Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 04-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Version 0.9.12 Game and Data Update Now Available

Our third game update, Version 0.9.12, is now available, and also includes this week's data update, with the trade deadline deals.

This update will be a little smaller than the previous two, since some changes to the database structure made it necessary to do a full update instead of the normal Wednesday data-only one. The next version after this should see some more significant changes, among them improving the trading AI (we've fixed its overvaluing of low draft picks, but it's still doing some strange things) and the ability to select, during startup, which leagues you want playable (that one may get delayed - it's dependent on some large-scale changes to the way non-playable leagues are handled.) And we're going to start collecting crash-related saves so we can begin hunting down and eliminating the remaining crashes (I'll post uploading instructions for those saves either tomorrow or Friday.)

You can download the new version at:

FHM - Update 0.9.12

Installation instructions: After you download the file just install it over your existing game (you don't need to un-install the old version first!). Make sure to select the correct path to your game if needed. (this link should avoid the problems we had last time with older cached versions, but you may still want to double-check when you start the game that it's version 0.9.12 - look at the bottom of the startup screen, it should read "Version 0.9 Beta Build 12.")

Saves from earlier versions are not compatible with this version!

Changes/Fixes/Additions:

*** 0.9.12 (3 April 2013) ***

Crash Fixes:

Crash when lapsing player rights in historical game.
Crash after moving goalie to skater position.
Uncloseable dialogue box after making offer for player using action button.
Crash when clicking on certain players in historical game.

Other Bug Fixes:

AI no longer hugely overvaluing certain low-round draft picks.
Cap hits no longer calculated incorrectly in later years of multi-year contracts.
Editing league rules in a league that doesn't use a shootout no longer adds a 1-shot shootout to the league.
Number of shots in a shootout can now be edited down to 0 (i.e., no shootout.)
Should be more inter-league movement of free agents.
KHL trades now occur more frequently.
KHL salary values now set more appropriately.
Cancel button on preferences screen now works.
Starting goalies no longer becoming unhappy about playing time.
No longer possible to assign a goalie to a skater position.
Star ratings for potential abilities in historical games no longer getting set to half a star after the first season update.
Setup Organization should now recall U-21 players for KHL games if needed to meet lineup quota.
Contract refusal message from players now allow responses.
Players no longer contract mononucleosis during games.
Players no longer retain "angry" status after moving to a new team.
Occasional never-ending injuries fixed.
Autoplay no longer exits after reserve list players are injured in historical games.
Correct roster should now appear when changing trading partners from trade screen.
Redundant injury-related dialogue boxes no longer appear after player has been moved to lineup or disabled list.
No longer impossible to trade some farm team players.
Enough players now being generated for major junior drafts.
Sorting now works properly on all columns of personnel screen.
Sorting by attribute now works properly on free agents page.
Contract field in trade block page now displays correct team abbreviations.
When negotiating, players no longer occasionally refer to a higher offer as a lower one.
When adding years to a qualifying offer, the additional years now autofill with the salary of the last year of the offered contract, not the minimum QO value.
Historical draft versions no longer shown as scouting modern games (note that this makes it impossible to scout by draft in historical games for now.)
Submit button no longer occasionally unclickable after a player accepts an offer.
AI Setup Organization now removes recovered players from the injury list.
NHL standings screen while simulating now displays correct playoff standings during ties for divisional leads.
Back button should no longer become unresponsive.
Correct name of "View (other team's) players" dropdown selector now displayed when returning to trade screen after viewing your own team.
Won-loss records now displayed correctly in simulation screen.
Some players no longer receive $0 salary after moving from KHL to NHL.
Correct player name appears when right-clicking on players in historical drafts.
Bottom lines no longer cut off response to rejected job applications.

Changes:

Czech Extraliga and Swedish Allsvenskan are now playable.

Data Changes (not a complete list):

Players who debuted in 1985-86 and 1986-87 added to historical database
NHL transactions up-to-date as of Wednesday, April 3, including all trade deadline deals (some small exceptions: Carolina reportedly retained some of Jussi Jokinen's salary in the trade with Pittsburgh, but I haven't heard any concrete details, so that part of the deal won't be reflected in the game yet, and the Patrick Killeen and Jeff Deslauriers trades didn't make it in because they were announced so late.)
Leagues/countries with changes this update: NHL, AHL, ECHL, NCAA, OHL, QMJHL, KHL, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, UK. Note that not all of these leagues are currently playable.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

i havent noticed any crash or nothing at all with this build but ive noticed that the swedish allsvenskan after 1 season doesent have any qualification to the elitserien anymore thats the only thing ive noticed after 4 seasons in allsvenskan
Old 04-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

A problem is if you have a player like Blair Betts Rights are with Blues and is a Free-Agent signs with another NHL Team or selected Sim to like Trade Deadline Game will stop at some point but if you Sim a month the Game won't stop and also all my under Contract Players say Normal Player but some Unsigned Prospects say Core Player.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Are there any plans on implementing a "Save As" feature? I often like to go back and continue a saved game from various save points and this option is not available in the OOTP games nor do I see it in FHM.

This is probably one of my biggest must-haves if it was up to me.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPayne View Post
Are there any plans on implementing a "Save As" feature? I often like to go back and continue a saved game from various save points and this option is not available in the OOTP games nor do I see it in FHM.

I added this request into an internal tool for requests and bug reports tracking. This doesn't necessarily mean that it will be implemented though.

You can always save the game normal way and then go to your folder with saves and simply copy the respective folder with your save.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
mkbdoe
Minors (Triple A)

Location: Place where the water tastes like wine....Tucson,AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Players no longer contract mononucleosis during games.
You totally just lost a customer

Old 04-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
sluice
Bat Boy

I want to play this game so bad...

How is the Mac Beta Version coming up. Is a May 1st release date still a possibility?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #8
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post

I concur. There are just some times where you screw something up, and want the opportunity to go back and fix it.

For example, I accidentally played my goaltender three days straight. He got schellacked on game three because his fitness was in the 70s. Wish I could have gone back and done things over.
"And as I wander with my music through the jungles of Despair, my kid will learn guitar and find a street corner somewhere. There he'll make the silence listen to the dream behind the voice, and show his minstrel Hamlet daddy that there only was one choice."