Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Version 0.9.47 Game Update Now Available

Our newest game update, Version 0.9.47, is now available, including a data update.

You can download the new version at:

(PC) FHM - Update 0.9.47
(Mac) FHM - Update 0.9.47
(alternate Mac link) FHM - Update 0.9.47

PC Installation instructions: After you download the file just install it over your existing game (you don't need to uninstall the old version first.) Make sure to select the correct path to your game if needed.
Mac Installation instructions: After you download the .dmg file, open it, move the fhm.app file to your applications folder and copy over the old version.

After installation, the game should display "Version 0.9, BETA Build 47" at the bottom of the statup screen; if it shows a different build number, you'll need to re-download and reinstall (and before doing so, make sure the update file you downloaded has been deleted and your browser cache cleared.)

Note that if you decide to uninstall and reinstall, you should first release one of your licenses via Preferences-License on the start screen.

Saves from version 9.44 are compatible with this version, saves from earlier versions are not.

Changes/Fixes/Additions:

*** Comments ***

As I mentioned before, this patch was intended to get historical mode operational again after some ongoing problems and some particularly nasty damage done by the last update. And since we were working on historical mode anyhow, we've also added something that's been promised for a while: the World Hockey Association. Start up a game from 1972-1978, check under League Menu -> USA, and you'll find the WHA, from Hull and Parent in '72 to Gretzky and Messier in '78.

Now, fair warning, it still needs quite a bit of work, and I wouldn't call it playable at the moment. I need to add some data to the league to get the finances working right, since right now the teams have no budget at all (which leads to them filling the holes in their rosters with fake emergency replacement players.) Getting the free agent interaction working correctly will also, I suspect, take some trial and error. Games that start before 1972 and games with the 'import rookies at 17' option turned on will see a particularly strange WHA that's mostly replacements and therefore extremely low-scoring. And worst of all, the teams that folded in real life don't die when they should, which makes a big mess if you run the league from 1972-1978. But the really critical work is done, since the issues involved with having a league appear and disappear during a historical game have been conquered (and that, of course, has big implications for what we can do when next year's version takes us back to the PCHA/WCHL and pre-NHL eras.)

We're also going to add correct arenas, cities, and attendances to the historical game soon, possibly in time for the next update - so the 1947 Leafs will no longer be playing in Air Canada Centre and the Kansas City Scouts aren't in Newark in 1974. And we're hoping to get historically-correct expansion draft rules implemented before the release.

And while Sebastian was working on that stuff, Malte started to implement the new graphics and interface changes. It's not finished yet - the in-game view, which is the biggest change, isn't in yet - and it has a few glitches (cutting off the tail of lowercase letters in the big title bar, for one), but I'd like to hear your opinions on what you see so far.

We'll now switch priorities, though, to getting the modern game switched to a 2013 start.

*** 0.9.48 (2 July 2013) ***

Bug fixes:
Game should no longer crash during historical setup.
Game should no longer freeze during the first setup stage of post-1988 historical games.
League histories in historical games will no longer include real results from after the start year.
The California Seals/Cleveland Barons franchise should now appear at the correct times (not disappearing properly yet, though, which may cause problems in post-1978 games.)
Montreal no longer plays an extra set of games in the 1960's and 70's (that appears to have been caused by the missing Seals/Barons.)
Expansion drafts should occur at the correct times.
If drafts are active in a historical game, leagues should follow the correct draft rules for the current year (e.g., age restrictions).
If "Generate at 17" is off, players should now appear only when they became property of an NHL team historically.
Allocation of attributes to currently-active players in historical mode corrected.
Disappearing graphic bars for attributes > 20 fixed.

Changes:

WHA added to historical play.
First release-version graphics implemented.

Database Changes:

We managed to get this week's resarch data added, so the the big draft-day trades are in (but not the picks themselves, that wouldn't have worked well with a 2012 start.) I don't have the information on which researchers submitted data this week yet, though (Malte usually forwards that to me, but he was busy with the PC build), so I can't tell you exactly which leagues received work.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Nice Main Screen Display !!! ... AWESOME
Old 07-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
SabresFan
Bat Boy

Invalid Database Again

I still get invalid database when trying to start a historical game. This behavior started when I updated to 9.44. In addition, I haven't seen drafts since the very earliest versions. 19-year-olds show up as free agents on January 1st. I assume that the drafts had not yet been implemented, but thought I'd check while asking about the invalid database problem.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
SabresFan
Bat Boy

I have deleted all old .lg folders and still get "invalid database version" when I try to start a new historical game. I'm showing build 47. Is anyone else having this problem? Reinstall?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFan View Post
I have deleted all old .lg folders and still get "invalid database version" when I try to start a new historical game. I'm showing build 47. Is anyone else having this problem? Reinstall?
Yeah, remember to go to preferences-license first and release the license, then uninstall and reinstall. Every time I've seen that happen with the historical game, it's been fixed by a reinstall. Likely something going wrong with the quickstarts during the update procedure.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #6
Merla

Could someone post a screenshot of the new graphics? At work, but cant wait almst 9 hours to see it.. So exciting!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #7
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Jeff.. Are you aware that you now cant see see the player names, age etc at the top of the screen with the new graphics
Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Merla

Wow. Loving the graphics. But as the previous poster said, the player names/team names etc at the top are barely visible.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #9
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merla View Post
Wow. Loving the graphics. But as the previous poster said, the player names/team names etc at the top are barely visible.
I think the problem they have is that section includes black and white text.

Now im no means a photoshop expert, but i've tweaked the background a little and attached it if anyone wants to use it for now

Attached Images
Old 07-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
Merla

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=313iog1&s=5

There's just a blank background when running at 1920x1080 Windowed. Running lower resolution shows the background image though.

Last edited by Merla; 07-03-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
phillipsj89
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merla View Post
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

There's just a blank background when running at 1920x1080 Windowed. Running lower resolution shows the background image though.
Yes, this is for me too.

also, it appears the clicking issue for the mac has been somewhat resolved. Other than in the sub-menus.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:38 AM   #12
Thatoneguy
Bat Boy

Is there a secret to scouting? I've had about 10 scouts that I had set up to various places for the full first season and their progress bar never fills. Is there another thing you have to do after the first window to activate them?( first window meaning where it asks for nation, league, position, etc)
Old 07-04-2013, 04:36 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdamBn View Post
I think the problem they have is that section includes black and white text.

Now im no means a photoshop expert, but i've tweaked the background a little and attached it if anyone wants to use it for now

Is that with "Use Team Colors" turned on in the preferences? The default is white when that's off. That particular feature isn't fully implemented yet, it's using old hardcoded color data that doesn't necessarily work well with that background. Eventually, the team colors will be editable, so they can be changed to fit with whatever background image is being used (I don't think it's working yet, but I want to have team-specific background pictures supported.)
Old 07-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #14
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Is that with "Use Team Colors" turned on in the preferences? The default is white when that's off. That particular feature isn't fully implemented yet, it's using old hardcoded color data that doesn't necessarily work well with that background. Eventually, the team colors will be editable, so they can be changed to fit with whatever background image is being used (I don't think it's working yet, but I want to have team-specific background pictures supported.)
Well thats 5 minutes of photoshop that i'll never get back

Team Colours were on.. Now off
Old 07-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #15
Boogmour
Bat Boy

I downloaded and installed the new build 47, was running 44. However, when i try to run my previously saved game, its says Error: Invalid database version.

Anything I can do to fix that?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
h3ilp3rn
Bat Boy

Perhaps I'm a lone opinion here, but I really dislike the change in aesthetic for the app. I much prefer the design that you were previously using. The color palette seems odd, and the background graphics are too harsh. They shouldn't be the focus, rather the content should be, and that balance is now off.

Just one opinion. Love the game though. You guys are doing a solid job.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #17
Kyleneuf03
Bat Boy

I'm getting a "Could not create game folder" error when trying to start a new game