Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

FaceGen Hair

I've suggest that OOTP buy the FaceGen Hair mod for years, but my suggestion always gets shot down because it's costly. Why can't the game just accept donations to pay for the hair modification? I'm sure you can find enough people willing to invest $5 to get this feature.

It would add a lot imo.

It exists, we just haven't invested in it yet.

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

100% agree. Out of all of the suggestions we get each year this seems like it would be the easiest and most obvious.

Bump.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

hey I would kick in $5 no problem!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I would just like to see more facial hair options.

Give Brian Wilson his whiskers!
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Agreed. I'd like to know what real $ amount we're talking about here, as well as how easily it could be implemented in the OOTP environment. Would be a great addition, and I concur, I can't see an issue with any lack of financial support from users.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Agreed. I'd like to know what real $ amount we're talking about here, as well as how easily it could be implemented in the OOTP environment.
I don't know for sure, but it could easily be in the order of $15k if not as much as $50k or even more for a commercial license.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

The other problem is that there just aren't that many hair styles in the FaceGen hair pack.

Nothing like what we'd need/want to have even a fraction of all the styles that would be needed, even just for the hairstyles of real MLB players.

Given the few styles and likely high price I find it hard to believe that buying the license would actually be a good investment.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I don't know for sure, but it could easily be in the order of $15k if not as much as $50k or even more for a commercial license.
$995 is what I see for a Re-distribution license.Singular Inversions - FaceGen Re-Distribution License I can't find the various facial hair options one can add, but even just having elf ears Singular Inversions - Additional Model Sets
and long hair would be nice. Singular Inversions - Additional Hair Models
Also looks like I might be able to do Ewoks, Bothans & Wookies with the full version. Singular Inversions - FaceGen Customizer
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post

For which license?

Old 12-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Qestion:

Bobble's mod works on top of "Face Gen" so why wouldn't something similar work with hair?

Old 12-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #11
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
$995 is what I see for a Re-distribution license.Singular Inversions - FaceGen Re-Distribution License I can't find the various facial hair options one can add, but even just having elf ears Singular Inversions - Additional Model Sets
Also looks like I might be able to do Ewoks, Bothans & Wookies with the full version. Singular Inversions - FaceGen Customizer
If it's really $995, and they sell 100,000 copies of OOTP 15, that works out to less than a penny per game.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
If it's really $995, and they sell 100,000 copies of OOTP 15, that works out to less than a penny per game.

Do they really sell that many copies?

Old 12-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I have no idea how many copies are sold but this game was pretty much only sold at this website. There are currently 27K members here with roughly 5K active. My estimate is that the active members fairly represent current version purchasers.

Assuming 33% of people who buy the game sign up for the forums that means there are 15K purchases a year. Now back out hockey and boxing only guys. Say 10%.

That translates to about 12.5K purchases a year. No way is it anywhere near 100,000. I'd say that my estimate of 12.5K is high too. I bet it closer to about 8K a year.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #14
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Interesting, that's pretty cheap then.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

I highly doubt 1/3 of the buyers of this game register for the forums. I'd estimate between 20 and 25 thousand copies are sold per version.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #16
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I will derail then "rerail".

I know that a small precentage of users actually sign up for forums on most games but for some reason I thought this one would be much higher.

I say your estimate is as good as mine if not better. In any event, 100,000, 25,000, or 8,000 the cost of the additional license divided over all copies would be small and could easily be tacked onto the price.

Yes the video game market has an elastic demand curve but if we drill into just the video game market and look at OOTP in realtion to just other games in the video game market then, realtively speaking, the niche market that OOTP represents would mean that the demand curve of OOTP is fairly inelastic.

A small bump in price would not significantly changes sales. The buyers of OOTP will be the buyers of OOTP. Might as well add the hair and bump the price 25 cents.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

Sadly, once again, I still do not believe that OOTP reads our suggestions. I have yet to see evidence of it. The amount of extremely popular and easy to implement suggestions that never reach the game is astounding...how long have we been asking for more custom awards for instance? A long ass time. That would probably take less than an hour to add to the game if OOTP actually made an effort.

If any member of the OOTP staff wants to prove me wrong, say something.

Last edited by Mr. Baseball; 12-27-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #18
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
Sadly, once again, I still do not believe that OOTP reads our suggestions. I have yet to see evidence of it. The amount of extremely popular and easy to implement suggestions that never reach the game is astounding...how long have we been asking for more custom awards for instance? A long ass time. That would probably take less than an hour to add to the game if OOTP actually made an effort.

Not a member of the OOTP staff, but as a beta team member I can assure you that that isn't the case.

There are a great deal of improvements made to OOTP that come from suggestions on the forums.

That doesn't mean that all suggestions are implemented, or even most, realistically how could they be? That's true for suggestions from the beta team as well, each of us have (many) cherished ideas that haven't yet made it into OOTP.

Still, many of the recent improvements to OOTP have indeed been inspired by forum suggestions and I have no doubt that many more will be in the future.

Take a look back at say, OOTP10 then compare it to OOTP14. It's like they're two different games, there have been so many improvements. Most of those improvements that have been made in the interim were originally suggested right here on the forums.

I will add from experience that it's not really a good idea to make assumptions on how long it would or wouldn't take to code something.

It seems that frequently things that seem simple to us get derailed at some point because Markus states that the coding would be prohibitively long/difficult. While sometimes things that seem to me likely to be complicated to code are quickly and easily added.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 12-27-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post

Markus may not read mine or yours but I have seen Markus implement suggestions from the more promint members. Besides the 2 people you need to get to listen to you to get stuff in the game are Lukasberger & Cody(Gumby). Lukas seems to have more to do with rosters and Cody gameplay.
Get on the 15 Beta team they do listen when you are on that.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #20
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Besides the 2 people you need to get to listen to you to get stuff in the game are Lukasberger...Lukas seems to have more to do with rosters and Cody gameplay.
Good lord, I wish that was true. I think I've had maybe one major suggestion make it into the game so far.

If only it was true though, OOTP 15 would be the single finest game ever made

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 12-27-2013 at 08:51 PM.