Star Starter

Lots of saved line-ups = Good!

Can I now set separate line-ups for each game of a doubleheader in the 7 day screen? Cause if not, all the saved line-ups don't help much.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #65
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Lots of saved line-ups = Good!

Can I now set separate line-ups for each game of a doubleheader in the 7 day screen? Cause if not, all the saved line-ups don't help much.
Yeah-Good question. I play in commish mode and sometimes teams play three doubleheaders in a row and would like too know if the custom line-ups can be used in this situation without having too do the line-ups on a daily basis.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #66
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

So can I safely just delete the PNGs in the ballparks folder that have now been duplicated by the new WEBP files?
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #67
dunningrb
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra7c7er View Post
It doesn't look like batting twice it looks like an extra pitch is being thrown. Which is different from what others were experiencing. Where entire second at bats were taking place.

I wonder if this is happening with simmed games too.
I agree the behavior is different but as you say it is still game breaking. I don't know if this happens in simmed games but I suspect it doesn't given the way in which you can 'activate' the bug. To confirm you would need to write a script that scans the game logs looking for examples of extra pitches after a plate appearance is completed.

Two suggestions for everyone:

1. Avoid Broadcast View. I cannot get the bug to reveal itself in either the Webcast View or 3-D View. I suspect this bug only shows up in Broadcast View.
2. If you stick with Broadcast View, when a batter's plate appearance is finished, do not click on the player's name to bring up his player page-- that is how you activate the bug. Instead, just hit any key on the keyboard or click anywhere on the screen to advance to the next batter. (In both Webcast View and 3-D View, when the plate appearance is completed and you click on the player's name the game does not open up his player page-- instead it advances to the next batter. This is precisely what should be happening in Broadcast View, I think.)
Old 05-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #68
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Sorry missed your other reply in the other thread before.No, this didn't make it in the patch, but it will be in the next one.
Thank you!!!
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #69
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I have this on Steam (from your key for I got it pre-order), and when I play in a 3D park, I use to get ball drives (somewhat off kilter) showing. Now they are intermittent, mostly none.
This is on a Mac.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:49 PM   #70
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There appears to be an issue with line drives not getting proper ball effects. We're looking into it now.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #71
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There appears to be an issue with line drives not getting proper ball effects. We're looking into it now.
Are we talking 3D animation or 2D ball flight?
Old 05-26-2015, 03:04 PM   #72
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
are we talking 3d animation or 2d ball flight?
3d
Old 05-26-2015, 03:09 PM   #73
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

"- Added support for up to 100 custom lineups per team. Save & manage lineups from the team lineups screens and apply them in the pre-game lineup selection, the 7-day lineups screen and the regular lineups screen."

Just reiterating what many others have said, but THANK YOU for this!! Very exciting.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:16 PM   #74
Assos
All Star Starter

Bread was sliced, then OOTP had savable Custom Line ups. Everything else pales in comparison!
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #75
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yes, I've noticed this as well.....ground ball base hits are shown as to where they are hit. And all outs are shown where the ball was hit whether it's a groundout or a flyout or popout or whatever...but line drive base hits do not show, the ball just sits there at home plate like it was a strikeout but the pbp says line drive base hit. Not sure what that's all about but thanks for looking into it Matt.
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #76
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

"Fixed some HOF issues if playing with multiple major leagues"

Is there referring to Major League players who end their careers in the international leagues? I believe this was caused by their service time starting over when changing leagues.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:58 PM   #77
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

I'm having issues with creating custom worlds using the real world league. I get through loading world and players, and then the game crashes. Am I alone in this? I'm using a PC, not steam based version of the game.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #78
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
I'm having issues with creating custom worlds using the real world league. I get through loading world and players, and then the game crashes. Am I alone in this? I'm using a PC, not steam based version of the game.
Define crashes please.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #79
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

The game gets through the world loading, and in the middle of the loading players screen the game closes and ceases to work. There are no error messages or other indicators as to why the game stops working.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:44 PM   #80
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
"Fixed some HOF issues if playing with multiple major leagues"

Is there referring to Major League players who end their careers in the international leagues? I believe this was caused by their service time starting over when changing leagues.
If their service time is reset you need to account for that in the HOF selection criteria. The changes done had more to do with the voting page not showing you the correct list of eligible players. I did check to make sure players actually showed when they should have been eligible, but I don't think I made any changes to that in this patch.