Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #961
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

On the "Meet the team" page, minor league teams show VACANT for the GM position, yet that position is not available to be hired to!
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #962
phenom
Hall Of Famer

Three patches.

Still no pie.

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #963
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Sadly I had to start a 3rd game since my first two have been corrupted with some bad data I guess I get crashes

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #964
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom View Post
Three patches.

Still no pie.
Félix Pie should be a free agent... and we have a roster errors thread. /s
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:45 PM   #965
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
A little goofy on the unlicense screen.

I also couldn't unlicense :/.
Attached Images
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #966
rockiesfan4ever
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm still having issues with players being removed from my depth chart when I place them into the lineup. I completely set up my depth chart and after I moved everyone into the right spots in the lineup it had removed any starters that were backups.

For example, I have Jason Castro as my starting DH and backup C. When I moved Castro around in the lineup it removed him from being my backup C.
rockiesfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:35 PM   #967
pistolpete2940
Bat Boy

What's going on fellas, not sure if it's been brought up before, but im having an issue with my shortlists multiplying everytime we advance our online league, seemingly exponentially. Here's what it looks like:

pistolpete2940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:14 PM   #968
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

SP pitching a shutout not being lifted in top of 9th for a pinch hitter but then being replaced to start the bottom of the ninth.
Attached Images
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:53 PM   #969
PlatinumPackage
Bat Boy

Online League export

Greetings,
I've been in an online league since OOTP13 and for some reason, just recently, my export with this league has gotten extremely large, taking nearly 10 minutes to export compared to a few seconds previously.

The commish says my export is 44mb compared to everyone else's being 200kb...I've never had this issue before and am not sure where to start.

I use a mac and downloaded the latest patch just to make sure but still the same issues. I've also deleted the league folder and started that over with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated otherwise I may get the boot from the league as the commish won't accept it being so large. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:50 AM   #970
giantsfan777
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When negotiating with players, sometimes I click "Meet Demand" and the player just asks for more money until they get fed up and leave.
giantsfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:53 AM   #971
giantsfan777
Minors (Rookie Ball)

At some point between the end of an inaugural season and the beginning of a second season in a fictitious league, the reputations of almost all coaches in the league got set to either "inexperienced" or "unproven". They still have the same number of years of service time and even carried over their stats, just get listed as inexperienced. It is not league wide, but also not limited to the lone human player (me).
Old 04-16-2015, 07:12 AM   #972
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan777 View Post
At some point between the end of an inaugural season and the beginning of a second season in a fictitious league, the reputations of almost all coaches in the league got set to either "inexperienced" or "unproven". They still have the same number of years of service time and even carried over their stats, just get listed as inexperienced. It is not league wide, but also not limited to the lone human player (me).
This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next patch.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:13 AM   #973
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan777 View Post
When negotiating with players, sometimes I click "Meet Demand" and the player just asks for more money until they get fed up and leave.
I have done some adjustments to the counter offer logic, so this should be fixed in the next patch.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #974
giantsfan777
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First off, this is why I am love you guys so much; just look at this quick response. I can't think of many other products or services in the world that can match this.

Just one question though, when the "coaches bug" gets fixed in the next patch, will it fix the ratings in extant leagues? Just curious.

Thanks again!
Old 04-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #975
estyles
Bat Boy

Minimum Days of Service for 1 Service Year setting doesn't work as I would expect.

If I change this setting to, for example, 60 days, it messes up service time calculation for existing players. Suddenly I have guys who, according to their service time, have been in the big leagues since they were 5 years old. Basically, it seems to be multiplying service time by about 3 (giving them 172 days of service time for every year that they had played, and then dividing that by 60 for years of service time).

Instead, I would expect that if 60 days is the min days of service for a year, then 60 days is the MAX that a player can accrue in a year. If the data is stored as just a single number of X days, then when setting service time less than 172 days, I would guess you'd have to update every player with service time > 0 by multiplying by the ratio of N/172... Or something like that.
estyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #976
kingne10
Minors (Single A)

When I try to fill vacancies in my coaching staff and I make offers, some of those coaches sign with another team without me receiving an email that they either didn't like my offer or that they signed with the other team. I have to continue to look at my pending offers to see if someone is missing from the offers I made.
kingne10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:11 AM   #977
Bledsoe
Minors (Double A)

And now all my major league players are apparently playing in the Winter League:

Check out the stat lines, all of a sudden everything across the whole league is being grouped on a new, Winter League line. This is the default MLB league, July 1. The only change I made was updating the "Ghost players" option allow unfilled minor league. And now its all ****ed up

Screenshot attached
Attached Images
Bledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:39 AM   #978
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
SP pitching a shutout not being lifted in top of 9th for a pinch hitter but then being replaced to start the bottom of the ninth.
Probably the AI had no PH left on the bench. The AI checks for situations like this and PH the SP if players are available.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #979
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Since it was posted in the forum, but I see that it was not posted here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
AI decides to make a pitching change in the top of the ninth but since the pitcher will be leading off the bottom of the ninth, it makes a double switch. Sounds good so far. But then when the bottom of the 9th starts the AI pinch hits for the guy he used for the double switch. Note that the the guy who pinch hit was also a middle infielder and the pitcher that pitched the ninth for the opponent threw with the same hand as the previous pitcher, so that isn't what confused the AI either.
See here (link to post): http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...2-post109.html
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:52 PM   #980
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Uk View Post
When you "save+leave" whilst playing out a game and come back to it all the options for who controls what revert back to player controlled. In my games I usually have the AI control defence positioning. If I save and leave and come back it is reset to player control - the same happens on each of the tabs as I tried it with all of them. This happens going straight back in to the game without any game saving or exiting.
Quoting this in hopes of increased visibility. This has been an issue for a few versions now.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote