Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merla View Post
Will there be a new update released today?
They've been coming about once a week so we are due for another one.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
Merla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
They've been coming about once a week so we are due for another one.
Unfortunately not. I asked on Facebook and got the following reply: "Sorry, there's no update planned for this week. Thanks."
Old 06-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #23
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unfortunately not. I asked on Facebook and got the following reply: "Sorry, there's no update planned for this week. Thanks."
Why don't they answer on this website?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #24
Merla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Why don't they answer on this website?
I have no idea and it seems a bit weird. JeffR hasn't posted here for over a week, for example. Also, I've offered to help with the Swedish database (as it's never being updated), but haven't even got a response.. It's just too quiet to be honest.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #25
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have no idea and it seems a bit weird. JeffR hasn't posted here for over a week, for example. Also, I've offered to help with the Swedish database (as it's never being updated), but haven't even got a response.. It's just too quiet to be honest.

They are looking for new customers. We are the old customers.

I agree,its too quiet. The game is about 75 days from release. Maybe everyone is tired from playing the same seasons over and over again.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm quiet because, not surprisingly, we're extremely busy at the moment, and don't have as much time to spend on the forum. It's getting into crunch time, which means not much time for anything not related to working on the game or maintaining basic health and hygiene. The FB/Twitter questions are usually handled by Brad, who's not working directly on the game.

Re: the update, I'm leaning against one this week. There's definitely going to be a two-week delay between updates when we switch to a 2013 start date, and that's happening at the start of July. We'll also have a number of things falling into place tomorrow and on the weekend, so it'll be a bit of a waste to spend time getting an update ready now when we'll need to replace it early next week anyhow to incorporate the new stuff and leave you with a good version to hold you over until the date-change update is ready.

So, most likely Wednesday of next week, plus or minus a day depending on how well things come together tomorrow and on the weekend. So far so good, the development tuning is showing progress (I'm seeing realistic draft results in the 2020's now) and looks like it'll come together nicely with one more round of changes; we've got some significant graphical changes coming from Daniela; and I've made big changes to the scouting, trading, and player evaluation models, and Sebastian's in the process of coding them now. That probably won't be done in time for the update, but it should be in for the following one. And when he's done with that, I'll have the systems for building fictional leagues outlined for him to implement.

Re: database volunteers, we've got a few researchers occupied with real-life issues at the moment who've told me they'll be back up to speed in July; I've also got plans to get a lot more community involvement in the database, but that's something that won't come to fruition until late July, so I can't go into much detail about it yet.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #27
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the feedback JeffR
Old 06-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
Merla

Excellent. Thanks for the update, Jeff.