Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Trade AI Build 12

This definitely needs some attention as I am sure many are aware. Playing as the Sabres, tried trading the following:

To Detroit:
Ryan Miller
Mike Weber
Patrick Kaleta
Every draft pick I own (Which includes 4 1st rnders, 6 2nd rnders)

To Buffalo:
Petr Mrazek
Brendan Smith
Tomas Tatar

And it comes back no way, You're kidding right?

Tried it without adding Tatar and still same thing. Seems like a Detroit steal to me!

Edit* Also noticed after editing Ryan Miller, to a higher reputation (90), he now was using his no trade clause, where before it was never mentioned)

1st and 2nd rnders seem to have really no value to them at all, as I can select a 2 star player and offer 3 1st rnders and it comes back they likely won't be willing to take it.

Last edited by yzerwing; 04-04-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

I haven't tried the latest build yet, but the last one seemed like there was some logic in it that made teams unwilling to accept more assets in a trade than they were giving up. So they would do a 1 for 1 trade without a problem but rarely would take 2 or 3 players/picks for 1. I'm guessing this was meant to avoid the exploit of giving up a bunch of scrubs for one star or trading all of your late round picks for an early round one. It certainly makes some sense when players are involved since there is an opportunity cost involved in that each additional player takes up a roster spot and takes ice time away from some other player, but shouldn't apply to draft picks or player rights.

You might actually have more luck in that trade if you remove a bunch of the draft picks from your side.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

ive tried it aswell detroits jonathan ericsson for buffalos tyler ennis but got a no and i even tried with a 1 round pick and then they told me that it was a worse trade then before
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah there seems to be an issue that by lower the value of the low picks like 4-7th rounders, that they removed the value of 1-3rd rounders. Teams are complaining when I ADD a 1st rounder. This makes no sense and makes the trading in the game worthless. I hope this gets fixed really soon. A first rounder should have excellent value.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryCannons View Post
I haven't tried the latest build yet, but the last one seemed like there was some logic in it that made teams unwilling to accept more assets in a trade than they were giving up. So they would do a 1 for 1 trade without a problem but rarely would take 2 or 3 players/picks for 1. I'm guessing this was meant to avoid the exploit of giving up a bunch of scrubs for one star or trading all of your late round picks for an early round one. It certainly makes some sense when players are involved since there is an opportunity cost involved in that each additional player takes up a roster spot and takes ice time away from some other player, but shouldn't apply to draft picks or player rights.

You might actually have more luck in that trade if you remove a bunch of the draft picks from your side.
Yeah I tried many different variations of the trade, but none worked, with or without the draft picks. It would do, Mrazek for Miller, which would have been unfair, soon as I add someone else, it wouldn't go for it.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

These comments make sense given the behavior I've been seeing as well, a greater number of assets seems to make a trade impossible. While this is obviously silly (especially in the case of adding a 1st rounder making a trade LESS appealing), I'm guessing that it was more of a quick fix to prevent gaming the system, as mentioned prior.

One thing that I think would help overall is if/when the trade AI gets to the point where it gives better feedback to your offers, in terms of what's wrong with the offer (i.e. salary concerns) and what would make it better, and also makes complete counteroffers of its own. Right now it's too much like speaking to a wall and lacks any actual negotiation (this is also a problem for me with renewing expiring contracts of my team members, salary demands are pretty much static and contract years demands are completely inflexible).
Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Also no Trades happening at Draft or Free Agent Period,in Preseason Starts when you start a Game for like the NHL.
Also if you know your going to lose like Jay Bouwmeester to Free-Agent then put him on the Block before Free-Agency starts like my team the Blues meaning Brad Shaw didn't try and Trade him and Brian Elliot after when the Stanley Cup because could have gotten a whole lot in return for them so the team can get something in return for him or make him Type A Free Agent so if another Team signs him has to give Draft Picks to his former Team. Also Brad Shaw doesn't made any Trades for my team and already in 2014.

Last edited by mgom27; 04-07-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Skip2mylou232
Bat Boy

just another quick thing I think the ai is still valuing low round picks too much, playing through a season right now and pittsburgh traded kris letang to boston for ryan button (1 star player, 1.5 star potential) and a 6th round pick. pretty sure if that happened in real life Ray Shero would not be safe in Pittrburgh lol
Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2mylou232 View Post
just another quick thing I think the ai is still valuing low round picks too much, playing through a season right now and Pittsburgh traded Kris Letang to Boston for Ryan button (1 star player, 1.5 star potential) and a 6th round pick. pretty sure if that happened in real life Ray Shero would not be safe in Pittsburgh lol
Maybe for the computer, the draft picks are worth something, but not when you try using them.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

I have found the same issues. The challenge I am having is that it is almost immpossible to tell what the AI would prefer to make a deal work.

There should be counteroffers, and not just "this won't work."

Also, in the AHL, I've found the AI sometimes does not even respond to trades.
"And as I wander with my music through the jungles of Despair, my kid will learn guitar and find a street corner somewhere. There he'll make the silence listen to the dream behind the voice, and show his minstrel Hamlet daddy that there only was one choice."
Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

Updating my earlier post. AI does not respond at all to trade proposals on the AHL level.
"And as I wander with my music through the jungles of Despair, my kid will learn guitar and find a street corner somewhere. There he'll make the silence listen to the dream behind the voice, and show his minstrel Hamlet daddy that there only was one choice."
Old 04-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
sprackman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Build 9 valued the draft picks way too high and now Build 12 values the picks way too low...trading is extremely difficult and really makes the sim very boring. I expect by the end of all the up dates this will sort itself out but now I am not enjoying the game as much. Looking forward to a new update...
Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #13
echri
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2mylou232 View Post
just another quick thing I think the ai is still valuing low round picks too much, playing through a season right now and pittsburgh traded kris letang to boston for ryan button (1 star player, 1.5 star potential) and a 6th round pick. pretty sure if that happened in real life Ray Shero would not be safe in Pittrburgh lol
I've also noticed that this seems to happen a lot in my game between the AI teams. 4 or 5-star players get traded for 1-1,5 star players + low round draft pick. For example Claude Giroux got traded for Colton Orr and a 6th round pick

In general it seems too many good players with a "large contract" gets put on the trade-block and traded as a cap-dump.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #14
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

Unless it's user initiated. I was very unsuccessful in dumping salaries at the trading deadline.