Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #41
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I'm mostly looking forward to devices from rival companies that won't lock them down.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #42
CD1083
All Star Starter

I bought the ipad on release....waiting a whopping 20 minutes mind you.

It does not feel like a 1st generation device, with firmware updates being the norm these days, many features can be added later on but as a product right now, I feel like I got my moneys worth.

Considering I use it as an ereader/word processor/game/movie/etc device

I still use my laptop/PC and iphone but the device is showing to be great when you want to sit comfortably somewhere and not have a laptop on your lap.

It's a luxery item, you don't need it but I'm glad I have it.
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #43
hit_or_miss54680
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Davis View Post
I bought the ipad on release....waiting a whopping 20 minutes mind you.

It does not feel like a 1st generation device, with firmware updates being the norm these days, many features can be added later on but as a product right now, I feel like I got my moneys worth.

Considering I use it as an ereader/word processor/game/movie/etc device

I still use my laptop/PC and iphone but the device is showing to be great when you want to sit comfortably somewhere and not have a laptop on your lap.

It's a luxery item, you don't need it but I'm glad I have it.
This is how I feel exactly.

I'm dissappointed to hear an iapd version won't be around for a while. It makes a little sense though. I knew it wouldn't come out immediately simply because it would cannibalize pc sales. The pc version is $30. The iPad basically couldn't be more expensive than $15 so what are peoples motivation to buy the pc version?

Personally, Marcus, I will buy both every year. You will not cannibalize my sales.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #44
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We'll definitely have an iPad/iPhone version of OOTP someday... but probably not before OOTP 12.
awesome - thank you Markus...now off to the apple store to pay my 10% restocking fee.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #45
kmoirkne
Bat Boy

IPOD App?

Any thoughts on an Ipod App version?
kmoirkne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #46
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Search button is your friend.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2939265

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #47
CD1083
All Star Starter

No love for my original thread

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-ipod-app.html
Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #48
grooves1200
Bat Boy

It's a little strange that this is my first post, since I never played the game before (an old APBA guy), but I'm surprised no one has come up with this yet. I pre-ordered OOTP 11 for Windows, and in the days before the iPad came out, it came to my attention that you can use a special app to let you access your PC (or Mac) remotely from the iPad.

Once I got my iPad I bought one of these apps (Desktop Connect, $12, though there are some others), installed a free utility called TightVNC on my PC, and was able to get my Windows desktop to show up on the iPad. I've been able to play around in Photoshop and type into Microsoft Word since, so I assume I'll be able to play OOTP 11 upstairs using the iPad.

Might not be the ideal solution, but until the OOTP iPad app gets written, it should do.

Last edited by grooves1200; 04-07-2010 at 08:03 PM.
grooves1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:43 AM   #49
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves1200 View Post
It's a little strange that this is my first post, since I never played the game before (an old APBA guy), but I'm surprised no one has come up with this yet. I pre-ordered OOTP 11 for Windows, and in the days before the iPad came out, it came to my attention that you can use a special app to let you access your PC (or Mac) remotely from the iPad.

Once I got my iPad I bought one of these apps (Desktop Connect, $12, though there are some others), installed a free utility called TightVNC on my PC, and was able to get my Windows desktop to show up on the iPad. I've been able to play around in Photoshop and type into Microsoft Word since, so I assume I'll be able to play OOTP 11 upstairs using the iPad.

Might not be the ideal solution, but until the OOTP iPad app gets written, it should do.
That is indeed a cool idea! It should work very well when you set the desktop to 1024*768 and then run OOTP in fullscreen mode...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #50
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:

what OS are you using? I can't connect my ipad using the software you mentioned.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #51
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

I'm giving this a bump because it I am really interested in this. Has anyone gone ahead and tried using the ipad to play OOTP using the remote access?

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #52
grooves1200
Bat Boy

the software really offers no help on setting it up with windows. i am using windows 7 home premium; pro versions of win 7 can use RDP instead. basically you need to know your computer's IP address and download a VNC program and (i'm using tightvnc) and set up a password. you then enter the IP address in the host field and the vnc password in the password and hopefully you will be able to connect the ipad to your pc.

i sure hope it's not too annoying to play ootp on the ipad this way, as the whole using the touchscreen as a mouse experience is a little annoying. plus i have experienced some glitches with screen refreshes and losing the connection. obviously next week i will have real experience to share.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #53
CD1083
All Star Starter

I got it connected but the lag is unbearable. It takes 45 seconds in some instances for a response to register. I haven't used it with OOTP yet but I don't see it working well.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #54
grooves1200
Bat Boy

Yeah, I wonder if it's the app or the VNC setup in general. Hopefully an update to the app could help things. Of course, an OOTP app would solve everything ...

Old 04-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #55
BigApplez
Bat Boy

Wink OOTP for me on the iPad

I tried At Bat 2010 for iPad but LOVE OOTP! So I ended up buying for my iPad this product called DESKTOP CONNECT by antecea which let's me play like I am sitting in front of my computer. I turned on the touchpad option and it moves really nice and is fast.
BigApplez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #56
BigApplez
Bat Boy

Talking iPad and the OOTP

I ended up buying desktop connect for the ipad and use it to play OOTP. it's fast, works nice and i haven't had any problems. i got the 64g version of the ipad.
BigApplez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #57
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I wonder if it's the app or the VNC setup in general. Hopefully an update to the app could help things. Of course, an OOTP app would solve everything ...

My money is on the VNC setup. Perhaps you should turn down the # of colors you are displaying. I use VNC daily, and it's darn near instantaneous, even if I am controlling a PC in the UK from my desktop at work.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #58
fintach
Major Leagues

So, if a mobile version is in development, is there a chance we'd see a version for the android OS as well?
fintach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:14 AM   #59
hit_or_miss54680
Minors (Double A)

Bump.

I need this. Stat.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #60
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

My wife is getting me an iPad for Father's Day as an e-reader and media player (and Kindle replacement). So bring on the iPad version!

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote