Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-16-2015, 04:33 PM   #41
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptautscher View Post
Looks amazing! Also, I preordered about a week ago, will I get it on 20th or 23rd even though you said preordering ended mid feb???
20th.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #42
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post
20th.
Thanks!!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #43
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Wow. i regret not pre-ordering. Is it March 23rd yet? Finally OOTP on the GM side for me is complete. Love the MGR overhaul. My EBL league is gonna be so fun again. I vote for Markus for TIME's Man of the Year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptautscher View Post
Looks amazing! Also, I preordered about a week ago, will I get it on 20th or 23rd even though you said preordering ended mid feb???
Read this from here.

Out of the Park Baseball 16 - Officially Licensed by MLB.com, Available in March 2015!

Quote:
Get the game three days before its official March release!
We won't be done with the giveaways after the price goes to $39.99 on February 16, though. Everyone who pre-orders between February 16th and three days before the official release in March will still receive a free OOTP 16 Steam key and get the game three days early.***
Order now! You get it early!

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #44
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
I was wondering if/when somebody would (deservedly) call me on that. The thing that amazed me? Somehow, that bit of lunacy passed MLB editorial review.
While I'm likely reading way too much into this comment and probably worrying for nothing..it kind of concerns me that MLB needs to approve something as small as a road to release newsletter for the game.

I just hope they don't have too much control over the game itself, if you know what I mean. I thought I read that the only thing that had to be taken out was drug suspensions for MLB games and related storylines. Let's hope it stays that way.

I'm just a bit concerned if they need to approve basically everything..
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:29 PM   #45
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

nice feature...might use it in a season replay

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #46
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

I'm definitely looking forward to the changes that have been made this year. I have a few questions for Markus and/or Matt:

In OOTP15 I play in Commissioner Mode and have "Act as GM only" checked despite the fact that I play out at least part of every game my team plays (I mostly wanted my assigned manager to win Manager of the Year, rather than me). In OOTP16, if I act as the GM only in Commissioner Mode, to what extent can I override my manager's tendencies? Can I set my lineups and pitching roles even if the manager wouldn't otherwise allow it? If I want to manually play out a game, do I then get full control of the team for that game? I would like my manager's personality to play a role, but there are some things I definitely want control over.

Alternatively, if it would be better for me to serve as both GM and manager, how much of a role does a manager's personality play in that case? Do his preferences show up in games I simulate? This aspect is largely cosmetic, but can my assigned manager win Manager of the Year even if I'm playing as GM and manager?

Lastly (and slightly off-topic), if I manually turn a retired player into a coach, does he still become a bench coach by default? It's a trivial thing, but it would be nice to turn some of my favourite players into coaches, and not have them become bench coaches with extremely low ratings.
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:57 PM   #47
Trebro
All Star Reserve

I was on break at work when I read the newsletter, and I almost shouted out loud because of how excited this part of the game made me. I cannot wait for Friday!

Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #48
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltJays View Post
I'm definitely looking forward to the changes that have been made this year. I have a few questions for Markus and/or Matt:

In OOTP15 I play in Commissioner Mode and have "Act as GM only" checked despite the fact that I play out at least part of every game my team plays (I mostly wanted my assigned manager to win Manager of the Year, rather than me). In OOTP16, if I act as the GM only in Commissioner Mode, to what extent can I override my manager's tendencies? Can I set my lineups and pitching roles even if the manager wouldn't otherwise allow it? If I want to manually play out a game, do I then get full control of the team for that game? I would like my manager's personality to play a role, but there are some things I definitely want control over.

Alternatively, if it would be better for me to serve as both GM and manager, how much of a role does a manager's personality play in that case? Do his preferences show up in games I simulate? This aspect is largely cosmetic, but can my assigned manager win Manager of the Year even if I'm playing as GM and manager?

Lastly (and slightly off-topic), if I manually turn a retired player into a coach, does he still become a bench coach by default? It's a trivial thing, but it would be nice to turn some of my favourite players into coaches, and not have them become bench coaches with extremely low ratings.
Have you had a read of this regarding the "Act As" role?

Out of the Park Baseball Manual

Near the bottom of the page.

Just some info on the Act As role for you
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:18 PM   #49
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
While I'm likely reading way too much into this comment and probably worrying for nothing..it kind of concerns me that MLB needs to approve something as small as a road to release newsletter for the game.

I just hope they don't have too much control over the game itself, if you know what I mean. I thought I read that the only thing that had to be taken out was drug suspensions for MLB games and related storylines. Let's hope it stays that way.

I'm just a bit concerned if they need to approve basically everything..
I wouldn't read too much into it. It's not a bad thing to have public copy checked. As Corsairs says they didn't go wobbly on the roe sucking bit so either it doesn't matter or they are looking for something else. I'm of the view that something has to happen first before I would worry about MLB.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #50
butsam
Minors (Single A)

I really like this! Thank you!

I am curious what is meant by "Above Average", "Extreme", etc for the ratings? Does "Extreme" shifts mean "Ideal", or "Prone to Overreaction"?

This sounds very exciting; so excited for a half a week from now!
butsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #51
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltJays View Post
I just edit them in commissioner mode, but it would be nice to see an option where they didn't automatically turn into terrible bench coaches.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:51 PM   #52
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I definitely like some of the Crusader Kings II ideas launched here.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #53
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Paper, Rock, Scissors.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #54
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
I definitely like some of the Crusader Kings II ideas launched here.

We'll see how well you like it when your owner tries to assassinate your manager and marries the assistant GM off to the Polish club.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #55
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Old 03-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #56
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
We'll see how well you like it when your owner tries to assassinate your manager and marries the assistant GM off to the Polish club.
Night = made.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #57
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I knew that hiring a possessed wrathful gluttonous lesbian to be my hitting coach was a mistake!
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #58
anson283
Minors (Single A)

Pure comedy gold
anson283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:07 PM   #59
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Every RTR I read, and basically every feature about the game y'all bring out, it gets harder to keep to my rule of only buying every other year.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #60
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Huh, I must have been out of the game for awhile...like the suit on the owner .
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote