Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:14 AM   #1081
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

With no feeders undrafted players are not moving to the FA pool after the draft is over. This is happening with a fictional indy league. But it also happens with the tests I've done with fictional MLB setups and all the different league types.

Also as I've posted before when setting up a non MLB fictional league with no inaugural draft the starting age of players in the FA pool is 26 regardless of minimum and maximum age settings.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #1082
smegma
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Three things I've noticed!

First, strategy settings for defensive substitutions either have no effect, or are themselves overridden when individual player strategy settings are set for the subs in question.

My team doesn't steal a lot of bases, but Jarrod Dyson is our fourth outfielder. He's scheduled to relieve Coco Crisp in center if it's the ninth inning and we're ahead by one—but Dyson's individual strategy is to steal, steal, steal, and he's all the time coming into the game during the seventh and eighth.

Second: When defensive subs arise naturally (my left fielder is hit by a pitch and has to depart, so Dyson pinch runs), the computer makes no effort to piece together the optimal defensive lineup. So while we'd be far better served with Crisp playing left and Dyson taking over center, the AI will plug Dyson into left field ipso facto and be done with it. This isn't a bug so much as maybe an oversight or even intentional exclusion, but I would love to see it rectified.

Lastly. I always manage the All-Star Game, put it into the AI's hands, uncheck the "Pause between plays" box, and kick back. It's awesome! But I personally would prefer it if the road team actually wore their road uniforms in the player photos. Presently everyone wears white! It is this close to being ravishing.

I also think it'd be cool if you guys banged out a pitch framing mechanic divorced from catcher ability (since pitch framing is substantially more impactful than double play turning), and it would amuse me greatly if certain starters gained varying degrees of velocity when moved to the bullpen, but now I'm pontificating.

Thank you for everything you do.
smegma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #1083
giantsfan777
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure if this is a bug because I'm a little hazy on the rules here (in reality) so correct away if I'm wrong.

When spring training begins everyone from my 40-man roster gets dumped onto my spring training team. Players with minor league contracts get major league contracts and, if they are eligible to do so, refuse reassignment at the end of spring training.

I'm a huge baseball fan, but I can't remember exactly how this works in real life. I was under the impression that plenty of non-major-league contract players could come to spring training and then be sent back to their teams without getting contracts.

Either way, I would like for the game to not just stick all of the 40-man roster players onto the spring squad so that I can keep the players who are out of options sequestered (in case that actually is how the rule works)

Anyways, not sure if this is a bug or a feature but I thought it should get brought up either way because it's frustrating.
giantsfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:35 PM   #1084
skoormit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Morse, one problem is that rain delays will sometimes occur in the middle of an at-bat. So, after the delay, the pitcher has to complete the at-bat. IRL, delays usually occur between batters (or half-innings). At least, I think so.
This is incorrect.

In normal (non-delayed) play, a pitcher is only required to finish an at-bat if there was a mound visit during the at-bat (including before the first pitch of the at-bat), or if this is the first batter this pitcher has faced since entering the game, or if the pitcher had begun his warmup pitches to start an inning.

Even if one of those situations applies when resuming play from a rain delay, I *believe* the rules for resuming play after a rain delay specifically allow substituting the pitcher.
skoormit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:05 PM   #1085
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Edit, double post (see post on 4/27 at 748 PM CT, USA)

Last edited by MKG1734; 04-27-2015 at 09:49 PM.
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #1086
TLB1975
Major Leagues

Not sure if this is a bug or a simple storyline error:

Player I drafted chose not to sign. This is the quote from the e-mail:

"Bernando Contreras has just informed you that he is still not satisfied with your offer and has no intentions to negotiate any further! He will not sign, continue education, and re-enter the draft next year."

Contreras is a 19 yr old high school player. Therefore he will not be eligible for the draft for three more years instead of next year, as is said in the storyline. Small, small, detail, but still not correct.

Thanks
TLB1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #1087
zasman213
Minors (Single A)

Issues with game

I purchased OOTP 16 a few weeks ago. It was working fine on my old computer... no problems at all. Now, I just got a new computer, and it won't work at all.

I'll click on creating a new custom game, and it will get to about 7% in the load, and then a message will pop up saying "OOTP Baseball 16 has stopped working" and it will force me to close the program.

I attached a screenshot. Does anyone know what's wrong? I've tried everything -- resetting my computer, uninstalling it and installing it again, none of it works!
Attached Images
zasman213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #1088
George_Bell
All Star Starter

The game i use for my dynasty is freezing in the draft screen. I have it saved a few days before, but cannot advance past the first year player draft.

The draft takes place after the season on November 1st. When i click on the actual draft screen, it shows as the 1st supplemental round is next, and the supplemental round order, not the first round or first round order.

IS this something that can be fixed by me sending my file, or something i can do?

If you guys need more details, then I obviously can provide them.

Thanks

Last edited by George_Bell; 04-27-2015 at 07:39 PM.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #1089
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Minor glitch

Latest version of game. Mac OS, all current updates. Imac 11,3 if it makes a difference. Did not stop the game, merely a small glitch.
Attached Images

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:34 PM   #1090
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this has been reported before, if it has then I'm sorry.

I just switched managers. My previous manager allowed me to mess with the player strategies and I set a few players to be forced into a few positions. My new manager doesn't allow for player strategy changes, which isn't a bug, but it doesn't seem to erase those previous ones yet still follow them. For instance it still forced my previous CF to be a CF until I went in as commissioner and removed all those forced starts. Immediately he was moved out of the position for someone else so obviously it was still following the set player strategies.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:36 PM   #1091
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

One bit of information I forgot, I did not hire the new manager, I moved him from being bench coach, in case it does erase them if a new manager is hired entirely.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #1092
pittsadelphia
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Mac crashing

Hello,
Whenever I try to start a new game, the game crashes on my Mac. Has anyone else had similar issues? I would attach the error report but I didn't know if that would be ok since it's so long.
pittsadelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:47 PM   #1093
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

OOTP v 16.4.17
Settings: default

Situation:
Bottom 9
Tie Score
1 Out
Runners 2nd and 3rd
AI team in the field, RHP on the mound

AI's decision making:
#1: Walk a quality LH to load the bases, creating a force at the plate as well as setting up possible double plays
#2: I pinch hit for my strikeout prone RH hitter with a contact LH hitter
#3: AI plays INF in, OF in

Thus far....the AI has played this situation correctly; however, this is where the AI decision error is made.

Batter hits a groundball to 1st baseman. 1st baseman flips to pitcher covering first. Batter is out; however, winning run scores.

Now....here is where it gets even more interesting..

The game log indicates the bases are loaded with one out. My hitter grounds a ball to 1st base (he was called out in the game's pbp) and it is ruled an infield single, with the winning run scoring. HOWEVER.......it then indicates he kept hitting as if he never hit his 'infield single' (that was ruled as an out in the pbp as the winning run scored) ... (I had to keep playing the game AFTER it said the winning run had scored [the bases remained loaded]) He then hit a foul ball, took a ball, and then hit ANOTHER single to left field and the same runner from third base scored AGAIN! Furthermore, adding to my most recent post, the box score indicates the hitter went 2-2 (while pinch hitting in the 9th....of a 9 inning game as the last hitter of the game)

Furthermore....how can I post the PBP, bc the PBP text indicated the batter grounded out and did not reach on an infield single. Also, per Mr. Heinsohn's statement (see corresponding thread below), the game's code should not produce this outcome with infield in and tying/winning run on 3B...so, essentially two bugs in one here.

See thread:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...wed-logic.html

**Please Note: The consensus on the forum seems to be that clicking 'next pitch' too quickly is the culprit. In my case, this is INCORRECT.
#1: There was no next pitch to click (the game was over)
#2: I immediately noticed that his occurred....left the game unchanged and posted the original post in this forum. Therefore, even if a next pitch was available, I stopped doing everything and posted on this forum before doing anything else in-game.

Then, AFTER creating the original post in this thread, I went back to the game and realized I had to keep playing. I didn't post this part because I didn't want to deal with the harassment after thinking about it further because I was not going to have time to post any information until today (which clearly occurred anyway).
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by MKG1734; 04-29-2015 at 11:25 AM.
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:45 AM   #1094
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Projected Balance - v15 vs v16 - what does it mean?

I originally posted this is the "General Discussion" thread, but now that I have added pictures in order to clarify my issue, I think it bears placing in the bug thread.

I have LINKED it HERE.

Hope that's OK?
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #1095
skoormit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB1975 View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or a simple storyline error:

Player I drafted chose not to sign. This is the quote from the e-mail:

"Bernando Contreras has just informed you that he is still not satisfied with your offer and has no intentions to negotiate any further! He will not sign, continue education, and re-enter the draft next year."

Contreras is a 19 yr old high school player. Therefore he will not be eligible for the draft for three more years instead of next year, as is said in the storyline. Small, small, detail, but still not correct.

Thanks
Is he going to a junior college instead of a 4-year school?

According to the MLB draft eligibility rules, players at junior colleges are eligible regardless of how many years they have completed.
skoormit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #1096
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

In some of the drop down lists for selecting different levels of leagues independent leagues are not represented. This example is fielding stats but it happens with many other drop down lists too.

Also when clicking career fielding stats it's not showing. It continues to only show the current year.

Last edited by ra7c7er; 04-28-2015 at 01:56 PM.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #1097
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

Wild Card playoff standings not correct

MLBD started as a historical league. We've added the 2d wild card along the way. This season, the first with OOTP16, it appears the game is calculating like there are 3 WC teams. The League Settings have not changed and only show 2. Also, it's not a function of the top two being tied as the NL has 3 teams tied for the WC with 3 different W-L records First pic is the playoff structure from league settings. Second is the current AL standings. Third is current NL standings

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM

Last edited by CT-Sox-Fan; 04-28-2015 at 02:31 PM.
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #1098
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Do errors pertinent to only individual players go here? If not, please move to the general forum.

1) Mets LHP Sean Gilmartin is listed as being in AAA when the game loads. Problem is, Gilmartin is a Rule 5 draftee, and shouldn't be allowed off the ML roster without having to go through waivers. (IRL, he started the season with the big club, for just this reason.) I went into the editor (using commissioner mode) to try to fix this, but I can't see any "Rule 5 draftee" flag to turn on. But I know the game enforces these rules; I've seen it in v15, complete with little pop-ups saying "so-and-so is a Rule 5 draftee and cannot be optioned without being DFA'd" (or whatever).

I haven't checked to see who were the other Rule 5 players from last year and see if this is happening with them as well; I only know about Gilmartin because of my Mets interest.

2) Former Angels trainer Ned Bergert was born in 1955, not 1965 as listed in the game. Also, he appears to be "a native" of Davenport IA (that's how he got the job with Quad Cities in 1975 while still in college), but I guess he could have been born in Willingboro Twnshp, NJ, as listed…I just haven't seen any data to support that. Random hometown generated by the game?

And the game lists him as having 7 years of experience; this is incorrect. Bergert was the Angels' head trainer from 1990-2010, that's 21 years in the bigs. (36 in the organization overall, which I guess is what we're looking for, right? Total years as a pro?)

Please correct this data error in the future. Thanks.

Also, former Brewers trainer Roger Caplinger should not be listed as "available". He's still under contract to Milwaukee, as their "Director of Athletic Medicine". (Presumably this means he's supervising the training staffs throughout the organization. Although I have NO idea how you could account for this in the AI; it's like scouting directors who get promoted to Director of Player Personnel.)
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #1099
ToTheBackstop
Minors (Double A)

OOTP v16.4.17. Spring training game, both teams managed by AI, substitutions by AI. Somehow three substitute players were assigned as playing centerfield for the same team at the same time. This position assignment was visible in the broadcast view and quick box score during game time, and in the official post-game box score.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
ToTheBackstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:18 AM   #1100
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoormit View Post
This is incorrect.

In normal (non-delayed) play, a pitcher is only required to finish an at-bat if there was a mound visit during the at-bat (including before the first pitch of the at-bat), or if this is the first batter this pitcher has faced since entering the game, or if the pitcher had begun his warmup pitches to start an inning.

Even if one of those situations applies when resuming play from a rain delay, I *believe* the rules for resuming play after a rain delay specifically allow substituting the pitcher.
I don't know how it works in the real world. In the OOTP world, the pitcher remains in the game to complete the at-bat. At least, that's how it seems to work. I mentioned it as a possible reason the AI didn't remove a pitcher after a long rain delay.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote