Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-10-2015, 01:31 PM   #21
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidwerd View Post
So, how do you get your asst GM to send you updates? Am I missing something in the setup or Manager's office settings?
I'd be curious to know that as well
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:31 PM   #22
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

I bet it's Hernandez...or perhaps a combo.

My money is on removing Hernandez...simming for a while and then checking the clubhouse chemistry again. If it doesn't change then look at your two relievers.

In my experience thus far if you read the player personality blurb it's pretty easy to weed out the troublemaker(s).
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #23
Steve509
Minors (Double A)

I apologize, it isn't my assistant GM delivering the message, but it's my bench coach that is telling me about my clubhouse atmosphere. I receive these messages by default, and after looking through the settings I couldn't find which one allows these messages. The best bet is receiving all the updates from "News subscriptions" in your managers news and mail.

Looking at the message again the bench coach tells me that we have our share of selfish and lazy players which would indicate loyalty/greed and work ethic issues if I'm not mistaken. However, I think for the most part winning creates a better environment which minor problems get swept under the rug, and losing just exacerbates the low team morale and chemistry into the difficulties you're facing in your clubhouse now.

Last edited by Steve509; 04-10-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Steve509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:59 PM   #24
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

I really do like the idea of this feature, but its implementation needs some work. You shouldn't have to go through every player individually and then make a guess at which one might be the issue. Maybe that would be the case with a whole locker room of troublemakers, but if it's one or two players, it shouldn't be an intensive process to try and figure it out.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #25
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I really do like the idea of this feature, but its implementation needs some work. You shouldn't have to go through every player individually and then make a guess at which one might be the issue. Maybe that would be the case with a whole locker room of troublemakers, but if it's one or two players, it shouldn't be an intensive process to try and figure it out.
As I said, I don't think it is a lot of work...read your player personalities...in my experience it's pretty obvious.

I guess the real question for me is this more flavor text or how big is the actual impact to the players/team.

Then it becomes a question of should 1 disruptive player be able to bring down a team or impact it's performance to the extent that it's notable?

I would hope more often then not it takes a few bad personality guys to warrant a report of bad team chemistry.
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #26
Kronos
Major Leagues

I'd trade the guy who won't "name names", ugh...dude is making at least six figures and is acting like an elementary school wheeze, name names or shut your pie hole!
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #27
sqidwerd
Minors (Single A)

Hate to beat a dead horse. But...

Name:  overview.PNG
Views: 1593
Size:  79.0 KB

Every player in the Active roster window is "upset that the club lacks veteran leadership".

Name:  pitchingtab.PNG
Views: 1592
Size:  38.4 KB

Every player in the Pitching or Lineup tab is "upset that outspoken players are dragging the team down".

I seem to have multiple issues but where would I go to see these issues listed in one place?

Oh, this team is in first btw, so maybe all this is mute anyway, but still.

Last edited by sqidwerd; 04-10-2015 at 06:53 PM.
sqidwerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:52 PM   #28
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
i agree, someone should be able to say what is going on in the clubhouse. Seems like something the bench coach could point out. This is done in another sports game i play. And i would like to see a him or me email from the player. This would especially come to play when you start negotiating extensions. i can see a player saying i don't want to play hear if this player or these players are on the team.

Here are some examples of some incident reports.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:20 PM   #29
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Figure out which player it is and then release them.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #30
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
Figure out which player it is and then release them.
Is this your way of letting us know you didn't read the thread?
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #31
BMD
All Star Reserve

I like the fact the game does not come right out and explain what is definatively causing the problem. If the email said that player X is a problem so you need to do this or that to remedy it, what fun would that be?
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #32
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

It isn't particularly difficult to find the troublemaker

If you get rid of the right guy, the game lets you know.

Last edited by Roy Tucker; 04-10-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #33
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
If you get rid of the right guy, the game lets you know.
Good to see that. I haven't encountered this in my game yet (apparently my locker room's pretty darn good), so just going off of what other people posted, it seemed like a crapshoot.

It still seems like there could be a bit more pointing you in the right direction, but those screenshots make it look a lot better than I was thinking.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:00 PM   #34
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD View Post
I like the fact the game does not come right out and explain what is definatively causing the problem. If the email said that player X is a problem so you need to do this or that to remedy it, what fun would that be?
In the game, if i was told that two players didn't like each other. It might be easy to figure out where the issue is. But, in God mode, i'm looking at a team where the entire team (each individual player) lists under morale that they don't like the bickering.

IRL, a manager or someone would know at very least what player was causing trouble. And, if a player, was bothered enough to say something was wrong, he would tell what player he had a problem with.

The challenge is then what to do with the troublemaker. What if your troublemaker is one of your best players? How do you handle it when Reggie Jackson and Thurman Munson don't like each other?

Incidentally, that team that all the players were upset by the bickering won the championship. So the bickering can be more annoying than anything.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:10 PM   #35
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

lol you guys are making this harder than it should be.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:23 PM   #36
majesty95
All Star Starter

I think you are assuming it's just one guy. From your initial post I imagined it being multiple players and no leadership. I don't yjknk removing one guy will fix it. It might need to be s combo of additions and subtractions
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:19 AM   #37
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

OK, so what's the answer. Because I haven't found one in the game I'm playing. The scenario I'm faced with is entirely too vague as far as the complaints, but runs through the entire team. After spending the entire day messing around with the problem, there is nothing - zero - remaining on the team I'm controlling that would raise a red flag in regards to clubhouse unrest. I've purchased OOTP since 7 and today is probably the most frustrating situation I've ever had with the game (other than what turned out to be bugs). I understand the feature and actually think it adds realism when presented correctly, but if its going to be like the situation I've been dealing with, it needs some work.
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:30 AM   #38
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

OK, so this is ridiculous. I traded Robert Machado after spring training since he was out of options, probably wouldn't get through waivers and I was keeping 2 other catchers on ML roster. And, shazam, I get an email from the players saying they are sure glad to see him go and everyone's morale and attitude is just peachy. Sooooo, the clubhouse problem the entire previous season was all due to one Robert Machado - WHO WAS NEVER IN THE CLUBHOUSE!!! He was in the freaking minors from day one! What the hell - was he constantly on the phone calling the clubhouse and disturbing the card games?

C'mon man ...
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:44 AM   #39
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Bickering in clubhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsusedtorule View Post
OK, so what's the answer. Because I haven't found one in the game I'm playing. The scenario I'm faced with is entirely too vague as far as the complaints, but runs through the entire team. After spending the entire day messing around with the problem, there is nothing - zero - remaining on the team I'm controlling that would raise a red flag in regards to clubhouse unrest. I've purchased OOTP since 7 and today is probably the most frustrating situation I've ever had with the game (other than what turned out to be bugs). I understand the feature and actually think it adds realism when presented correctly, but if its going to be like the situation I've been dealing with, it needs some work.

You cant fix everything. You said the team is winning so it doesn't matter at the moment, you'll probably have trouble resigning some of the players but that would probably be the only negative as of now since you are winning (Rondo vs Ray Allen & Doc Rivers)

If its not the players, then maybe its time to bring in a manager who can control the morale but everything isn't suppose to have a quick fix..

Edit- I would report that the minor league player are bringing morale down on the MLB roster.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 04-12-2015 at 05:46 AM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:29 AM   #40
Kronos
Major Leagues

Was he on the 40 man roster? wondering if the game considers that to be the club house instead of the active roster.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote