Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-19-2015, 02:54 AM   #1001
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Bug Report:

See: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...236-post1.html

confirmed, again: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...323-post2.html

commented further: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...343-post3.html

another iteration: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...802-post7.html
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:01 PM   #1002
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Possible player development setting that needs to be tweaked by the development team (qualify as bug?):

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...908-post1.html
Old 04-19-2015, 12:25 PM   #1003
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Possible bug in AI logic for FA players not speaking to certain teams (read through thread for details, not just the first post):

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ing-teams.html

also seen here (again, read thru thread):

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lace-team.html

*The reason for the continued posts here are because people complain in the discussions thread and then never post in the bug reports thread once the general consensus within the thread is that there is a problem. Their placement by me here is with the intent of making it easy for the development team to track (and fix) these issues.

Last edited by MKG1734; 04-19-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #1004
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Two things that have always bugged me:

1) Create New Game -> League tab. Changing the structure will automatically cause the league reputation to jump to 10. It's not a big deal to change it after setting the structure, but it shouldn't change just because the structure does.

2) The Google Earth .kml export does not properly escape the & and < characters, causing an error when Google Earth tries parsing them. They should be replaced with &amp; and &lt; upon generation. There are a couple of others that probably should be escaped (quotes, apostrophes, >), but they don't seem to break anything. Also, OOTP pops up a dialog that claims Google Earth couldn't be opened, even though it is opening properly.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:49 PM   #1005
Saintevil
Bat Boy

I'm not sure how to get past this error? Tried to have the league filled with fictional players but it still doesn't let me past it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Saintevil; 04-19-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Saintevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:36 PM   #1006
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Apparently, when you rename the default names for Cy Young, Rookie of the Year, etc. they are not changed in the "Major League Award Summary" ... even though they show up correctly in the "Major League Award Listing" and in the "Complete History"
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:51 PM   #1007
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

I have a game-breaking bug.

When I submit an extension offer, the next day the game acts as if I haven't submitted it, and gives me the option to submit again.

Also, the "money left if extension signed" is always the same as the money available for extensions. It's as if the game is acting as if my extension offers don't exist. Note that this only happens when I have submitted more than one concurrent extension offer.

Last edited by Neasag; 04-19-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Neasag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #1008
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

Custom Language/Name Origins not showing up.

Apologies if this has been posted before and I missed the search term. Anyway, if you replace one of the default languages with a custom one, the name of the language will not show up in the nation editor. I had actually noticed this previously with nameset 33 (the French-Canadian nameset that, for some reason, Canada doesn't use anymore), but it's more noticeable if you create your own universe. (A Game of Thrones quickstart that someone else made that I recently downloaded is being used for the example.)

In the example, I was trying to see how the names were created on Westeros, but I can't see anything but blanks here. If I click on the blanks, I have options to change the languages, but the options all show up with their default names (save for nameset 33, which doesn't show up at all because there's no French-Canadian option).

I've understood that all the nationality stuff is hardcoded and difficult to tinker with...but I hope that some aspects of it are easier to fix.
Attached Images
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #1009
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

Wild card standings show the top four teams leading wild card standings instead of top two. This happens once every 4 or 5 days. Rest of the time shows 2 teams leading wild card. This is not due to teams tied for division lead. I tried to post image but im still to ignorant to the ways of the computer to figure out this more than likely simple task.

Last edited by dodger300; 04-19-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: image posting failure
dodger300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:17 AM   #1010
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Walk off double with bases loaded when only one run is required to score, i.e., the batter should not get to second when the runner on third is forced home on the first base advance to win the game.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...k-off-hit.html

Note: A ground-rule double is scored a single per the rule book as the game ends when the first runner is forced home except for in the case of a home run:

see:

(c) If the home team scores the winning run in its half of the ninth inning (or its half of an extra inning after a tie), the game ends immediately when the winning run is scored. EXCEPTION: If the last batter in a game hits a home run out of the playing field, the batter-runner and all runners on base are permitted to score, in accordance with the base-running rules, and the game ends when the batter-runner touches home plate.

Last edited by MKG1734; 04-20-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:32 AM   #1011
ou11
Bat Boy

How do you fix an error 141 problem in an online league? It just started a few days ago after years (real life years) of successful export exchanges.
ou11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #1012
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Hey guys,

In previous versions the commish password worked to log in with any GM login from the select Manager screen.

In this version when I select another GM and enter the commish password I get -You have entered the wrong Password

Thanks
issue remains
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #1013
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Just simming a test league and MLB expanded in 2016, however when I reach June 20 2017 it says "Union City has illegal number of players (0)". That is a minor league team of one of the two expansion teams in MLB.

Looking at their minor league teams, they have been assigned two Rookie league teams each both in the Appalchian League but only have enough players to fill out one of those Appalchian League teams each (so 1 Appalchian League team for each expansion team is completely empty).

Only option I had to advance was to go into Commish mode and fill those 2nd Appalchian League teams with fictional players otherwise I was unable to advance the game.

EDIT: Filling with fictional players didn't work originally, had to do it twice just to advance.

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 04-20-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #1014
rockiesfan4ever
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Each time we sim a week in my online league the shortlists get multipled. I had 10 copies of 1 shortlist, each with a different number of players on it.
rockiesfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #1015
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...via-trade.html

View thread (lukasberger remaked that this was seen in another post and seems to be a bug)
Old 04-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #1016
rockiesfan4ever
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the draft pool screen is reflecting different ratings than the scouting reports screen. On the draft pool and player card screen the draftee is 5 star potential (by my scout), but when I go into his scouting report my scout has him at a 2 star potential and has never had him ranked 5 stars.
rockiesfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:54 PM   #1017
TreeRol
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger300 View Post
Wild card standings show the top four teams leading wild card standings instead of top two. This happens once every 4 or 5 days. Rest of the time shows 2 teams leading wild card. This is not due to teams tied for division lead. I tried to post image but im still to ignorant to the ways of the computer to figure out this more than likely simple task.
I see this too, although as I recall it happened with 3 teams. Last season, one day I was 5.5 games behind the 2nd place team (I was in 4th), and then the next day I'd be 2 games behind the 3rd place team (with the top 3 teams all listed as being -- games back).

This is before the newest patch, though, so cannot confirm that this bug remains.

Last edited by TreeRol; 04-20-2015 at 08:56 PM.
TreeRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:27 PM   #1018
Otrex
Minors (Single A)

I'm playing a fictional league with historical players limited between 1901 and 1981 (random debut feature), and have noticed some bugs:

i) Since the last patch I've noted at least 2 players who started their careers in 1995 allowed into the draft pool. This was not a problem before the last week.

ii) Also, suddenly free agents disappear from the "Pending Free Agents" list at the end of the regular season, only to reappear again just as the World Series ends.

iii) The draft pool itself has players rated with X stars, and moments later they are twice as many, or only half as many. Players ping-pong from 1 to 5 stars without any obvious reason. Perhaps it's evaluating them on what is left in the draft pool itself, rather than against players of the same position?

iv) Finally, when negotiating with your own players for extensions at the end of the season, no messages are sent to refuse offers. Instead, the players just seem to reject them and then file for free agency with no negotiation.

Last edited by Otrex; 04-21-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Otrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #1019
diamondparoxysm
Minors (Single A)

Pence is making over 18M this season & next (i'm in offseason, 2 days after FA filed). It says NY can't afford it, but they obviously can.
Attached Images
diamondparoxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:19 PM   #1020
ludosc
Minors (Single A)

I'm having a problem with association drafts.

I have a association with 9 leagues and have a shared amateur draft setup and I am at the day of the draft and it's not working. When I go to the first year player draft, it says 0 rounds (the setting is at 5), and 700 eligible players (100 teams). However, there is no order for the draft. I have another association with 3 leagues and it's shared draft worked fine. Anytime I try to advance past the day the game crashes.

Any ideas?
ludosc is offline   Reply With Quote