Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 03-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

More Bad Trades

Not sure where to mention this, and I know the player valuation is a work in progress still but a few trades in a couple of my games have gone beyond terrible.

Rene Bourque and a 6th Round Pick for Alex Ovechkin

Anton Babchuk for Joe Pavelski

Ehrhoff and a 5th Round Pick for Mike Kostka

Last edited by umwoz; 03-31-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

Couple more(in the same save as the Ovechkin trade,

Minnesota sends Drew Bagnall and a 4th to LA for Mike Richards

NYR send Bryan Boyle and a 4th to San Jose for Joe Pavelski

I really like many aspects of this game, but I can't justify progressing forward in a game where these deals are made.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

It's been noted. We've been discussing this amongst the R&D team.

Content Creator and Streamer:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sizzlingpopcorn
Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sebastian thinks he's found the problem, it was an error in the way the game was estimating the position of draft picks (i.e., a 6th rounder should be somewhere in the 151-180 range), which led to the AI thinking some late-rounders were far more valuable than they should be. We need to get it into a build and test now, though, so it may be a while before an update.

Last edited by JeffR; 04-01-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Rob316
Minors (Single A)

Just had a Roman Polak and a 4th rounder to Ottawa go down for All star Erik Karlsson!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Sebastian thinks he's found the problem, it was an error in the way the game was estimating the position of draft picks (i.e., a 6th rounder should be somewhere in the 151-180 range), which led to the AI thinking some late-rounders were far more valuable than they should be. We need to get it into a build and test now, though, so it may be a while before an update.
In build 12, it now seems hard to move any picks. In Build 9, sometimes you needed just a little more to make a trade and you could by adding a late pick. But now moving even a 2.5-3 star player, it seems hard to get any kind of pick now. I tried trading Steve Ott to teams and they didn't want to give much, but in reality he seems valued by teams.

Note- not a fan of Ott, but nevertheless, thought I should at least get a 3rd rnder for him, but it just comes back as well balanced. He is rated 3 stars in game. Also, not trying to be critical, just trying to help get this game, where we would all love it to be.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
pens66
Major Leagues

I think at this point we shouldn't draw to many comparisons to real life in terms of player value. As Jeff has said the players in the database are not rated properly. They only have a certain template assigned, that's it. Maybe in the game teams think that they have enough Steve Otts on their roster, while in real life he is a pest of a kind which there are not a whole of in the NHL ;-)
We assess real players differently than currently possible within the game is what I am trying to say.