Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
Magus978
All Star Starter

Season 31 (2049) - The Thread

Well...what are you waiting for guys? Show us on the doll how screwed you are in your divisions

Good luck, have fun, and don't die.

*whispers*

Are you sure that's still the wrong game?

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
tallywood
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I finally was able to sell my 100 Cy Young at the end of last season. I managed to turn him into 4 new starters, 5 new relievers, and at least 4 new guys in the lineup. I can't wait to see what we can do this season.

I came into OOTP XX with the need to play F2P, so to have a real chance to make a Perfect league is incredible. I'm stoked.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywood View Post
I finally was able to sell my 100 Cy Young at the end of last season. I managed to turn him into 4 new starters, 5 new relievers, and at least 4 new guys in the lineup. I can't wait to see what we can do this season.
Magus has some ideas about how that might turn out for you...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #4
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Magus has some ideas about how that might turn out for you...
It was such a disaster. Over 500,000 points spent and we couldn't even make the playoffs for our weekly RNGjesus teabagging. The most expensive failure in PT history.

Brought it on myself though, couldn't figure out the optimal defense early on and it put us in too big a hole. However, in the wilderness this week I see only brilliance for the Steelport Saints, who should walk their division. Anything less is intolerable.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 10-21-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
bailey
Hall Of Famer

No worries for the Magpies as far as the division goes. The main competition will come from another team in my conference, the Seoul 101Cats, who have the better team. They only have 5 perfect league rings, so must be a refugee from whale league.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #6
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

First trip to Perfect league for my FTP team. Was lucky enough to pull a 100 Peak Ted Williams, 100 LIVE Mike Trout and 100 LIVE Scherzer to go along with 99 Van Mungo. I do not expect to do well, but at least I can say I made it. In same league as Grisham and Matt Arnold (PL403). #celebrityleague?

PT22: FTP Team "Our League Member"

PT21: FTP Non-Live Cards "Our-League member"

PT21: FTP Team

PT 20 History:
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #7
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Second straight week that all my teams are in Diamond.

Nothing has changed with the Rebs, who have been awful for three staight seasons and haven't garnered PP for a meaningful amount of packs, and then packed nothing worth a sneeze.

No more Pete Alonsos, however, since his contact rating deteriorated so bad in September that it made him more or less unusable. And, oh well, I keep exchanging relievers from time to time to no great effect. The Accountants also got rid of Rube Foster after several years of blargh results. Sain's what's new here.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #8
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
No worries for the Magpies as far as the division goes. The main competition will come from another team in my conference, the Seoul 101Cats, who have the better team. They only have 5 perfect league rings, so must be a refugee from whale league.

That team was formerly known as Stone Island and yes, they played in the whale league for quite a while. You've got a great team too, but you'll definitely have your work cut out for you in the playoffs against them. Good luck!
Old 10-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #9
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons got put in the same division as a team that I'd rate a little above ours. They're called the Moline Maroons and have won 6 perfect titles (3 of the last 4) and have averaged over 120 W for the past 4 seasons. Should be quite the struggle for us to win the division this year and it's not likely we'll be able to make any upgrades this season to help out.

I also see at least one "familiar face". The perfect champs from last season, the Victoria Vikings are in our conference. The other conference has the whale team, the Wilmington Blue Rocks. Our career .667 WPct is only 5th best in this league so it looks like there's going to be some good competition this season. Good luck to everyone in the coming season!
Old 10-21-2019, 02:53 PM   #10
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Highlighting my Gold Ken Griffey Jr. card, who's been with the Vikings since the beginning. He's put up 94 WAR and is still plugging along in Perfect at RF. Got him that Perfect Series ring to go along with all of his other awards. He doesn't have out-of-this-world ratings, but he just goes out and performs.
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:56 PM   #11
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P419: It's Not Easy Being Green; It Makes You See Red

I can't check the standings until tonight, but signature perusal has revealed that the Huntley Red Raiders and the La Crosse Fighting Frogs both call P419 home this season! This is the third time the Red and the Green (as I just coined us) have been placed in the same league; most recently, 2 seasons ago, the teams were in the same division--which Huntley won--and then faced each other in the Division Series--which Huntley won. That sounds like shameless boasting, but I am only doing so because the previous shared league placement saw the Red Raiders and Fighting Frogs meet in the Perfect League Series--and Huntley most assuredly did not win.

In recent week, the Red Raiders have simultaneously had their most PT success ever (3 straight Perfect League Series appearances, and 4 out of 5!) and also not (the Red Raiders went down to defeat in 3 of those series, to old friends Singapore Sluggers, the RealMadrid El Blanco, and the Colorado Lions). What does P419 have in store for the Red Raiders, Fighting Frogs, and friends? The story will be told...now.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:57 PM   #12
tallywood
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
No more Pete Alonsos, .

I have learned to HATE live series Alonso. So much time wasted with him in my lineup
Old 10-21-2019, 03:39 PM   #13
Izz
Hall Of Famer

P440 here, and in a division with 2 teams that regularly win 100+ games. We are 2-5 to start the season.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:38 PM   #14
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Nice start for the Saints coming off a World Series win...
Attached Images

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:55 PM   #15
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P419: A Few Other Familiar Faces

Turns out Huntley and La Crosse are both in the AC but in different divisions--La Crosse in the East and Huntley in the West. La Crosse is off to a blistering 12-5 start, including winning 2 out of 3 against Huntley in Huntley (Red Raiders shake fist at Fighting Frogs), both of the 1-run variety. La Crosse is the only AC East team with a Perfect League title (or two), but the Frogs are a half-game out of first behind a team called Towers of the Dub AAA (0$). We'll get back to the AAA Dubs in a moment...

Huntley's divisional foes include one other former Perfect League champion, the Summit Dirigibles, who are currently tied with the Red Raiders with an 11-6 record. Of course, that's only good enough for a 3-way virtual tie in the division with the Westchester Wholphins, who are currently on a 6-game winning streak, including coming back from 5-3 down in the latest sim to beat Huntley 6-5. Huh, another 1-run loss for Huntley...we'll come back to that too.

The AC Central is home to the Santa Monica Beachgoers, who have won every kind of title, including a Perfect...except for Iron. (Slackers.) Santa Monica is off to a 10-5 start, which (see if this sounds familiar) has them in second place, behind the 12-5 Seattle Mariners, owners of Iron, Bronze, and Gold champion icons. But it's the fourth-place team in the AC Central that caught Huntley's eye: Towers of the Dub. Back in 2042, the Red Raiders were the class of the NC, with 120 wins, 22 more than any other team in the conference. The Dub won 95, finishing 25 games behind the Red Raiders, but then won the Wild Card game and summarily dismissed the Raiders from the playoffs in the Division Series, sweeping them 3 straight. (Not that I'm bitter...) So to see the Dub in the AC Central, along with the AAA Dub in the East, means challenges abound for the Red Raiders and the Fighting Frogs!

The coolest thing about P419, though, is that there are no former Perfect League champs in the NC--meaning, by default, one of the Perfect League Series teams will be looking for its first championship. Very cool! The NC will feature stiff, competition, though, as there are 6 teams with a Diamond League championship, spread out between the NC East (3 teams), NC Central (2 teams), and NC West (1 team).

Oh, and as for 1-run games, Huntley is already 1-4 in those contests. Here's hoping that's an early season fluke...

Old 10-21-2019, 09:01 PM   #16
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Haven't updated in awhile so have a couple things to add.

Topeka Defenders: 105 win season 2 seasons ago, and 104 win season last week. Both times knocked out in the divisional round. Unfortunately, 2 seasons ago was to a 79 win team that won their division, so that's rough. Looking forward though, and not at all annoyed about the past.....addition wise, I packed 99 Joe DiMaggio Sunday so he's learning RF this week. I had recently purchased 100 Willie Mays and 100 Mickey Mantle so both had their first full seasons with me last week. Looking to build on that this week. I also just finished the Vida Blue collection. He's currently a starter as I sold Mussina (96) to help fund some collection work. Looking to build on last couple 100+ win seasons and make the playoffs again, and hopefully do better this time. Although, I've started out 5-11 this season, so that's not good.

Missouri Legends: Mired in diamond OL, they've been hanging just below .500. I recently added 89 Albert Pujols though so maybe that will help shore up the 1b options. I also completed the "Ganghouse Gang" collection so that added 94 Paul Dean to the rotation.

Topeka Defenders: Nothing of note packed lately besides silver Don Mattingly. However, they keep climbing. They lost in the LCS last week, but have been promoted to Diamond OL. This week will be tough. They're needing some help on the offense side. It'll be interesting to see how they fair in Diamond OL. Pack only historical cards makes it tough.

Good luck to everyone this week!

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #17
daves
Hall Of Famer

The Perfect 435 seems unexciting as the Maine Gems that won 140 games last season and have 9 Perfect titles are highly highly favored!

Bring out your pillows for this one! It will be boring.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:12 PM   #18
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P419: One More Note for the Day; Try Not to Be Green With Envy

Right now, the 2 best teams in P419 are...

AC: La Crosse Fighting Frogs (17-5) (Go, waittilnextyear!!)

NC: Costa Rica Dart Frogs (17-3) (2029 Silver Level champions; manager: WillowIvy)

Unofficial Mascots of P419: Kermit; Michigan J.; and of course...
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #19
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Ugh... just realized I'm in a 20-team league. Methinks it's going to be a looooong season.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:39 AM   #20
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
The Perfect 435 seems unexciting as the Maine Gems that won 140 games last season and have 9 Perfect titles are highly highly favored!

Bring out your pillows for this one! It will be boring.
140 Wins last year, and got knocked out in the first round....

Favored? Sure, but the NC Central looks capable of putting a couple of teams into the playoffs that look very capable against Maine, even if they lack the hardware.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote