Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-28-2015, 01:25 PM   #81
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Good Work MKG.

Nice to have you aboard.

Have you reported this in the bug-report forum? Bugs in this forum are rarely addressed. The only time I have seen anything addressed from this forum is when a thread blows up to 10+ pages.

You're 40% of the way to a maybe not addressed.

Try the bug forum.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #82
Lou Gehrig
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
It is because you keep calling the game designers liars. For people who like and respect them, that is not all that palatable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Well I don't know where you see my calling the designers liars ...
Considering you have a six year lapse in your memory claiming you first heard of OOTP in 2007 and categorically deny joining the forum in 2001 when all evidence clearly indicates that...allow me to refresh your memory.

This is from your "tin-foil hat" thread in response to you raising the pre-determined issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Some conspiracies can be fun. Seeing the game from the inside, it's fun to actually think about what I would have to add to the game to make the conspiracy actually come into play, trying to think which would be easier or harder to add. Some of the ways people have for the AI to cheat would be so incredibly complex that I'm not even sure I would know how to do it.
The programmer doesn't even know how he would do it! Since then and here again in this thread you raise the possibility that games are pre-determined insinuating Matt Arnold, an OOTP programmer, and others have lied.
Quote:
My issue is not whether the sim is or is not pre-determine but to keep an eye out against the possibility that it is pre-determined.
There's definitely some "back-stroking" going on in your last quote. Yet everyone who disagrees with you are according to you "fanboys" and critics of anyone who brings up a potential bug. Not at all, just the ridiculous ones like pre-determined games. Now you have this OP on the defensive thinking he is being "intimidated, harassed, flamed and ridiculed" when in fact he is not.

You have been told by a programmer/developer that the games are not pre-determined. You have been told by experienced gamers in this forum that the games are not pre-determined. Markus himself has dismissed that allegation years ago. So let's put this nonsense to rest and talk of this no more.
July 4, 1939

www.alsa.org

Last edited by Lou Gehrig; 04-28-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Lou Gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #83
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Not too mention the blatant hijack of a sincere OP.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #84
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Not too mention the blatant hijack of a sincere OP.
That's the lesson IMO. If you have beefs with OOTP post in your own thread and take any flak especially if it is nonsense like claiming pre-determined results with zero evidence to support it.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #85
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Good Work MKG.

Nice to have you aboard.

Have you reported this in the bug-report forum? Bugs in this forum are rarely addressed. The only time I have seen anything addressed from this forum is when a thread blows up to 10+ pages.

You're 40% of the way to a maybe not addressed.

Try the bug forum.
Yes, I did last night...hopefully it helps the development team work on a fix for everyone to take benefit in
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #86
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Lastly...

I think as a group we were a little hasty with MKG. Some of us have been around too long and forget what it is like to not know all of the answers from all of the threads.

I get that this is the wrong forum but it's better to say nothing than come across as impatient. Especially to a member that looks like a "solid prospect."

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 04-28-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #87
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I lied...one more point.

Life sucks so bad. Let's be nice to each other.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #88
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Well I don't know where you see my calling the designers liars ... now it's true I've been called a liar for pointing out something others didn't like or want to consider but that's another topic.

Anyway I was thinking last night ... why do the inconsistencies pointed out by others - not me by the way - always appear to happen in the bottom of the ninth where the game score at the top suggests how it is going to end? Is it because we tend to notice it more because it is the bottom of the ninth making what happens there appear more decisive? Do similar events - not as decisive - occur in other innings of the game that we don't notice because they lack the importance?

Oh by the way last night in playing out a game I went to the player's BNN page to review his performance over his last ten appearances before he batted. On his BNN page for the game he was presently in it indicated his team had won but the game at the time was still the sixth inning. His team did win at it's conclusion.

Please note I'm not calling the designers liars here ... just wondering?

Toast

"If you question they will come" from the novel Field of Dreams
Quote:
What ever don't look at the player's BNN page during play and you'll be all right. When people pvr a live game it best not the have the radio on or view the newspapers or internet before hand ... kind of takes the fun out of watching the delayed telecast if you know what I mean?

My question is very valid. Maybe the designers will offer an explanation?

How silly and insecure people can be at times.

Toast
Maybe you'll take the time to look at both teams to find the answer before running here? Nah, that would be too much to ask and of course prevent you from trolling the boards. The sad thing is you did look at both teams and did know there was no problem but hey, if you can't get attention from Mom come here and maybe you'll find someone that cares?

Pleas note I'm not actually saying you looked at both teams (check bold part above) and found no issue and then posted just to troll, really I'm not. In no way am I calling you a troll.

Quote:
Back to name calling ... expected. By passing your rudeness then, why is this showing up on the BNN page? I didn't look at it over a lot of games that the 2000 game crowd insists on before any observation is considered
- I think this tends to bury the issue - but my question is valid. How is this trolling when a win or a loss - either one - is stated on the player's personal page before the game starts and after the game has begin? Why is this notation there in the first place? This is a fair question.

Possible others could look at it and see what constructive conclusions they can come up with other than the over used troll comment that flies around here far too often.

Toast

"If you question they will come" from the novel Field of Screams
It's the same as the game log reporting win loss that you said showed predetermined results. But then you already knew that and then chose to ignore it so you could troll the boards again. IOW at the beginning of a game at 0-0 both teams show a loss. If team A scored all of their players show a W. If team B comes back to take the lead team B now shows a W. It's not rocket science and it didn't take looking at 2,000 games to find an answer. You could have done the same as you were actually playing the game at the time. But then you couldn't troll if you took the time to look, right?

Again, just to clarify I'm not calling you a troll.

Quote:
This is a valid comment to consider. Thank you for your input.

Toast

"If you question they will come" from the novel Field of Dreams
You couldn't come up with this on your own? Really? Well no, I suppose not. Especially if you wanted to troll the boards.

Again, I'm starting to feel like a broken record, I'm not actually calling you a troll.....just wondering?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #89
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Old 04-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #90
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

oh stop it...

So rude.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:50 PM   #91
Toast
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Maybe you'll take the time to look at both teams to find the answer before running here? Nah, that would be too much to ask and of course prevent you from trolling the boards. The sad thing is you did look at both teams and did know there was no problem but hey, if you can't get attention from Mom come here and maybe you'll find someone that cares?

Pleas note I'm not actually saying you looked at both teams (check bold part above) and found no issue and then posted just to troll, really I'm not. In no way am I calling you a troll.

It's the same as the game log reporting win loss that you said showed predetermined results. But then you already knew that and then chose to ignore it so you could troll the boards again. IOW at the beginning of a game at 0-0 both teams show a loss. If team A scored all of their players show a W. If team B comes back to take the lead team B now shows a W. It's not rocket science and it didn't take looking at 2,000 games to find an answer. You could have done the same as you were actually playing the game at the time. But then you couldn't troll if you took the time to look, right?

Again, just to clarify I'm not calling you a troll.

You couldn't come up with this on your own? Really? Well no, I suppose not. Especially if you wanted to troll the boards.

Again, I'm starting to feel like a broken record, I'm not actually calling you a troll.....just wondering?

Cluck Cluck ... You should listen to yourselves ... so funny. And I didn't hijack the post the original poster was never impeded or steered away from him making his concern known What I did was to point out since this post is about the game's AI that his observation could be looked at from a different angle. I'm not trying to scare you people really. I know how important this sim is to some of you. Chuck Cluck

"If you question they will come" from the novel Field of the Paranoid

Toast
Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #92
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I'm starting to think Toast might be an alias. Rich, maybe? Just starting to have that feel to it.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #93
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cluck Cluck ... You should listen to yourselves ... so funny. And I didn't hijack the post the original poster was never impeded or steered away from him making his concern known What I did was to point out since this post is about the game's AI that his observation could be looked at from a different angle. I'm not trying to scare you people really. I know how important this sim is to some of you. Chuck Cluck

"If you question they will come" from the novel Field of the Paranoid

Toast
Paranoid? Aren't you the one posting conspiracy theory and predetermined results??

Who is chuck cluck? Lol, that would be a great name that 16 name thread
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #94
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Name:  resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-can-you-smell-that-i-just-farted-97ceaa.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  197.1 KB

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 04-28-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #95
Toast
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Paranoid? Aren't you the one posting conspiracy theory and predetermined results??

Who is chuck cluck? Lol, that would be a great name that 16 name thread
Cluck Cluck

No you people are the ones who might be devotedly wasting your time under a false premise. I mean on average humans only live about 29,000 days so by all means play on.

Did you ever think this program that sims 16 games in seconds is the same processing engine you used when playing out a game over twenty minutes? I know you'll say but we've set the strategy settings! Yep and in following this thread is it possible there are inconsistencies in their logs as well? Inconsistencies the opening poster stated? Inconsistencies that directly effected - determine - the final score?

Toast

"If the coop is full of hens the clucking can be deafening" from the novel The Fearful Field of Denial

Last edited by Toast; 04-28-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:07 PM   #96
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No you people are the ones who might be devotedly wasting your time under a false premise. I mean on average humans only live about 29,000 days so by all means play on.
So why are you wasting your time here then? You should get outside. It definitely sounds like you could do with some good ole Vitamin D.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:21 PM   #97
Toast
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
So why are you wasting your time here then? You should get outside. It definitely sounds like you could do with some good ole Vitamin D.

Oh but you've got me all wrong Sir. I like OOTP very much but that doesn't mean I will steadfastly accept everything about it. There's nothing wrong with thinking about what could be occurring is under its hood.

Toast

"If you think they might hear" from the book OOTP and the Dialectic.