Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
BTerran
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Trades

Sorry if I'm requesting something already in the works, I figure there might be some of that in the coming days.

Anyways, I was wondering if we could have a more direct way to trade players on human-controlled teams.

I might just be ignorant of it, but right now it seems like the only way to trade a player is to go to the trade block or an opposing team, select the player you're interested in and then offer a trade.

It would be convenient if you could click on your own players from the roster overview and, in addition to the option to put them on the block, simply click on a trade button that sends you to the trade screen. From there you could select the team you want to attempt a trade with.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Musk
Bat Boy

I agree.

Last edited by Musk; 03-04-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Dont know if this is a bug or not but it seems like every trade includes a 4th round pick. At least in the first year. Havent come that far. November in the first year. But i love the beta so far! =)
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

When I try trading draft picks I can't right click to remove them once I offer them. For example I decide to trade for corey schneider for lupul and I try to put a draft pick to balance it out, I find out it's not enough and can't remove the draft pick I offered. It crashes if I right click the pick too often. It's a bug because it's supposed to have a remove button when you right click the pick in the trade box. Adding the pick to the trade box is working right though.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsquasher View Post
When I try trading draft picks I can't right click to remove them once I offer them. For example I decide to trade for corey schneider for lupul and I try to put a draft pick to balance it out, I find out it's not enough and can't remove the draft pick I offered. It crashes if I right click the pick too often. It's a bug because it's supposed to have a remove button when you right click the pick in the trade box. Adding the pick to the trade box is working right though.
Yeah, same for me not being able to remove picks from a trade on either side. If that pick doesn't work in the trade I must switch screens then go back to the trade screen and rebuild the trade. Quite annoying. Hopefully gets fixed in the next couple releases.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsquasher View Post
I have the same issue as well.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Anyone actually able to make a deal?

Just for the sake of it i inquired about Erat, he got an ability of 1 star and earns 5.5m and was on the trade block.

Offered Alec Martinez and several picks (like all of one year) prospects than tried several other options where i would rediculous overpay. Still i cant make a deal as the other GM says "Its not a fair deal, you have to offer us more
Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
rancer890
Minors (Rookie Ball)

On the subject of trades, I wish we could see how much cap space we have when we add and remove players. It'll be a lot better to dynamically see how much cap room we have instead of looking back on the roster page all the time.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter10 View Post
I've made a number of deals. A couple off the top of my head:

Mike Brown to Edmonton for 3rd Round Pick (I knew Nonis didn't get us enough )
Liles and MacA to Pittsburgh for Malkin ()

Four or five others that I can't remember too.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
On the subject of trades, I wish we could see how much cap space we have when we add and remove players. It'll be a lot better to dynamically see how much cap room we have instead of looking back on the roster page all the time.
Agreed. Also the whole trade menu isnt very userfriendly in my opinion. First time i went there i spend ages searching where to add picks to the deal.

Another thing is the option to ask players with a NTC to waive it. If its in i havent found it yet.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
I've made a number of deals. A couple off the top of my head:

Mike Brown to Edmonton for 3rd Round Pick (I knew Nonis didn't get us enough )
Liles and MacA to Pittsburgh for Malkin ()

Four or five others that I can't remember too.

Guess my fellow GMs dont like me then. Offered 3 1st rounds Cam "freaking" Barker and Gillis said NO WAY.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Guess my fellow GMs dont like me then. Offered 3 1st rounds Cam "freaking" Barker and Gillis said NO WAY.
Odd. I've started two different games, and in neither game was there an issue with trading. Maybe try starting a new game? Or do you remember what you did to set up that game? Might help the developers.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Odd. I've started two different games, and in neither game was there an issue with trading. Maybe try starting a new game? Or do you remember what you did to set up that game? Might help the developers.
I have started three different games so far, all with the basic settings except that i turned down injuries. With each new game i made even more extreme offers but still cant get a deal done. I also tried to keep salaries in line and add an extreme amount of picks and prospects, still a no go.

Edit: Did some more research, seems like the other team will always reject if there is a player in they dont like, even if the rest of the deal is plain awesome. Also Picks itself seem to have a no impact on trade value if nothing else is involved. I offered all 7 picks of one year Brian Connelly and was flat out rejected.

Last edited by Peter10; 03-05-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

No idea then. Hopefully they get whatever the issue is fixed. Trading is a major part of sports sims. I wonder if anyone else isn't able to trade too.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #15
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
No idea then. Hopefully they get whatever the issue is fixed. Trading is a major part of sports sims. I wonder if anyone else isn't able to trade too.
As i noted in my Edit above it seems more like an issue of the other GM not liking a part of the deal but no hint is given about it. It would help to have a message like "we can talk about this but i dont want player X in this deal".

Also the pick valuation is way off, it seems you cant make a pick for player deal.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Suggestion for trades

The OOTP trade screen is awesome. If we could get something like that for FHM, it would be great.

I was unable to add anything to trades, other than players from my team, so I guess the "help" screen should eventually be able to tell us how to build a deal including draft picks, money, players added on both sides of the deal.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #17
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

Thers is a drop down menu below the trade windows that let you chose the team, picks or rights for the 2 teams in the negotiations.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
Jonesey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Just for the sake of it i inquired about Erat, he got an ability of 1 star and earns 5.5m and was on the trade block.

Offered Alec Martinez and several picks (like all of one year) prospects than tried several other options where i would rediculous overpay. Still i cant make a deal as the other GM says "Its not a fair deal, you have to offer us more
I don't know about in game, but Erat has a NTC in real life.

Also, I had to edit him as some of his ratings were 1-5 instead of 11-15.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #19
Luongbro
Bat Boy

I cant make any worth while trades. Cant move cory schneider and when I put him on the block all I get offered is a 1 1/2 to 2 star ahler and a 4th rd pick
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #20
TMpgh
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I really like the feature from OOTP where you can request offers for players on your club. I hope that's in the works here too. I haven't received a single offer for players on my block yet, so that may not be functional, but it's just not an efficient way of finding trade partners.