Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #81
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Like the Cubs?
I just went to some Cubs spring training games. You may well be eating those words soon.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #82
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I just went to some Cubs spring training games. You may well be eating those words soon.
Envious here - did you get to see Bryant play? Kid looks like a beast.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:16 PM   #83
BMD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
That being said, watch out about your current players, as some meddling owners will enjoy calling the press conference to announce the large extension your top player just signed without your knowledge...
Mind. Blown.
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #84
Assos
All Star Starter

I will let you all know on the 28th how the Pirates look! That is my Spring Training site for this year. The joys of living in Florida in March!
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:31 PM   #85
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS View Post
MM, I'm sure people are split on this important question!

However, I find it most comfortable to conceive time as moving from left to right. Indeed...who knew!...someone has done a study about this sort of thing:
http://www.researchgate.net/profile/...5d18000000.pdf

The bottom line of this study:
I'm good either way, I just think in that one spot, it made sense for it to be "action" to the left and extra info to the right. But yeah...I totally agree with the left to right passage of time thought.

Not a big deal, once I get playing, it's going to be whatever it is that makes sense; so it'll work either way!!!
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #86
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At the moment, no, although I would definitely like to see that at some point.

That being said, watch out about your current players, as some meddling owners will enjoy calling the press conference to announce the large extension your top player just signed without your knowledge...

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #87
sbailey85
Minors (Single A)

I really like the new strategy sliders. I always hated setting strategies and this looks like it will make it easier for me.
sbailey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #88
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At the moment, no, although I would definitely like to see that at some point.

Cool.....in some circumstances.

Will this only potentially happen when you are playing with a limited role like GM or Manager? If I am running the whole show, like in most online leagues, can this happen? If so can it be turned off?
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:04 PM   #89
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Cool.....in some circumstances.

Will this only potentially happen when you are playing with a limited role like GM or Manager? If I am running the whole show, like in most online leagues, can this happen? If so can it be turned off?

I think it's off by default in online leagues, and the whole owner goal system can also be turned off for a league like that.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #90
ToTheBackstop
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Inspired! I love it!

Some may exclaim "This is BS!!!!" but I really dig the idea that your meticulously thought-out four-year plan for your franchise could suddenly just go out the window due to the financial misadventures of your meddling boss. More challenges and more unplanned adversity == more fun, in my book.
ToTheBackstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #91
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

I haven't read all pages, but I like what I see. However I assume for online leagues owner goals can be 'turned off' so that human GMs/Managers don't have to deal with little ingame quests?

Hahaha.. serves me right for posting after only reading 2 pages - looks like it's answered above

AFBL New Jersey Athletics
FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only
ABL (old SBC) Commish only

Last edited by mikezone13; 03-17-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Lol...
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:00 PM   #92
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Envious here - did you get to see Bryant play? Kid looks like a beast.
Yes. All of the Cubs' top prospects look really good.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #93
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
I haven't read all pages, but I like what I see. However I assume for online leagues owner goals can be 'turned off' so that human GMs/Managers don't have to deal with little ingame quests?

Hahaha.. serves me right for posting after only reading 2 pages - looks like it's answered above
Yes, Owner Goals are optional. You can disable them in league setup under Global Settings.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:13 PM   #94
Aussie531
Bat Boy

I just dropped AUD $57 on this pre order.

I love you OOTP
Aussie531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #95
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Looks amazing guys!

Question: Can retired players still become managers? And is there any chance they can also become assistant GM's?
Didn't see anybody answer this: The answer is yes, they can. And you can force them to become managers, as well. Not sure about asst. GM's.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #96
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

The Road to Release, Part 2 - Owners, GMs, and Managers – Different Roles, Di...

Speaking of retired players becoming coaches, have this been worked on? Every Time Jeter retired in previous games he would always end up as a pitching coach.

Also, will coach ratings progress with success? Ratings seemed random before and there were many times where a coach would have legendary ratings but little success being in charge of a team which also made the ratings seem pointless.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #97
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpejkrm View Post
Didn't see anybody answer this: The answer is yes, they can. And you can force them to become managers, as well. Not sure about asst. GM's.
I just tested this in a 2015 MLB roster test. I imported Sean Casey. He imported as a bench coach. I attempted to offer him a job. I could offer him the Assistant GM position.

He would make an excellent manager, especially for a young team. I would start him in AAA and I would not mind if I had to use him at the major league level. He is not a good player evaluator and I would not hire him as an assistant GM.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:49 PM   #98
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
I just tested this in a 2015 MLB roster test. I imported Sean Casey. He imported as a bench coach. I attempted to offer him a job. I could offer him the Assistant GM position.

He would make an excellent manager, especially for a young team. I would start him in AAA and I would not mind if I had to use him at the major league level. He is not a good player evaluator and I would not hire him as an assistant GM.
Now that I know this, I've already hired Randy Wolf, Hideki Matsui, and Placido Polanco to coach my minor league teams
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:15 AM   #99
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Question... I always liked the job of signing free agents, drafting players and recalling and send down but never did like sering line ups... Is that the Gm role or is that gm+ manager
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:19 AM   #100
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Question... I always liked the job of signing free agents, drafting players and recalling and send down but never did like sering line ups... Is that the Gm role or is that gm+ manager
You can be GM in that case and look after the things you like to, then assign the line-ups/depth charts to your manager.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 03-18-2015 at 04:45 AM.