Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #21
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Sorry there's not a skinofchoice folder - I meant to just pick the folder for whatever skin you want to use. Maybe that wasn't clear. As far as the skin file, I usually just delete it instead of renaming it, but in any case I always see a new one created the next time I restart.
I see, I wasn't clear on what you meant by "skinofchoice".

There are no images folder anywhere under the entire game. Take a look, do I have the path wrong?
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #22
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

I think you need to make sure to download (and install) the skin files from Add-Ons Central. You click once to download, then again to install them. I put a picture in my last post to show what my files look like.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:19 AM   #23
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
I did this for my ootp 16 skin, and looked for the path you're referring to, and I don't see a "skinofchoice" folder. I also do not see where it rebuilt the skin after renaming the old skin. I tried closing and restarting the game, and also changing to another skin, shutting down, restarting and changing back to ootp 16, and I still see nothing rebuilding. Am I missing something here?

Attachment 391093
EDIT: A nod to my newest hero Peregrine, who beat me to the punch. I now return to burning incense in his honor . . .

Chuck, did you actually download the skins? Looks like you did not. The skin.bin file that comes with the game is filled with just defaults. You need to download and install the skin(s) in Add-On Central in order to be able to work with them. Here's what what of them looks like, installed:
Attached Images

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 03-27-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Déjà Bru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #24
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you need to make sure to download (and install) the skin files from Add-Ons Central. You click once to download, then again to install them. I put a picture in my last post to show what my files look like.
That's the first thing I did, well, after renaming the skin file to oldskin.

Name:  2015-03-27_10-19-30.png
Views: 338
Size:  59.8 KB
Old 03-27-2015, 10:23 AM   #25
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
EDIT: A nod to my newest hero Peregrine, who beat me to the punch. I now return to burning incense in his honor . . .

Chuck, did you actually download the skins? Looks like you did not. The skin.bin file that comes with the game is filled with just defaults. You need to download and install the skin(s) in Add-On Central in order to be able to work with them. Here's what what of them looks like, installed:
I just clicked to install them from within the game itself, and you see the result I posted: nothing. Should I go to Windows Explorer and manually extract the .gz file to the proper path? Is it not possible for the game to do that itself?
Old 03-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #26
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

I didn't need to take that step but honestly I'm not sure why the files didn't install for you. You could try installing manually. Also as a test maybe install one of the other skins and see if it works? They all worked flawlessly for me.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #27
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just clicked to install them from within the game itself, and you see the result I posted: nothing. Should I go to Windows Explorer and manually extract the .gz file to the proper path? Is it not possible for the game to do that itself?
Go into each skin folder and delete the "skin.bin" file

Then start OOTP - it will rebuild the skin file and you'll be good to go. (Do so for each skin)

OOTP will say "Not responding" sometimes when doing that, just be patient and ignore it for a couple minutes.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #28
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I see why. Chuck, compare your screen print to mine. You are at the skins root folder level with your skins.bin file, not actually in one of the skin folders themselves.

- Bru

Old 03-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #29
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I see why. Chuck, compare your screen print to mine. You are at the skins root folder level with your skins.bin file, not actually in one of the skin folders themselves.
Each skin folder has its own skin.bin file.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #30
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

I just tried to reinstall from the game again, per the screenshot below, went back to check the folder once more, and still, nothing. Am I the only one on the planet this is happening to?

Name:  2015-03-27_10-25-34.png
Views: 324
Size:  89.7 KB
Old 03-27-2015, 10:29 AM   #31
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Each skin folder has its own skin.bin file.
Yes. I am wondering if somehow Chuck is not actually in one of those skin folders with his skin.bin file, for some reason.

- Bru

Old 03-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #32
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yes. I am wondering if somehow Chuck is not actually in one of those skin folders with his skin.bin file, for some reason.
Well the fact that he is not seeing any of the subfolders like images tells me something didn't happen right with the installer.

Is it possible they installed somewhere else?
Old 03-27-2015, 10:34 AM   #33
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am in the exact same place: Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\data\skins\ootp 16. You can see that in my post: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3839412

Last edited by chucksabr; 03-27-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:35 AM   #34
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

I had issues installing the skin files and what I discovered the issue was was the Windows UAC, I didn't have permissions to write the files. I manually extracted the skin files and it asked me to give permission to write them and I said 'yes' and it worked (wondering if I ran OOTP with admin would this have worked?).

I renamed the skin.bin and when I started OOTP16 it didn't recreate it. I then ran OOTP16 as admin and it did recreate it.

So thinking I have to turn off UAC (I've done that in previous versions of windows because it was a PIA) and/or run OOTP16 as Admin.

Last edited by byzeil; 03-27-2015 at 10:37 AM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:35 AM   #35
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Chuck maybe best at this point to just manually extract the files from the .tar file you downloaded - and see if it works after that.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:37 AM   #36
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well the fact that he is not seeing any of the subfolders like images tells me something didn't happen right with the installer.

Is it possible they installed somewhere else?
If they are installed somewhere else, it is not anywhere under Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments, because I have searched under that path for any folder or file called "colours", and:

Name:  2015-03-27_10-33-15.png
Views: 322
Size:  55.7 KB
Old 03-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #37
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am in the exact same place: Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\data\skins\ootp 16. You can see that in my post: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3839412
Yes, I see that but there is something strange about that screen print. The address in the window's title bar says:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\data\skins\ootp 16

but the highlight in the navigation window is on:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\data\skins

Your addresses, of course, are slightly different. I copied those locations from my windows.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 03-27-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #38
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Just out of curiosity, I tried to download the files as well, and I'm getting the same thing as Chuck. I don't get the proper files in the skin folders.

Which is weird, because I've most certainly done exactly this in the past with no issues.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:42 AM   #39
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chuck maybe best at this point to just manually extract the files from the .tar file you downloaded - and see if it works after that.
OK, I just tried this, and this is what I get: 2,846 errors.

Name:  2015-03-27_10-41-47.png
Views: 306
Size:  83.7 KB
Old 03-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #40
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Maybe take a look at Byzeil's suggestion a few posts back about Windows UAC and admin mode?

Fyrestorm - so we can replicate the issue - but again, weird since I installed them this morning (around 8:45 eastern) with no issues.