Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Awards - You know it's long overdue...

League Awards are pretty weak and need a lot of attention.

I would like to see a drop down list for awards where I can select anything for my Custom Award(s) from "Playoff MVP" to "Most Improved Player". Making them drop down lists would assure that I don't need to pick them each season, that the AI is more than capable of doing this.

I would like to see Manager of the Year Award added to this awards screen, and quite honestly the awards screen needs a total rebuild and revamp.

Most importantly I would like the option to have one set of MLB Awards and not separate them by NL and AL. This would be great for my fictional leagues.

This is one aspect that has not changed for a very long time, and it is really feeling stale and outdated. Please consider changes for the Awards part of the game.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

Love the idea for ONE Player/Pitcher of the Year award for a league with two subleagues. I'd also add a "Fireman of the Year" or something like that, and an "All-Pro" award that selects the best player at each position at the end of the season. The latter would be especially helpful for a league with only one subleague, one division, which currently doesn't support an all-star game.
jaa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
BigCity
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa36 View Post
...and an "all-pro" award that selects the best player at each position at the end of the season. The latter would be especially helpful for a league with only one subleague, one division, which currently doesn't support an all-star game.
yes!
BigCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #4
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

I would like to see silver slugger award added. Also a mention in player history if he is second or third in batter, pitcher, or rookie of year award.
dodger300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:40 AM   #5
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Really, most of the problems with awards can be solved by adding more custom award slots. And that shouldn't be hard to do.

If there were even just 3 custom awards, players could add in the Silver Slugger, Fireman of the Year, Comeback Player of the Year, hell, even the Roberto Clemente Award if they wanted.

This has been brought up over and over and over again, and for some reason it still hasn't made it in. I mean, I don't understand coding myself, but it doesn't seem like it should be a very difficult thing to do - you already have a custom award slot; how hard could it be to make a larger number of them?
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa36 View Post
Love the idea for ONE Player/Pitcher of the Year award for a league with two subleagues. I'd also add a "Fireman of the Year" or something like that, and an "All-Pro" award that selects the best player at each position at the end of the season. The latter would be especially helpful for a league with only one subleague, one division, which currently doesn't support an all-star game.
Being able to select an all pro team would be very cool.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
jotro
Minors (Double A)

I think it would be cool, but not at all necessary, if there could be a customized option added to the Roster Overview/Free Agent screens that allowed you to see which awards a player has won over their career, or how many times they've been all-stars.
jotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

I sometimes wonder if the OOTP Developments team actually reads any of our suggestions. If I were running the game, I would read 100% of them and make sure to put extra focus towards the most popular ideas. I'm not bringing down the OOTP Team, because I think they do a great job. However, if they have an area of weakness, it's responding to suggestions.

This one gets brought up every single year and it's never addressed, despite massive feedback favoring more custom awards.

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #9
DrSatan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
I sometimes wonder if the OOTP Developments team actually reads any of our suggestions. If I were running the game, I would read 100% of them and make sure to put extra focus towards the most popular ideas. I'm not bringing down the OOTP Team, because I think they do a great job. However, if they have an area of weakness, it's responding to suggestions.

This one gets brought up every single year and it's never addressed, despite massive feedback favoring more custom awards.
This is like the 3rd thread about awards, so hopefully somebody is listening.
DrSatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

Custom Milestones is another thing we need. I can't count the number of times I suggested this and it never happened.

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:16 AM   #11
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

So, is this the year? I've sort of given up on it because I can't deal with the disappointment. 3d stadiums ahead of this!? I'm just hoping the info has not been released yet. I really can't fathom that decision.

Last edited by dave1927p; 02-02-2014 at 03:49 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #12
hfield007
All Star Starter

I'd love to stop keeping track of all of my custom awards myself. This never gets any love though.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
So, is this the year? I've sort of given up on it because I can't deal with the disappointment. 3d stadiums ahead of this!? I'm just hoping the info has not been released yet. I really can't fathom that decision.
Unfortunately, you have to realize that OOTP is a company. 3D stadiums are the first step towards full 3D animations, and that alone will draw in new players like never before. I can completely understand why 3D representation is getting the love.

Also, I'm ambivalent about the awards. Would it be cool to have multiple award slots? Yes. Does it seem like a simple thing to do? Very. Is it necessary? Absolutely not. I understand that it matters very much to you, but it doesn't really matter to everyone. I fully support what OOTP is doing here, focusing on big projects like animations to bring in more players and therefore more money.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #14
Ike348
All Star Starter

If something that takes 2 hours to program pleases 2 people, I'm all for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #15
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I understand that it matters very much to you, but it doesn't really matter to everyone. I fully support what OOTP is doing here, focusing on big projects like animations to bring in more players and therefore more money.
There's very few things that matter to everyone. Which is why feature requests are prioritized. The simple fact that this aspect has been mentioned year after year and has been on the feature request list for so long and still untouched, all i'm saying is perhaps it's about time that the priority be changed from 10 to 5.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #16
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
If something that takes 2 hours to program pleases 2 people, I'm all for it.
Me too. But I'm guessing there's something we're all missing that would cause it to take longer to program. I haven't heard Markus weigh in on this one way or the other, so I can't say for certain that it'd be easy to do, even if it seems like it should be.

My point wasn't that this was a bad idea or that it shouldn't be prioritized - if you look at my post above, I'm all for it. It's just that I can completely understand why a major project like 3D graphics is getting the attention over a very minor feature that, while it would be cool to have, is not necessary to gameplay and wouldn't draw in more customers.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #17
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
If I were running the game...
...that every year buys even more than before...

I think they read suggestion threads but obviously can't improve on everything. So they choose the easiest, the urgentest (most urgent) and the most interesting propositions.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #18
mstreeter06
Minors (Double A)

I like this suggestion as well.

I'd also throw in the ability to go back and adjust the in-game awards if needed due to a mistake in over-simming or similar.
mstreeter06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #19
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstreeter06 View Post
I like this suggestion as well.

I'd also throw in the ability to go back and adjust the in-game awards if needed due to a mistake in over-simming or similar.
great idea. Nothing more annoying than forgetting to hand out a custom award and having that black stain (empty slot) for that one year...it irritates me to no end!
Old 02-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #20
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

there is a real award for comeback player for each league too ... that's for players who did horrible the year before then had monster season the following season.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote