Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 02-24-2015, 06:11 AM   #1
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Home sweet Home (FHM2)

Last week we re-designed the manager home screen with our ongoing goal "immersion" in mind. We want this screen to be a "one place to see as much as possible when going day by day" much like the corresponding screen in FM. You now can select between different sets to be displayed (whatever you think is useful for you) except for the box on top/left which always has your next game with record against that team and your upcoming schedule. The box with results from last night alone is gold in my opinion.

Disclaimer: all logos are only for showing the screen, the game will not ship with any original logos!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #2
Särås
Minors (Single A)

Looking forward to play this game!

Looks so much better, just love it!

Car maniac and hockey enthusiast...
Särås is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
jh95
All Star Starter

Looks awesome!
Thanks for modifying the page to see all the necessary info at once!
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

Looks amazing!!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Looks fantastic. Very much in the style of OOTP and I loved being able to access the information I needed easily in that game. Looks much simpler to use and a huge improvement. Well done guys!!!!
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:23 AM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Looks fantastic. Very much in the style of OOTP and I loved being able to access the information I needed easily in that game. Looks much simpler to use and a huge improvement. Well done guys!!!!
To be honest, the screen is heavily inspired by Football Manager, not OOTP (I played some FM 2015 the other day). But yeah, I think Markus had the same inspiration last year as well.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #7
viktors89
Bat Boy

Making the boxes customizable is a big big positive for this screen.
Looking really good!
viktors89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:10 PM   #8
Chorc
Minors (Single A)

This looks amazing
Chorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:00 PM   #9
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

looks good
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:17 PM   #10
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

Now, can we please please have this be the screen that the game defaults to during simulation?

Sorry to see something great and ask for more, it really looks awesome!

Being a creature of habit(EHM) I will most likely have the team leaders in statistics be there. Love the waivers being there, can't count how many times I've simmed through a week in FHM and someone gets claimed without me even knowing they were on waivers.

Last edited by umwoz; 02-24-2015 at 02:20 PM.
umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #11
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
To be honest, the screen is heavily inspired by Football Manager, not OOTP (I played some FM 2015 the other day). But yeah, I think Markus had the same inspiration last year as well.
Haven't been to impressed with FM15. I reverted back to FM14 as I thought that was the best version for a while. Think in FM15 they went for gimmicks rather than good solid features and the 3d game is very flawed.

Love the FHM2 home screen wherever it was inspired from you have done a great job.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:50 PM   #12
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Haven't been to impressed with FM15. I reverted back to FM14 as I thought that was the best version for a while. Think in FM15 they went for gimmicks rather than good solid features and the 3d game is very flawed.

Love the FHM2 home screen wherever it was inspired from you have done a great job.
I know what you are talking about. I have a hard time to connect with FM15 (which is most likely better so I don't waste FHM development time ).
Old 02-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #13
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Customization is great and this screen is fantastic too, a really big improvement.. Bravo, Sebastian!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:50 AM   #14
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Much cleaner, nice improvement.
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:33 AM   #15
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Love the look of it. In the top left hand corner where it displays the date shouldn't it be Dec for December not Dez? Also the uppercase G's look like C's. I thought words were spelled wrong at a quick glance.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:15 AM   #16
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

It's a very nice screen, but putting on my typographer's hat leads me to making the following nitpicks:

In all the yellow highlighted headings, there is text that is centered that should be left-aligned. In the "Standings" section, for example, 'Conference' should be left-aligned so it lines up with the team names. In "Yesterday's Scores" the 'Away Team' and 'Home Team' should be left-aligned, not centered. In the "Waiver" section, in the heading, 'Name' should be left-aligned and 'Cap Hit' should be right-aligned. Having 'PIcked' centered is fine except that the text in the rows below the heading is left-aligned. It should be center-aligned to match the heading.

In the "Finances" section I think it would look better to have all the monetary in the same vertical line with the individual dollar amounts horizontally right-aligned (columns of numbers should always be right-aligned). Put the club position after the dollar amounts in the 'Budget' and 'Player Payroll' rows.

Also, "Fixtures"? What's with this wacky European terminology? It's "Upcoming Games" or "Upcoming Schedule" darn it!
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:17 AM   #17
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Love the look of it. In the top left hand corner where it displays the date shouldn't it be Dec for December not Dez? Also the uppercase G's look like C's. I thought words were spelled wrong at a quick glance.
The Date is based on the language on your computer, for me it is German (Dezember). The Font is broken but Daniela is working full-steam on OOTP at the moment so we have to wait for her to change it.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #18
viktors89
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
The Date is based on the language on your computer, for me it is German (Dezember). The Font is broken but Daniela is working full-steam on OOTP at the moment so we have to wait for her to change it.
Seb, mind if I ask you what options (yesterday scores, waivers, etc) you can choose from for the customizable boxes?
viktors89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #19
Cards>Cubs
Minors (Single A)

That looks fantastic my friend.

Very much looking forward to FHM 2.

Keep up the good work and dont let curmudgeons bring you down. You are doing amazing work laying the foundation for this franchise moving forward. I know I am, and Im sure many other share this sentiment, here for the long haul so do your thing Sebastian.

Cards>Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:07 PM   #20
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post

Also, "Fixtures"? What's with this wacky European terminology? It's "Upcoming Games" or "Upcoming Schedule" darn it!
Yeah from my plumbing days I always think of fixtures as toilets and sinks etc.

The screenshot looks good though.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote