Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #61
GoBucsGo
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
Okay....That's it! I'm ditching this game! That is blasphemous!!!!!
What's crazy is, 3 years later, Freddie Freeman won the NL MVP, the Pirates were in the NLCS against the Cubs and Cutch was sitting in the free agent pool ater 2 subpar years with Atlanta and Washington..

I guess in the end, the trade me a helluva lot of sense. Sure doesn't mean I liked it though lol
Old 03-24-2015, 02:39 PM   #62
Leefoo
Major Leagues

GBucs...My first few OOTP seasons, I just played Historical. With 13, I played my first Bucs replay. Cutch left via FA and I traded for a CF. With 14, I ended up putting Marte in CF, Cutch did so poorly. In 15 and this version so far, he has been an MVP.

Gerrit Cole has been up and down, also. Two years ago, both he and Taillon washed out. But, so far, with '16, Cole has been very good. I brought Taillon up after I traded away everyone at the deadline. He was lights out and has been this year, so far. He and Cole are both in the mid 70s in ratings.

FYI: I made Jeff Locke a reliever. He has been awesome and went from a 20/26 to a 50 reliever and his ERA is below 2.00. However, Kang has only hit .220 for me over a year and a half. Glasnow is down to a 27/60. I don't need him right now, so I made him a reliever. He has been horrible. Looks like a washout. I hope real life doesn't follow OOTP....lol

It is fun to see how these things play out.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #63
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

So this just happened... what an AWFUL trade. I am not saying the trading is always awful but more times then none I notice ridiculous trades such as this. I naturally undid this trade (still want a commish veto option) and deleted the log of this trade happening in all the players involved histories.

This is the only section you can find the trade, anyway to delete it from there as well so it was like it completely did not happen?

Not sure the AI logic even on this trade? As Tigers are in win now and obviously don't have the strongest pitching after losing Scherzer and Porcello.

EDIT: Not sure why my attachments always show up so big... I don't mess with the scaling or anything...?
Attached Images

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 03-24-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added image size question
Old 03-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #64
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
So this just happened... what an AWFUL trade. I am not saying the trading is always awful but more times then none I notice ridiculous trades such as this. I naturally undid this trade (still want a commish veto option) and deleted the log of this trade happening in all the players involved histories.

This is the only section you can find the trade, anyway to delete it from there as well so it was like it completely did not happen?

Not sure the AI logic even on this trade? As Tigers are in win now and obviously don't have the strongest pitching after losing Scherzer and Porcello.

EDIT: Not sure why my attachments always show up so big... I don't mess with the scaling or anything...?
What kind of prospect is Mieses?
Old 03-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #65
Harry_BallSack
Minors (Triple A)

Location: Was NJ, Then FL, Then IL, Then VA, Now Natick, MA !
1965 Someone just put Roberto Clemente on the trading block and I traded 4 star Stan Williams (RP) for him 1for1. I guess they will use Williams as a closer/stopper but it is 1965. I dunno Clemente is great.
Playing Sim ball since Microleague Baseball on my C64 in Highschool, Then Front Page Sports (some Earl Weaver on the Amiga in there as well) and finally made the shift to OOTP around version 2. Been here ever since

The Original Atlantic City Gambler and Daytona Beach Fatboy Owner.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #66
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post

I see your from Michigan. We Tiger fans might be begging for that type of deal if Verlander continue his downward spiral this season. Dude has to learn to pitch now that his velocity is decreasing. I just don't know if he is smart enough to do so. Everytime I hear him speak it sounds like he still thinks he's a 96+ flamethrower. 3 mil might be a gift if it means we're out from under that huge contract. But, let's just hope he's 100% healthy, focused and lights out this season.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:47 PM   #67
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
What kind of prospect is Mieses?
He's a RF. Might I also add the Dodgers are stacked with their starting pitching why would they want a 28 million dollar JV?
Attached Images
Old 03-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #68
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I see your from Michigan. We Tiger fans might be begging for that type of deal if Verlander continue his downward spiral this season. Dude has to learn to pitch now that his velocity is decreasing. I just don't know if he is smart enough to do so. Everytime I hear him speak it sounds like he still thinks he's a 96+ flamethrower. 3 mil might be a gift if it means we're out from under that huge contract. But, let's just hope he's 100% healthy, focused and lights out this season.
Yeah I am from Michigan, but not by choice haha. I agree about Verlander needing to stay focused and step his game up but I mean come on... neither team would actually make this deal... well maybe LA would but it doesn't make sense with the pitching they have and the tag on JV's contract.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:05 PM   #69
BMD
All Star Reserve

The problem here is the AI is too smart for us mere humans. It has no choice but being so. It obviously does not understand these ridiculous contracts. The kind of guaranteed money Verlander is set to make has the AI in a panic. The AI is trying to do anything it can to move these albatrosses. Perhaps the AI should be re-written to believe that if it does not keep these silly contracts in order to make the owner happy in the very short term, it will lose it's job, will not be able to pay its mortgage, and can't buy his kids the new GI Joe with the Kung fu grip for Christmas.

Also, the AI has no idea that by trading Verlander to LA they would also be losing Kate Upton hanging around the ole ball park from time to time.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #70
BMD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucsGo View Post
What's crazy is, 3 years later, Freddie Freeman won the NL MVP, the Pirates were in the NLCS against the Cubs and Cutch was sitting in the free agent pool ater 2 subpar years with Atlanta and Washington..

I guess in the end, the trade me a helluva lot of sense. Sure doesn't mean I liked it though lol
How is Austin Meadows doing?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #71
injury log
Hall Of Famer

I don't understand what's wrong with the Verlander trade. Detroit is unloading a $28 million per year salary commitment that extends to 2019. For $28 million, you can buy James Shields, Luke Gregerson and have money left over. Verlander hasn't been worth $28m for two seasons now, and there's little reason to think he will be in the future.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #72
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Injury Log.....From the Tiger side it makes more sense. Not so sure from the LA side.

--------------
Hockey...I am in agreement with you. Maybe Detroit should've taken on more salary?

----------------
BMD...I don't know how he is doing in Bucs' league, but in my league, he is a 46/76 OFer at Indy and is clamoring to come north. But where do I put him? Cutch, Marte and Polanco are all doing well.

And OOTP has been kind to Lambo and Decker, too. I have no room for him.

Maybe I can trade one of those 3 OFers after the season? But which one?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:56 PM   #73
BMD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
BMD...I don't know how he is doing in Bucs' league, but in my league, he is a 46/76 OFer at Indy and is clamoring to come north. But where do I put him? Cutch, Marte and Polanco are all doing well.

And OOTP has been kind to Lambo and Decker, too. I have no room for him.

Maybe I can trade one of those 3 OFers after the season? But which one?
Might I suggest trading Cutch to Atlanta for Freeman and cash.

Leefoo, am I correct in assuming you are the same Lee from the Trib boards?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #74
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Go look up the Doug Fister trade in real life. It's worse and crazier than anything anyone has listed here.

And as I say every year, all of you who are complaining about the trade engine being too easy please immediately go change your trade settings under Game Settings/AI Settings to "very hard" and "heavily favor prospects" like you are supposed to. You will never have a complaint to make about the trade AI being easy ever again. Thank you.
Hmm not sure about this setting, as NYY, The Dodgers would be willing to trade Kershaw for my three top prospects.... 100% unrealistic.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:27 PM   #75
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Set your trading difficulty to "very hard," people.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:33 PM   #76
lejdot
Minors (Single A)

I dont see an issue with the Verlander trade, dumping salary makes sense and the Dodgers get a name and an arm.

If Detroit needs some contractual wiggle room and they dont project themselves into a race long term, the deal, while it looks horrible on paper, may let them keep some players for some term.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:43 PM   #77
majesty95
All Star Starter

I agree with the Verlander trade being possible. Its not something you see very often, especially in baseball. But it happens. There was a guy in a league I used to play in that would package a prospect with an overpriced veteran just to dump his salary. He went on to win 3-straight World Series.

Sometimes unconventional is the best method to take.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #78
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

I'm sympathetic with OP. I've set my trading difficulty on normal, and I seem to be getting nothing but terrible trades offered to me by the AI. At the very least, the returns in the shop around are considerably worse than in previous editions of the game. Easy is too easy, and there's virtually no point trading on hard and very hard. I've been getting pretty decent results with average and "favor veterans" though I completely ignore CPU offered trades though because 99% of them are absolute jokes. Further more, much like previous versions of the game, the AI still overvalues draft picks.

Last edited by greenOak; 03-24-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:05 PM   #79
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenOak View Post
Further more, much like previous versions of the game, the AI still overvalues draft picks.
MLB doesn't trade picks.

Plus, outside of the first 20 picks or so, all draft picks are lottery tickets. It's a crapshoot. There's almost no difference in value between pick 100 and pick 500. The AI knows this and values accordingly. It will take a chance on 7.5 cost controlled seasons and 38 career WAR vs. a human player offering magic beans.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #80
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
MLB doesn't trade picks.

Plus, outside of the first 20 picks or so, all draft picks are lottery tickets. It's a crapshoot. There's almost no difference in value between pick 100 and pick 500. The AI knows this and values accordingly. It will take a chance on 7.5 cost controlled seasons and 38 career WAR vs. a human player offering magic beans.
Um I'm well aware the MLB doesn't trade picks, but draft pick trading is still a feature in the game. Also, the problem isn't related to the relative value of draft picks. The problem is that the AI is too willing to give up assets in exchange for what are essentially garbage draft picks (especially 2nd and 3rd round picks), and not willing enough to give said draft picks in exchange for good assets. Moreover, try trading for the 30th overall pick in OOTP and see what you have to give up for what is an unspectacular pick.

I mean look at these trade offers (Normal/normal projection, 100% accurate scouting)

Take a look at these reactions:

55/71, 26 year old SS, 507K salary, in exchange for the CPU's 3rd round pick: "That's a very bad deal for us"
67/70, 25 year old SP, 507K salary, in exchange for the CPU's 3rd round pick: "That's not a good deal for us"
21/55, 20 year old 2B, 2nd round pick this year for the CPU's 3rd round pick: "That's not a fair deal for us"
20/75, 18 year old SP, 2nd overall pick a year ago for the CPU's 3rd round pick: "OK I'll have to think about this"

All these should be slam dunk deals for the AI to accept. The expected WAR of the first two players is way way above the expected WAR of a 3rd round pick. The third is basically a 2nd rounder for a 3rd rounder, and the foruth is essentially the 2nd overall pick for a 3rd rounder.

Oh and that doesn't even get into the cases that the AI is unwilling to give up their 2nd round draft pick for a first round draft pick on normal settings. OOTP does a lot of things well, but draft pick trading is absolutely not one of them.

Last edited by greenOak; 03-24-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Closed Thread