Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
CD1083
All Star Starter

Bug: Database Problem

On 3 seperate occassions with 3 seperate leagues I have returned to my league with the following message:

I am unable to select either option OK or (c)anc(el)
I am forced to close out the app manually

Device: iPhone 4

The last instance was of this was returning to the game after a phone call.

Edit: I should add that I have used iPhone Explorer to upload logos. The game creates fine and the logos appear and the game runs perfectly. It's only after leaving and returning do I receive this error.
Attached Images

Last edited by CD1083; 05-05-2011 at 10:12 AM.
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
connmen
Bat Boy

I've had that experience too.

I'm playing on a 3GS, FYI.
connmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

That's strange, we didn't run across this during testing. Does this happen to you too with leagues that you did not alter?

It'll get tracked and fixed in the first update
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
That's strange, we didn't run across this during testing. Does this happen to you too with leagues that you did not alter?

It'll get tracked and fixed in the first update
The most recent instance was with a fictional league which should not have attempted to use the logos (MLB) that were uploaded.

I'd assume the fact foreign files just being present in the folder wouldn't be enough to crash the league.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
connmen
Bat Boy

I actually only experienced this problem when I first installed the software, played it, switched out and then came back in.

I have since completely rebooted my iPhone and I don't think I've experienced it since then.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Davis View Post
The most recent instance was with a fictional league which should not have attempted to use the logos (MLB) that were uploaded.

I'd assume the fact foreign files just being present in the folder wouldn't be enough to crash the league.
No, that should not happen. I know that several beta testers modded the game and never had this issue. Maybe some other app that runs in your background could be the cause for this? It is really strange!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by connmen View Post
I have since completely rebooted my iPhone and I don't think I've experienced it since then.
This here could be the key. iDevices are notorious for causing issues with some apps if they're not rebooted after installation.

I didn't reboot (can you blame me, I was too excited )

I'm going to start a new league and see if I can break it.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
connmen
Bat Boy

An update here - I've had another Database error. This being twelve hours after downloading the game and after my phone has been rebooted a few times. So, it is not 100% linked to post-installation of the game.

It seems linked in some way to the process behind the saving of the game because the error came up when I pressed CONTINUE GAME on the main menu, but when I went to LOAD GAME, my league is there but clearly an old save because the date listed within the game is a month behind where I was in the season.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by connmen View Post
An update here - I've had another Database error. This being twelve hours after downloading the game and after my phone has been rebooted a few times. So, it is not 100% linked to post-installation of the game.

It seems linked in some way to the process behind the saving of the game because the error came up when I pressed CONTINUE GAME on the main menu, but when I went to LOAD GAME, my league is there but clearly an old save because the date listed within the game is a month behind where I was in the season.
By any chance, is your device jailbroken and you have some form of Cydia apps installed? We had a beta tester who had this and he had the same problems. After he removed them, he had no problems anymore.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #10
connmen
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
By any chance, is your device jailbroken and you have some form of Cydia apps installed? We had a beta tester who had this and he had the same problems. After he removed them, he had no problems anymore.
My phone is not jailbroken (I've got Applecare warranty so I wouldn't mess with that stuff).

It seems though that the save file that experienced the Database error is now corrupted for good. I've rebooted the device and tried loading the save file and the database error pops up.

Should also note that I'm running pretty app light at the same time. Email and text messaging apps are open.

The only thing that I can say in terms of when the error happens is that I am leaving the game via the Home button, and then when coming back in, the error is there. (Mind you, not always just this one incident today which corrupted the game file).

(No big deal in losing my save file as I've just been clowning around in the game since I got it).
Old 05-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
connmen
Bat Boy

I am going to erase the app, do a complete reboot and then download and install the app again with nothing running in the background.

Maybe there was a conflict between this app and an app that was open at time of installation.