Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
Victor
Minors (Single A)

Can we change the custom award icon?

I don't see anywhere within the game where you can change the new icons. Is there a way to do this, that I may be missing? Thanks for any help.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

It's in the skin folder, IIRC. You'd have to download the skin files, edit it, saving the original copy of course, then rename your skin.bin file oldskin.bin and let the game rebuild the skin next time it starts.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

a bit off topic... but how exactly do you assign a custom award? is it done from the DB itself?
X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
a bit off topic... but how exactly do you assign a custom award? is it done from the DB itself?
League Settings -> Options, same place you can change the names of the other awards.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
It's in the skin folder, IIRC. You'd have to download the skin files, edit it, saving the original copy of course, then rename your skin.bin file oldskin.bin and let the game rebuild the skin next time it starts.
Pretty much what endgame said here - the trick is you need to download the skin files for your skin of choice from Add-Ons Central before you can do anything. Once you do that you can find the icons in /data/skins/skinofchoice/images. From there you can edit, or create new ones - the main trick is any new files have to be saved as .png to work, and of course keeping the naming convention (replacement should be award_custom.png.)

I tweaked the colors of some of mine and added a new custom award, it will look something like this after you're done.

As endgame said, rename or erase your skin.bin file and restart the game should do it. You can also do it by switching to a different skin and back, but if you do it this way make sure you restart the game as otherwise some weird things happen.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #6
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Nice job PEREGRINE!!! Any chance you can make these available - I like the colors. What is your Custom award for?? Best stirrips?
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #7
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

I use it for the Golden Spikes - basically best base stealer.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #8
Victor
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the help guys, got it to work. For some reason, i have to run the game as administrator for the new icons to show.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:34 AM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Pretty much what endgame said here - the trick is you need to download the skin files for your skin of choice from Add-Ons Central before you can do anything. Once you do that you can find the icons in /data/skins/skinofchoice/images. From there you can edit, or create new ones - the main trick is any new files have to be saved as .png to work, and of course keeping the naming convention (replacement should be award_custom.png.)

I tweaked the colors of some of mine and added a new custom award, it will look something like this after you're done.

As endgame said, rename or erase your skin.bin file and restart the game should do it. You can also do it by switching to a different skin and back, but if you do it this way make sure you restart the game as otherwise some weird things happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
Nice job PEREGRINE!!! Any chance you can make these available - I like the colors. What is your Custom award for?? Best stirrips?
Peregrine, I join asaintsfan in requesting: Would you want to post those here and/or on OOPTMODS.com?

You would earn undying gratitude and continuing remembrance and recognition. Years ago, Bobble created player mood icons that I still use to this day (and have to reload after each patch, but still a labor of love . . .)

I burn incense in Bobble's honor every day (not really, but I should). How about you joining my pantheon of heroes?

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:50 AM   #10
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Can I please third the request? (or fourth, or fifth, or whatever)???

Or at least post a couple more replies and attach each image separately so I could just copy it?
Old 03-27-2015, 12:51 AM   #11
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:

You really should make that available as a mod.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:31 AM   #12
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Yeah I think I will - have already sent it out to a few people who asked but a mod would be easier.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #13
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

I submitted it for inclusion on ootpmods.com so hopefully should be up there sometime soon.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #14
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I submitted it for inclusion on ootpmods.com so hopefully should be up there sometime soon.
Don't do it! You'll knock me off the pedestal Bru made for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I burn incense in Bobble's honor every day (not really, but I should). How about you joining my pantheon of heroes?

Bobble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #15
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Oh no Bobble's gone loopy from Bru's incense!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:46 AM   #16
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No worries. You'll always have mine. Time for a revival of the mood icons?
Old 03-27-2015, 10:11 AM   #17
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Guys like you two make this a great community. Thanks.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:14 AM   #18
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Quote:

Please share those, they look beautiful!
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #19
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I did this for my ootp 16 skin, and looked for the path you're referring to, and I don't see a "skinofchoice" folder. I also do not see where it rebuilt the skin after renaming the old skin. I tried closing and restarting the game, and also changing to another skin, shutting down, restarting and changing back to ootp 16, and I still see nothing rebuilding. Am I missing something here?

Name:  2015-03-27_10-06-13.png
Views: 1046
Size:  61.5 KB
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:12 AM   #20
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Sorry there's not a skinofchoice folder - I meant to just pick the folder for whatever skin you want to use. Maybe that wasn't clear. As far as the skin file, I usually just delete it instead of renaming it, but in any case I always see a new one created the next time I restart. Make sure you are deleting or renaming the file in the /data/skins/ootp 16 (in your case) folder and not in any of the subfolders.

In your screenshot I don't see the same files as I do - did you download the skin files from Add-ons central?

Last edited by Peregrine; 03-27-2015 at 11:16 AM.