Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-12-2015, 07:46 AM   #41
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
Was he on the 40 man roster? wondering if the game considers that to be the club house instead of the active roster.

True, that's what I was thinking.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:09 AM   #42
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Was he on the 40 man roster? wondering if the game considers that to be the club house instead of the active roster.
If so then that is a bug or not working as intended. Can someone confirm this?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #43
BMD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
In the game, if i was told that two players didn't like each other. It might be easy to figure out where the issue is. But, in God mode, i'm looking at a team where the entire team (each individual player) lists under morale that they don't like the bickering.

IRL, a manager or someone would know at very least what player was causing trouble. And, if a player, was bothered enough to say something was wrong, he would tell what player he had a problem with.

The challenge is then what to do with the troublemaker. What if your troublemaker is one of your best players? How do you handle it when Reggie Jackson and Thurman Munson don't like each other?

Incidentally, that team that all the players were upset by the bickering won the championship. So the bickering can be more annoying than anything.
So you want people to violate the sanctity of the clubhouse and name names!? Where I grew up we followed two simple rules. Rats get bats and snitches get stitches. My bench coach walks into my office and gives me a name and I fire him on the spot on general principles.
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #44
Anyone
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD View Post
So you want people to violate the sanctity of the clubhouse and name names!? Where I grew up we followed two simple rules. Rats get bats and snitches get stitches. My bench coach walks into my office and gives me a name and I fire him on the spot on general principles.
Seriously? My bench coach refuses to give me a name (unless he doesn't know and I honestly believe him) and that's when I fire him on principle.
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:43 PM   #45
damonrusst
Major Leagues

Can someone tell me where I can find the personality reports posted in this thread? I'm playing manager only, would that stop me from seeing this on the default view players page?

I can click the BNN report from each player's profile and see it but can't figure out how to get them all on one page.

Any advice would be appreciated.
damonrusst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #46
Dr.K
Major Leagues

what personality report are you refferring to? The way to see the personality is in the scouting report of a player. If you reffering to leadership traits and morale for the roster at a glance

> goto your team
>click on players
> this will bring up your default roster
> from here you can customize the look
> you can then see leadership or mostly anything else for your whole squad at a glance

I'm not sure you can see personality at a glance for the entire roster, but that would a nice addition. Not sure if this helps but hey I tried

Last edited by Dr.K; 04-12-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #47
damonrusst
Major Leagues

I tried this but can't get personality to show up in the customization options. Maybe because I'm manager only. Someone earlier posted a list in this thread that showed all his players sorted by personality. I can't seem to make that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.K View Post
what personality report are you refferring to? The way to see the personality is in the scouting report of a player. If you reffering to leadership traits and morale for the roster at a glance

> goto your team
>click on players
> this will bring up your default roster
> from here you can customize the look
> you can then see leadership or mostly anything else for your whole squad at a glance

I'm not sure you can see personality at a glance for the entire roster, but that would a nice addition. Not sure if this helps but hey I tried
Old 04-12-2015, 10:50 PM   #48
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonrusst View Post
I tried this but can't get personality to show up in the customization options. Maybe because I'm manager only. Someone earlier posted a list in this thread that showed all his players sorted by personality. I can't seem to make that happen.
Go to your player list. In the dropdown menu where you can select your view, click "Customize." Under the "General" tab, all the way to the right, you can select the personality ratings. The screenshot you mention was sorted by Leadership Ability.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:14 PM   #49
damonrusst
Major Leagues

Thanks, that did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Go to your player list. In the dropdown menu where you can select your view, click "Customize." Under the "General" tab, all the way to the right, you can select the personality ratings. The screenshot you mention was sorted by Leadership Ability.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #50
phenom
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.K View Post
I prefer a real tight-ass manager!
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #51
Shadoshryke
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If you read the personalities of the players, that will likely give you an indication. If the text sounds like he might be a troublemaker, then you gotta value his worth on the team
It can be time consuming, but this is a major key to this. I like to go through the Players List and look under editor at each player for the ones with higher controversy and lower morale ratings. You can figure out where people will have issues based on their Personality traits.

Once you get the figured out, you can look at who has the highest Leadership traits. If you don't have someone at least at 80 or better, in Leadership, you will have the higher controversy and lower "handle ...." giving your team issues. This can result in fights in the Bullpen/Dugout, or on the field, that put players in suspensions during a game.

Last edited by Shadoshryke; 04-14-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Shadoshryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:32 PM   #52
THEMURPH
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoshryke View Post
It can be time consuming, but this is a major key to this. I like to go through the Players List and look under editor at each player for the ones with higher controversy and lower morale ratings. You can figure out where people will have issues based on their Personality traits.

Once you get the figured out, you can look at who has the highest Leadership traits. If you don't have someone at least at 80 or better, in Leadership, you will have the higher controversy and lower "handle ...." giving your team issues. This can result in fights in the Bullpen/Dugout, or on the field, that put players in suspensions during a game.
I am new to this game, so the higher the number the better. 80 being about average?
THEMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:18 PM   #53
Kronos
Major Leagues

Quote:
Just bumping this up, I had a few guys with bad attitudes on my team and the problem didn't go away with sending them to AAA, it only did when I A) traded them or B) DFA'd them.

So I guess the 40 is the clubhouse.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:58 AM   #54
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

What if you're only the manager. Do you have to hope and pray that the AI GM will remove the problem?
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #55
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

I finally had to just turn off the personality and morale systems ... I thought this would be an interesting feature, but just don't believe its been implemented correctly. I know some on here haven't seemed to have a problem with it, but I have and it's taken away from my enjoyment of the game. I've had several instances that weren't hard to figure out, but others that really weren't clear, some that were contradictory in terms of their ratings and a few that were just downright ridiculous. I guess I get OOTP for baseball, not soap opera drama. I know, I know, this is a part of the real baseball world, but I think in the real world it becomes pretty clear pretty quickly where your problems are and you don't have to spend an inordinate amount of time puzzling it out. Just my two cents. Maybe I'll try it again when I see updates that the feature has been adapted somewhat. I know there are some here who will slag me for not thinking OOTP is perfect, but oh well. OOTP is THE greatest sim game ever - by far - but I've never found it perfect. I guess I won't feel cheated if I play without a feature I don't feel works properly. I've gone for many years without it before this anyway
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #56
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsusedtorule View Post
I know there are some here who will slag me for not thinking OOTP is perfect, but oh well. OOTP is THE greatest sim game ever - by far - but I've never found it perfect. I guess I won't feel cheated if I play without a feature I don't feel works properly. I've gone for many years without it before this anyway
No one's going to get on your case for that. We all agree that OOTP isn't perfect (if it was perfect, it couldn't keep getting better, after all). Some of the backlash that you see around here is directed at people who COMPLAIN that OOTP isn't perfect. Whether that's warranted or not is another point entirely, but no one's going to bash you for saying "I don't like X" or "I don't think Y is implemented properly", and you shouldn't be afraid of doing so - OOTP thrives off its user feedback.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #57
Dr.K
Major Leagues

What about your manager? Is he good with veterans? Or kids? I tried to sign some free agents recently and they would not come due to personality clash with the manager. I then checked the manager - nothing wrong with the guy - except my team was a veteran team. Changed manager to one who was good with veterans and that seemed to do the trick. No more laziness complaints- and I do have "me" guys on the team. There must be a hidden "handle veteran" rating somewhere. Check manager personality as well as player personality.
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #58
majesty95
All Star Starter

I forgot about this thread and created another complaining about this lol. Yeah it draining. Especially on a losing team. I figured a young, controlling Sparky Anderson would be better at handling this stuff. But then again I think he was better at handling rookies in real life. Sigh. Guess I need to look for a new manager...
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:00 PM   #59
Lou Gehrig
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I finally had to just turn off the personality and morale systems ... I thought this would be an interesting feature, but just don't believe its been implemented correctly. I know some on here haven't seemed to have a problem with it, but I have and it's taken away from my enjoyment of the game. I've had several instances that weren't hard to figure out, but others that really weren't clear, some that were contradictory in terms of their ratings and a few that were just downright ridiculous. I guess I get OOTP for baseball, not soap opera drama. I know, I know, this is a part of the real baseball world, but I think in the real world it becomes pretty clear pretty quickly where your problems are and you don't have to spend an inordinate amount of time puzzling it out. Just my two cents. Maybe I'll try it again when I see updates that the feature has been adapted somewhat. I know there are some here who will slag me for not thinking OOTP is perfect, but oh well. OOTP is THE greatest sim game ever - by far - but I've never found it perfect. I guess I won't feel cheated if I play without a feature I don't feel works properly. I've gone for many years without it before this anyway
With the variety of game settings you can customize your game to your personal preference. No one will fault you for that.

Is OOTP perfect? Not at all, far from it.
Does it have bugs? Sure it does but the team is working on it with the help of the community input.
Is it the best baseball sim available? Absolutely!

I am not aware of anyone in this forum who thinks the game is perfect. That doesn't mean we have to agree with every "complaint" that's posted. I think that's what you have seen. Enjoy the game!
July 4, 1939

www.alsa.org
Lou Gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #60
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I finally had to just turn off the personality and morale systems ... I thought this would be an interesting feature, but just don't believe its been implemented correctly.
I have personality and morale on but don't get any clubhouse stuff. I think a different setting (Owners's goals??) is the cause of your problem. Whatever it is, you may be blaming the wrong module.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote